SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
chferg;107451 said:
oxrageous;n107441 said:
From everything we've heard Foley wants someone familiar with the SEC. If true, that rules out a bunch of these names. I doubt Mike Gundy is even on the list. Petrino and Stoops fit what Foley looks for.
Petrino has a 10 mil buyout....I don't think he's coming.
We could hold a motorcycle rally to raise money. Problem solved.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
t-gator;107458 said:
oxrageous;n107441 said:
From everything we've heard Foley wants someone familiar with the SEC. If true, that rules out a bunch of these names. I doubt Mike Gundy is even on the list. Petrino and Stoops fit what Foley looks for.
I don't know that he'd be on the list either but muschamps only been fired a few hours we have no idea where Foley is with the search. I seriously doubt very far as much as you'd like to believe otherwise
Guarantee you he is pretty far into it. I'm sure his list was started last year

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I'm not even worried about the coaching search that much..... Just happy the man is out of Gainesville!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n107461 said:
Guarantee you he is pretty far into it. I'm sure his list was started last year
Is he checking it twice?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n107462 said:
At this point I'm not even worried about the coaching search that much..... Just happy the scum is out of Gainesville!

Wrong on both counts. He's not out of a job until the end of the season and, while certainly HC challenged, he is not scum.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;107468 said:
I'd love Petrino but our chance for him was last year
You think Petrino would say no? Money is supposedly not a factor right now. The boosters are in a generous mood.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
oxrageous;n107473 said:
You think Petrino would say no? Money is supposedly not a factor right now. The boosters are in a generous mood.

To be 100 percent honest with you I do. Here's why...Louisville gave him a second chance, the AD made some stipulations to take the job, the ACC is easy to win in, and although boosters are generous his buyout plus salary plus chumps buyout would equal nearly 20 million.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Spur dog is never coming back you can take that to the bank. Just waiting on the stoop....would be happy with a few others as well...just really feels good to be free of this misery....

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n107394 said:
I'm sticking by my prediction this entire time that Stoops is the guy.

Agree. And for those pining for a Spurrier return, Stoops is as close to Spurrier as you can get. He was a Spurrier protege' in his Gatpr glory years, he models his own program after Spurrier's Gators, the two are still best of friends, and Stoops has a good 10-15 years of coaching left in him. He's familiar with Florida, he's familiar with the SEC, he's won a NC at Florida and on his own at OU.

It's time to bring Stoops and a piece of Spurrier home. Hope it happens and soon!

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
The Original DC;n107487 said:
Agree. And for those pining for a Spurrier return, Stoops is as close to Spurrier as you can get. He was a Spurrier protege' in his Gatpr glory years, he models his own program after Spurrier's Gators, the two are still best of friends, and Stoops has a good 10-15 years of coaching left in him. He's familiar with Florida, he's familiar with the SEC, he's won a NC at Florida and on his own at OU.

It's time to bring Stoops and a piece of Spurrier home. Hope it happens and soon!

Could you imagine how loud BHG would be when stoops took the field for the first time? I'd love it. Could only imagine grier and Harris improvement under his guidance

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Ray Finkle;n107460 said:
We could hold a motorcycle rally to raise money. Problem solved.

I think autographed pictures of him in the neck brace could raise $10 Million easy.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love to see spurrier return but if we get stoops, still will be ecstatic. We all know stoops can coach..

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bring on Lane Kiffin! Great recruiter, learned from his previous mistakes, and it will screw Bama if he leaves now - he's the kind of guy who would do it.
mindblown.jpg

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n107450 said:
Originally posted by TN G8tr View Post
Just about anyone we get will be better than Muschamp (except Kiffin). But I don't think Whittingham or Gundy will be in Gainesville.

As I've said before, that's not the standard we need to set. Don't hire someone because they're "better than Muschamp." Hire the absolute best candidate possible compared to the other candidates available.

Sas, I'm not saying to set the standard as this. You guys are throwing alot of names out there. Merely stating that the candidates mentioned are better than what we currently have/had. If that were the standard I want let's just go give the keys to Kiffen.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
What about Cam Cameron ~ NFL, SEC, available very soon? Just a question. never mind ~ his record as a head coach is 1-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.