SOURCE: UF NOT pursuing Chip Kelly or Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I just worry about Frost staying longer than 5-6 years. I really hope he gets entrenched into the community and stays. But Meyer kinda ruined me.

I have a feeling that Chip Kelly is trying to land at a very good situation so he can stay there.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Kelly is difficult to get along with and is a lot like Mac in the snark department. He isn't a people person. Also, he had the "racist" charge thrown at him when coaching philly. I think it is garbage, but could also be a reason ADs stay away. I don't like him, but I have little doubt he'd have done an excellent job.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like the first 2; the 3rd does nothing for me and #4 seems much more risky than Frost, IMO.
I don't get the Taggert love...so far from all the boards i've read it's mostly about recruiting and that he has a great staff. Sorry but i want our HC to be more than a recruiter. Zook was a recruiter but couldn't coach for ****...

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I don't get the Taggert love...so far from all the boards i've read it's mostly about recruiting and that he has a great staff. Sorry but i want our HC to be more than a recruiter. Zook was a recruiter but couldn't coach for ****...

Agreed.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Campbell, Taggert, Norvell are Kentucky level hires not Florida level hires. Not interested in any names I had to google and neither are top recruits. Talk about underwhelming hires and zero buzz.
Give me Fuente, Gundy, Franklin even. I'll take experience over youth every day. If we're going after a relative unknown then Frost is the only one that would cause a lot of excitement in the fan base.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC is so starved for coaching they wouldn't have balked at bringing in a winner that only had a show-cause do to his assistant
How much is the sec network worth to the sec? How much would they lose with Florida on penalties? It's about the $$$.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Not surprised about Kelly. Personally not a big fan for a few reasons. And thankfully OX, myself, Law, Stricklin as well as many others are in agreement about Cousin Eddie, so that is the best news.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now that is one of the best jokes I have ever read on this board. The SEC has NOTHING to say about who UF hires no matter silly rules they pass. They certainly do not get to approve or disapprove, check with Congress and the US Attorney about that, if you doubt it.
Ummm, yes they do. A thing called contracts.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Campbell, Taggert, Norvell are Kentucky level hires not Florida level hires. Not interested in any names I had to google and neither are top recruits. Talk about underwhelming hires and zero buzz.
Give me Fuente, Gundy, Franklin even. I'll take experience over youth every day. If we're going after a relative unknown then Frost is the only one that would cause a lot of excitement in the fan base.
Good thing your need to Google or not Google a coach isn’t one of the criterion Stricklin is using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator