SOURCE: UF NOT pursuing Chip Kelly or Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Campbell, Taggert, Norvell are Kentucky level hires not Florida level hires. Not interested in any names I had to google and neither are top recruits. Talk about underwhelming hires and zero buzz.
Give me Fuente, Gundy, Franklin even. I'll take experience over youth every day. If we're going after a relative unknown then Frost is the only one that would cause a lot of excitement in the fan base.

We've already discussed this before Butters was fired, but you're completely delusional. Might as well add Saban, Swinney, and Meyer to your list....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Yes, they are Bianchi articles. I can't stand the guy. However, he's written a ton on Frost. It is an interesting article saying he thinks Frost will reject Nebraska and stay at UCF. The point, he likes the recruiting in the state of Florida as a major reason why he'd stay at UCF. Using that line of reasoning, UF is the perfect job.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...t-frost-nebraska-mike-bianchi-0921-story.html

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...-nebraska-cornhuskers-ucf-20171019-story.html

I liked your post and the Florida recruiting angle, but I still don’t like that ratings ho.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I liked your post and the Florida recruiting angle, but I still don’t like that ratings ho.

That's why I gave a brief summary. :lol:

First Bianchi articles I've read in 15 years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly's at play.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are you kidding? The SEC does contract for SEC employees. They certainly do not do contracts for UF's UAA employees. If they tried that gain as the US Congress and your local US attorney could tell you, they would be violating anti-trust law.
:doh:
It's with cause.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
People would know Lane Kiffin. Or Les Miles. Or Gene Chizik. Or Dan Mullen. Or Rich Rodriguez. Wanna go with one of those?
You have anger issues. You should cut back on the roids. They shrink your nads and thats prolly why you can't get SQ preggers.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Campbell, Taggert, Norvell are Kentucky level hires not Florida level hires. Not interested in any names I had to google and neither are top recruits. Talk about underwhelming hires and zero buzz.
Give me Fuente, Gundy, Franklin even. I'll take experience over youth every day. If we're going after a relative unknown then Frost is the only one that would cause a lot of excitement in the fan base.

It obviously goes further than experience. Landing a first-tier guy comes down to money, buyout, willingness and various other timing factors that make it less likely to all come together than the next tier down. That's why you always have to have a plan that considers the next tier down. Can't-miss hires don't always present themselves.

Premium comes at a cost and so does value.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
If Kelly is out of the picture because Frost is the guy, I’m down with that. I’m just not feeling Campbell, Norvell, etc.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Kelly is out of the picture because Frost is the guy, I’m down with that. I’m just not feeling Campbell, Norvell, etc.
I feel this way. If it's not Kelly or Frost, then slitting my wrists will remain the final option. There's no reason to watch Gator football under the other stiffs on the list.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
If it means Mullen is out I am ok with it. Still, at this stage of the game I can't help but feel there will be a lot of misdirection and misinformation put out there intentionally so I am not sure anything is really a done deal.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Head Bovine did the same pi$$ing in the wind the last time we were looking for a Coach. Surprised so many lemmings are falling for it.

Good clickbait though. Should get some of the "guests" to contribute.:clap:

(How long is my ban?)

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
picture-74.png

The National Weather Service has issued a Frost Warning for Gainesville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator