SOURCE: Reiterates UF is NOT firing Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
8-5 got Zook fired.

And he was adored. Still is in many circles.
Plus his recruiting was solid and had been great. And he was viewed as being from the Spurrier tree having served during some of the best years that fans loved.

I’ve said before, literally none of those things apply to Mullen. Not one.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
8-5 got Zook fired.
No shcit. It should get Mullen fired. We hired an AD that doesn't understand the freakin standard here at all. This is what you you get you bring Starkville to Gainesville.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The thing about insider info is that often the people who are making the decisions don't know what they're gonna do until they do or don't do it. They may want to go one way but who knows what pops up to sway them. Or they just change their minds.

Let's hope so. Without a change now, the near future is bleak.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Utah and UK will come into an at most, 2/3rds full Swamp next season in the first two weeks and make us a quick 0-2.
Might as well be Mullinz rather than someone else trying to unfuchs his 4 year recruiting season vacation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And he was adored
that's a little too far.

He will certainly the most hated assistant we had in the 90s

Yes there was a faction that liked him, same people who think Foley is the goat. he was definitely Fooleys alltime favorite, and he resented being forced to fire Zook. but there was also a huge fraction that wanted Fooley fired the second he landed in New Orleans.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And he was adored. Still is in many circles.
Plus his recruiting was solid and had been great. And he was viewed as being from the Spurrier tree having served during some of the best years that fans loved.

I’ve said before, literally none of those things apply to Mullen. Not one.

And Zook cared, he loved the university... that carried a lot of weight with a lot of people.. I can't say that about last two jabronies.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Turdmuffin it's definitely underutilized.

I think it also reinforces how important the our rule is regarding not calling other members derogatory names.
It’s a term of endearment.

ron-pearlman-the-goon.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
that's a little too far.

He will certainly the most hated assistant we had in the 90s

Yes there was a faction that liked him, same people who think Foley is the goat. he was definitely Fooleys alltime favorite, and he resented being forced to fire Zook. but there was also a huge fraction that wanted Fooley fired the second he landed in New Orleans.

Probably. History often romanticizes and I agree he wasn't loved by all. But you get my point. As Douglas pointed out, the guy wanted to be here and genuinely cared about UF. I spoke to him after he was officially gone about a week after fsu in 2004 and, despite being thrilled we'd moved on, couldn't congratulate or thank him enough for the win. Some Bulls and fans still raved about him years after he was gone as being a great person. In contrast, my mother ran into Mullen at Publix over the summer, and sheepishly introduced herself as a long time Gator, and came away thinking he was an arrogant jerk with his response. It's also why it's become so easy for national media to jump all over him. People generally hate unfounded cockiness and have been waiting to call it out. Mullen gave them their chance starting with the Cotton and now it's off to the races.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The thing of it is these program death watches it always brings out the worst of college football. Not only that its crap waiting them out. I LOVE this game but when your program is in the last stages of a death theros its not as interesting as it usually is. I don't find myself caring and watching the dynamic nuances of top college programs and analyzing who will come out ahead. Right now I just don't give a damn. All I can think about is the kabuiki theater administrations feel they have to perform to satisfy different entities before one can euthanize the whole thing. I just watnt ti to be over already. And trust me even those lunkheads running the UF administration KNOW this thing can't be saved its just a question of whether they want to be bothered to put it down like a sick pet. Right now all "next year" means to me is more of the same dreggs were in the middle of now. As another board denizen has already commented it just means a lot of free saturday's on the horizon and not in a good way.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
that's a little too far.

He will certainly the most hated assistant we had in the 90s.

This. Saw him at a Gator Club function in Lakeland and was ready to run through walls for the guy... he can talk (sporadically) and he could recruit. But he's still a dick for what he did to us in 1994 with that prevent BS at the Choke at Doak.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This. Saw him at a Gator Club function in Lakeland and was ready to run through walls for the guy... he can talk (sporadically) and he could recruit. But he's still a dick for what he did to us in 1994 with that prevent BS at the Choke at Doak.

That was actually Pruitt. Zook was the ST's coordinator that year. I do believe he was the stand-in DC for the Fiesta Bowl disaster, which was probably somewhat unavoidable, but the Choke gets commonly incorrectly blamed on him. His Wikipedia profile pic even looks like he's in the middle of explaining this misconception for the 5th time that day.

220px-Ron-zook-withnavy-may-28-08.jpg

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yep. For me both Zook AND Muschamp had DOOM all over them. I KNEW both were clunkers and portended bad years ahead. Especially Muschamp. I HATED that hire and even before his introductory presser i was throwing stuff at my TV. Then on top of that he was a Mutt alum and "good buddies" with Jimbo sharing a recreational domicile with him. THOSE were nightmare years. As for Mullen I had no feelings one way or another. It was a 'hope for the best' mode. Its funny how Urbs worked out. He was like that super hot babe you wanted and then actually landed her. THEN she was better than anything your imagination could conjure. Calling TO's on UGA at the end of the game after we wiped the floor with them because of their previous year's insult to us made me a fanboy forever. But here we are again wringing hands over the next one and hoping lighning strikes. I hate this.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. For me both Zook AND Muschamp had DOOM all over them. I KNEW both were clunkers and portended bad years ahead. Especially Muschamp. I HATED that hire and even before his introductory presser i was throwing stuff at my TV. Then on top of that he was a Mutt alum and "good buddies" with Jimbo sharing a recreational domicile with him. THOSE were nightmare years. As for Mullen I had no feelings one way or another. It was a 'hope for the best' mode. Its funny how Urbs worked out. He was like that super hot babe you wanted and then actually landed her. THEN she was better than anything your imagination could conjure. Calling TO's on UGA at the end of the game after we wiped the floor with them because of their previous year's insult to us made me a fanboy forever. But here we are again wringing hands over the next one and hoping lighning strikes. I hate this.
The TOs against the Leghumpers bought him a lifetimes worth of mulligans from me.
I still smile ear to ear just thinking about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator