Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not saying it's impossible, but there hasn't been a single indication or hint anywhere from any source in America that Stricklin's job is in jeopardy.
Please remind me, what has your source been right about? I just dont think this stuff "leaks".

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
If true, it is all self-correcting. If they havent fired Stricklin yet, we certainly wouldnt want him making another hire anyway.
Stricklin is clearly done here. If Mullen gets cut loose now, Foley will be hiring the next coach. All the more reason to dial it back a notch.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ok, Ox, I wasn’t before but I’m officially worried now. I sincerely hope it was for something festive like one of those cinnamon brooms before the holiday. Otherwise, by my count, this is three trips to that Ace Hardware in three weeks. I’m genuinely afraid your house may just be falling apart.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We're losing at least one of these two games (I think Missouri runs all over that sh*tty defense)....and 'the noise' will be loud AF, recruits will continue to decommit, & Mullen will say something stupid (again). And if - for whatever dumbass reason - the UAA decides to keep him, they should force him to do what Frost & Harbaugh did and restructure his contract (lower salary, lower buyout). But regardless, it makes no sense to keep him, NONE! #FDM

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My real worry is what kind of public humiliation or indignation will the program need to suffer for him to be fired? Or put another way, if this isn’t rock bottom than what the Eff is??
Agreed. Not even close.

When it is done, Mullin and Stricklin will have done more damage to UF than Chimp and Sharkfuchser combined.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
W Mullen will say something stupid (again).

This is what has hurt Mullen the most the last few weeks more than the USCe loss from what I understand. When I say Mullen went off script, he was told how to behave from what I have been told by two different people.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Just hard to believe he could survive this women's basketball scandal.
I must be missing something on the scandal. All I've hear the X basketball Coach accused of is yelling and maybe throwing basketballs at the player's and being a Bobby Knight kind of *******. That doesn't seem scandal worthy to me or did I miss something here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're losing at least one of these two games (I think Missouri runs all over that sh*tty defense)....and 'the noise' will be loud AF, recruits will continue to decommit,
Honestly, there is nothing in this class anyway. Everyone of them could decommit tomorrow and it wouldnt change a thing.

we will be trying to grab juco's and Barn's third string transfers for the next three to four years as the next staff tries to unfuchs this.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Please remind me, what has your source been right about? I just dont think this stuff "leaks".
My source said you were a total asshat, and they have been right on about that from the beginning.

This is coming from someone who should know most of what's going on. Is it someone in the top 3 decision makers at UF? No, so it's possible decisions are made that contradict what this person is told.

Take it or leave it - I'm just sharing what I have heard to my board. The snarky comments get tiresome. People love to hear scuttlebutt and gossip about it unless it's news they don't like, then they complain about it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My source said you were a total asshat, and they have been right on about that from the beginning.
Well he was right about that.

This is coming from someone who should know most of what's going on.
Again, even the upper level alum's just arent in on this decision, or any of the decisions, as his past predictions have reflected.

The part that concerns me the most is that Stricklin has not been fired already, as I expected. It's still inevitable but as his timetable lags on so does Douchebag's.

I doubt Stricklin has the ability to fire anyone right now and he will not be hiring the next coach, something we should all be thankful for.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Mullen not getting fired should not be a shock anyone here.
The fact that this post is base on a email from Ox's famous source is the part where I jumped ship. The somebitch aint got nothin g right yet.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just hard to believe he could survive this women's basketball scandal.

It’s not that hard to believe if you realize what hypocrites we have in the UF administration.
They talk the talk but they rarely walk the walk so nothing surprises me.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We're losing at least one of these two games (I think Missouri runs all over that sh*tty defense)....and 'the noise' will be loud AF, recruits will continue to decommit, & Mullen will say something stupid (again). And if - for whatever dumbass reason - the UAA decides to keep him, they should force him to do what Frost & Harbaugh did and restructure his contract (lower salary, lower buyout). But regardless, it makes no sense to keep him, NONE! #FDM

Better yet, the members of the UAA administration should be forced to pay Mullen’s salary out of their own pockets.
Politicians and public administrators are the most irresponsible people in America when managing money and I have always wondered if their decision making would change if they had actual skin in the game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
With the huge amount of major job openings (now we found out Miami will be hiring too), I can imagine it’s another reason why they want to keep Mullen. I’ll bet the agents will be having a blast with bidding wars between the schools. Some guys are about to get extremely overpaid. It’s a damn good time to be a coach in demand.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
With the huge amount of major job openings (now we found out Miami will be hiring too), I can imagine it’s another reason why they want to keep Mullen. I’ll bet the agents will be having a blast with bidding wars between the schools. Some guys are about to get extremely overpaid.
As I said, it's 2017 redux.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Better yet, the members of the UAA administration should be forced to pay Mullen’s salary out of their own pockets.
Politicians and public administrators are the most irresponsible people in America when managing money and I have always wondered if their decision making would change if they had actual skin in the game.

IF he's kept, all kidding aside, he should agree to a $6 million salary & a $6 million buyout (= $12 million, which is what he would have gotten if he was let go this year). That POS doesn't deserve another dime more than what he's currently owed. So basically, he's be agreeing to coach 2022 for free - to prove he actually wants to be here vs. just cashing a check, which is all he's done since the 2020 UGA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator