SOURCE: Reiterates UF is NOT firing Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Utah and UK will come into an at most, 2/3rds full Swamp next season in the first two weeks and make us a quick 0-2.
I think there will be a good turnout for Utah due to the novelty of having a visiting PAC12 team. I also think we will get our shlt pushed in.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
That was actually Pruitt. Zook was the ST's coordinator that year. I do believe he was the stand-in DC for the Fiesta Bowl disaster, which was probably somewhat unavoidable, but the Choke gets commonly incorrectly blamed on him. His Wikipedia profile pic even looks like he's in the middle of explaining this misconception for the 5th time that day.

220px-Ron-zook-withnavy-may-28-08.jpg
rzdoll-gif.37337

Attachments

• rzdoll.gif
    rzdoll.gif
    29.2 KB · Views: 382

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I'm changing my position. He's not getting fired. I guess the only good thing to come is that when he eventually does, it will be along with strick9 and maybe even fuchs. I hate these fools with every fiber of my being.
Come on, you were one of the few remaining sane members who can see what's up. The season, program, and recruiting is a complete disaster and not a single word of support for Mullen or reassurance from Stricklin that he will be our coach next year. Numbnuts is the biggest liability on the athletic department and they can't afford to keep him. Woke or not, everyone cares about the bottom line.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Come on, you were one of the few remaining sane members who can see what's up. The season, program, and recruiting is a complete disaster and not a single word of support for Mullen or reassurance from Stricklin that he will be our coach next year. Numbnuts is the biggest liability on the athletic department and they can't afford to keep him. Woke or not, everyone cares about the bottom line.
I also remember 4-8 and another vote of confidence and another season. Further, I'm now seeing major media news articles from reputable sports journos saying that the inside scoop is that Mullen will likely return barring some unexpected and epic meltdown. I'm reading the tea leaves here, but no one paying attention actually believes he's going to win the next 2 games. Thus an epic meltdown is not 2 more losses, those are nearly a given and thus acceptable; its something else. These articles, all dropping this week, mean a new narrative is being subtly released by the admin; this is intentional to shape public opinion and minimize angst when a firing doesn't occur the Sunday after Thanksgiving. In addition, the staff also offered some kids this week. They hate crootin; if there was any chance their jobs were in jeopardy you really think they would have bothered? Finally, other teams that are serious are making serious moves for big money and top candidates are likely to be poached before season's end, yet we continue to do absolutely nothing. He's not going anywhere. We're stuck with this turd and the idiotic AD for another year. I appreciate you considering me rationale throughout this process, unfortunately I think my rationality about the situation is why I'm changing my position. The narrative is changing and there are multiple signals being sent that indicate no change coming. I wish it wasn't the case, but those are the facts and while I hate the stench, my realistic nature forces me to acknowledge the smell. Sorry.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

This was my line of thinking but I am not sure its factoring in that maybe Stricklin is in hot water and isnt able to do his job thus putting our coaching issue on the back burner until Stricklin is sorted out. If he is in trouble over the girl bball thing then there most likely is a moratorium on Stricklin being able to hire/fire.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I also remember 4-8 and another vote of confidence and another season. Further, I'm now seeing major media news articles from reputable sports journos saying that the inside scoop is that Mullen will likely return barring some unexpected and epic meltdown. I'm reading the tea leaves here, but no one paying attention actually believes he's going to win the next 2 games. Thus an epic meltdown is not 2 more losses, those are nearly a given and thus acceptable; its something else. These articles, all dropping this week, mean a new narrative is being subtly released by the admin; this is intentional to shape public opinion and minimize angst when a firing doesn't occur the Sunday after Thanksgiving. In addition, the staff also offered some kids this week. They hate crootin; if there was any chance their jobs were in jeopardy you really think they would have bothered? Finally, other teams that are serious are making serious moves for big money and top candidates are likely to be poached before season's end, yet we continue to do absolutely nothing. He's not going anywhere. We're stuck with this turd and the idiotic AD for another year. I appreciate you considering me rationale throughout this process, unfortunately I think my rationality about the situation is why I'm changing my position. The narrative is changing and there are multiple signals being sent that indicate no change coming. I wish it wasn't the case, but those are the facts and while I hate the stench, my realistic nature forces me to acknowledge the smell. Sorry.
If I had to lay money on him not being back next year vs him returning, I'd lay heavy on him not returning. It's already been established that they aren't going to say anything until after the regular season and it's very likely that the next coach is already being negotiated with. If he's a candidate of color then the rules of making it an open and equal job search don't apply. Sorry, but that's just the way of the world these days. They are probably bargain shopping again with the plan to bring in Brian Johnson, which despite being on the cheap side, could turn out to be a good hire.

And it's possible that hiring BJ would be one of the best ways to keep AR15 which wouldn't be a major deciding factor, but would certainly be an added benefit.

The silence of support for Dooshbag from administration is deafening. He Gone!

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If I had to lay money on him not being back next year vs him returning, I'd lay heavy on him not returning. It's already been established that they aren't going to say anything until after the regular season and it's very likely that the next coach is already being negotiated with. If he's a candidate of color then the rules of making it an open and equal job search don't apply. Sorry, but that's just the way of the world these days. They are probably bargain shopping again with the plan to bring in Brian Johnson, which despite being on the cheap side, could turn out to be a good hire.

The silence of support for Dooshbag from administration is deafening. He Gone!
I literally see it completely oppositely. I think every indication since the Samford debacle has been that he's not going anywhere.

We will see. My money is heavily on a couple of incompetent wimps doing what incompetent wimps do.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

4-8 with those injuries is more defensible than even 7-5 with this roster, season and health. Plus that was still during the "1 play away from winning a NC" euphoria that lingered from 2012, not on the back of 8-4 where the coach and team quit. I haven't personally seen anything nationally other than saying it's unlikely during the season. They're required to at least extend offers as much as they're required to direct a practice. I wouldn't read anything into any of that. Also, in terms of meltdown, that was said in the aftermath of Jax. The general consensus was that we should go 4-0 to close, and he'd be safe. The idea that we go 2-2 or worse is absolutely changing that. I don't disagree that a large part of them wouldn't rather keep him around. But that choice is being made by others fortunately.

Btw, who considered you rational? I've always had you one step away from a straight jacket the most likely to end up in jail, rooming with Marianna. In a good way, of course.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If UF was negotiating with anyone that would be leaked. Agents have all the power.
Not if they don't want it leaked and no one else is even thinking about offering what could be considered a bat-shlt crazy contract.

Mullen gets fired.
Johnson gets hired.
Agent gets paid.
Everybody gets laid!

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not if they don't want it leaked and no one else is even thinking about offering what could be considered a bat-shlt crazy contract.

Mullen gets fired.
Johnson gets hired.
Agent gets paid.
Everybody gets laid!

The other part I failed to mention is the premise that seems most likely, and has repeatedly been mentioned by Joey Ivie, that he's as much wanting to be out and we are wanting him out. I think there's a very real possibility that a mutual agreement is being worked on or is in the near future.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I literally see it completely oppositely. I think every indication since the Samford debacle has been that he's not going anywhere.

We will see. My money is heavily on a couple of incompetent wimps doing what incompetent wimps do.

I sure hope that @soflagator is correct as well as many others, but DSS has a valid point. while all these other teams, be it lower level to high end D1 programs are making moves we are not doing shyt.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
The other part I failed to mention is the premise that seems most likely, and has repeatedly been mentioned by Joey Ivie, is that he's as much wanting to be out and we are wanting him out. I think there's a very real possibility that a mutual agreement is being worked on or is in the near future.

It’s been obvious that he wanted out since the end of last season. I agree that this will be a mutual split. In 2 weeks we’ll be all bitching about who we should hire.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I sure hope that @soflagator is correct as well as many others, but DSS has a valid point. while all these other teams, be it lower level to high end D1 programs are making moves we are not doing shyt.

At this point we have schit the bed due to timing regardless. Unlike with Butters, the weeks we have lingered has made the situation worse.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

One more thing to consider, and maybe the most telling of all. Ox's "source" is assuring us that Mullen is returning, so.....you really want to be on the side of one of his sources actually being right?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One more thing to consider, and maybe the most telling of all. Ox's "source" is assuring us that Mullen is returning, so.....you really want to be on the side of one of his sources actually being right?

The fact that a number of the national media have heard that the administration is getting worried about not being able to complete (money) for the coaches on the market this year. Would you doubt our administration standing pat in order to be cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.