SOURCE: Reiterates UF is NOT firing Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Can’t believe I’m saying this. If we are going to lose one of the next two it will need to be really ugly if we have any hope for a change.. I hate even saying it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My source said you were a total asshat, and they have been right on about that from the beginning.

This is coming from someone who should know most of what's going on. Is it someone in the top 3 decision makers at UF? No, so it's possible decisions are made that contradict what this person is told.

Take it or leave it - I'm just sharing what I have heard to my board. The snarky comments get tiresome. People love to hear scuttlebutt and gossip about it unless it's news they don't like, then they complain about it.

Well I certainly hope that wasn’t directed at me. Because that is not the case here. I mean it. I’m truly concerned about your home and will gladly lend you a hand. Ask @Zambo . I practically walked him through his entire motorhome remodel.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
If this is true and the next 2 games do not matter in the decision making and we lose both games and he's still retained, it's my hope that attendance falls to all time lows. I personally will not attend another game or buy another piece of merchandise with a gator logo until Mullen and Strickland are gone. It is unacceptable to retain a coach that had lost his team, openly says he does not recruit during the season, and seems to have given up.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Fuchs, Sticklin and Mullen are not all gone, then none of this matters. We'll just be bringing in some other hack even if they did can Mullen.

Fuk them all.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
And nobody is asking Mullen how that search is going in the pressers. Makes no sense that nobody is asking how the replacement search is going.
He got asked on the Monday after the firings... he said something about "end of the week when we have more time." That's it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
IF he's kept, all kidding aside, he should agree to a $6 million salary & a $6 million buyout (= $12 million, which is what he would have gotten if he was let go this year). That POS doesn't deserve another dime more than what he's currently owed. So basically, he's be agreeing to coach 2022 for free - to prove he actually wants to be here vs. just cashing a check, which is all he's done since the 2020 UGA game.
And what incentive does he have to do that? Would you? I'd take my 6 mil and not take another job until the other 6 mil was paid.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm not saying it's impossible, but there hasn't been a single indication or hint anywhere from any source in America that Stricklin's job is in jeopardy.

I was with two friends this weekend that have both worked directly with Stricklin. One was frequently in meetings with him regarding events over the years. Both know him personally and really like him(liked Foley too), so it's not something they want. But both feel like the Women's BB thing is a real concern. I don't think it's a lock that he's gone, but I do feel strongly that he isn't surviving it. The football disaster is just the proverbial icing. To your point, I think it's much tougher to dissect things down to the AD level than it is a head coach. The average fan doesn't know James Blake or who the miami AD is, but they know Manny Diaz. It's the same here. 99% of America knows nothing about Stricklin. They only see the superficial part of the program, which is why most commentary is on that.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
All we can hope for is another school gets desperate in their search for a HC and they offer Mullen a pile of money. Fingers crossed.

I think Mullen probably would go to Va Tech or Penn St if it opened, but would they want him is the question?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
And what incentive does he have to do that? Would you? I'd take my 6 mil and not take another job until the other 6 mil was paid.

Of course none of us would do that, but we're not on the verge of losing our jobs. He hasn't shown that he wants to be here, keeps making stupid comments, and keeps losing football games. Frost & Harbaugh took big pay cuts and reductions in their buyouts. What has Mullen done to deserve to keep his fortune? Obviously this isn't happening - but if the UAA is bringing him back they need (or should) get his "word" that he actually wants to be here doing this job. He's had one foot out the door for 13 months now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was with two friends this weekend that have both worked directly with Stricklin. One was frequently in meetings with him regarding events over the years. Both know him personally and really like him(liked Foley too), so it's not something they want. But both feel like the Women's BB thing is a real concern. I don't think it's a lock that he's gone, but I do feel strongly that he isn't surviving it. The football disaster is just the proverbial icing..
The problem isn't the Newbauer thing alone, though obviously the woke among us would argue that's enough. you could have survived and maybe he did refer to a committee or outside law firm to investigator whatever.

the thing that will get him fired is three incredibly stupid extensions of coaches who were clearly underperforming and likely to be fired rapidly.

You can't just piss away tens of millions of dollars without repercussions.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
the thing that will get him fired is three incredibly stupid extensions of coaches who were clearly underperforming and likely to be fired rapidly.

Which is why he is looking for excuses to keep Mullen and White, which will in the end be his down fall.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
The problem isn't the Newbauer thing alone, though obviously the woke among us would argue that's enough. you could have survived and maybe he did refer to a committee or outside law firm to investigator whatever.

It kinda sucks when both you and sofla sound all normal and rational 'n schit... just sayin'

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It kinda sucks when both you and sofla sound all normal and rational 'n schit... just sayin'

I know one has a donkey show and the other is an admitted pyromaniac... When them crazy btches are the rational ones, what the fuch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.