SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Please no Shanahan. Kyle or Mike. One has never been a HC and one is washed up and hasn't done anything of note since John Elway retired.

Harbaugh would be an insane hire, and I mean that in a good way. He makes the most sense since he's already basically done as the 49ers coach. I would be completely and utterly shocked if Kelly left Philly when he's been doing so well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n107374 said:
I have heard for a long time, from a reliable source within the program that Petrino was a Foley favorite
We already knew Petrino was a Foley favorite, as I seem to remember there being rumors of him being flirted with by Foley in the past.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n107322 said:
Shanahan? He's expressed public interest. Obviously the reason he's going to the pros is for a home run hire, a proven product. Needs them fast too get the info out to recruits maybe?

A proven product? He hasn't proved anything in 20 years. He also looks like he could possibly be dying soon

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Something tells me Bob Stoops is available right now, or would be upon receiving the phone call. Here's how; Foley calls, Stoops accepts in principle, he goes to his AD and Administration at OU and offers his resignation, Stoops offers to finish out rest of year as coach of Sooners, OU officials politely decline, immediately accept his resignation and name an interim coach to finish the season.

And Stoops is recruiting the next day.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sticking by my prediction this entire time that Stoops is the guy.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
oxrageous;n107378 said:
We already knew Petrino was a Foley favorite, as I seem to remember there being rumors of him being flirted with by Foley in the past.

So then my source was reliable?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n107375 said:
If I had my druthers it would be Mike Gundy or Kyle Whittingham. I know Gundy is definitely not going to happen but I do like Whittingham. But geez, anyone would be a step up and whoever it is I will be excited,.....well except if it is Lane Kiffin [ugh]....

Yeah Mike Gundy's really doing a great job sustaining his program. He's only gotten outscored 152-40 in this current four game losing streak he's on. Wittingham would be a great hire.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n107398 said:
Yeah Mike Gundy's really doing a great job sustaining his program. He's only gotten outscored 152-40 in this current four game losing streak he's on. Wittingham would be a great hire.

Gundy has had some real injury problems

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I still think we might get Spurrier back. He hasn't signed an extension past next year with SC and Gamecock fans have been saying for a while that it seems like he's already checked out. That, and his sentimental comments yesterday as though he feels personally responsible for taking Muschamp's job. Yeah it's a stretch but it's better than someone thinking we're going to get Chip Kelly of Harbaugh or Belichick or whatever.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I would not mind Hudspeth, Holliday or Whittingham. I don't think the Tier 1 guys are coming.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Btw, rumors started floating this week that the Falcon's may get rid of Mike Smith and the Giant's may get rid of Tom Coughlin. Just throwing out NFL guys that may be looking for jobs soon.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n107403 said:
I still think we might get Spurrier back. He hasn't signed an extension past next year with SC and Gamecock fans have been saying for a while that it seems like he's already checked out. That, and his sentimental comments yesterday as though he feels personally responsible for taking Muschamp's job. Yeah it's a stretch but it's better than someone thinking we're going to get Chip Kelly of Harbaugh or Belichick or whatever.

Spurrier said today he's not coming back. Best to let that pipe dream go.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n107398 said:
Wittingham is finally having hist first somewhat decent season in 4 years. Glad to see you're enjoying the flavor of the month.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My dream would be to get spurrier back, but I don't think Foley and him could quite coexist

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n107417 said:
Oh so we're going to use the injury excuse for him? Got it.

Dude go look at his overall record. Not too shabby. You're anti everyone

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Thought the same thing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gundys team is ate up with injuries on the offensive line and at the qb position. Before the injuries struck they was rolling. He's extremely consistent over his tenure.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n107416 said:
Wittingham is finally having hist first somewhat decent season in 4 years. Glad to see you're enjoying the flavor of the month.

I can tell you aren't exactly Mr. Current Affairs, but Utah recently joined the Pac 12. In fact, the reason the Pac 12 is called the Pac 12 and not the Pac 10 is because Utah and Colorado joined the conference. When Utah joined the Pac 12, they had a bunch of Mountain West players (just like TCU joining the Big 12), hence the rocky start in the conference (just like TCU). Wittingham has stepped up his recruiting and now has Utah competing at a pretty high level (just like TCU). Granted, TCU is performing at a higher level than Utah at this point, but their situations are very similar in that when they joined the major conferences, they were at a major talent disadvantage, and now both are right back in the thick of things.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yea look at his freaking records dude. Atleast he's proven his teams can win when healthy. Unlike your boy muschamp. Huge difference nice try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.