SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want Gundy. If he was hired, I wouldn't be disgusted but he's never showed me anything

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n107423 said:
Gundys team is ate up with injuries on the offensive line and at the qb position. Before the injuries struck they was rolling. He's extremely consistent over his tenure.

Rolling against Missouri St., UTSA, Texas Tech, Iowa St., and Kansas. Color me impressed. Mike Gundy is an average at best coach whose defenses are always in the bottom 25% of college football. No amount of rants at the media are going to change that.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n107419 said:
Dude go look at his overall record. Not too shabby. You're anti everyone

I'm anti anyone who 1. is washed up (Shanahan) 2. is on career auto pilot (Stoops) 3. has some of the worst defenses in football on a yearly basis (Gundy).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n107424 said:
I can tell you aren't exactly Mr. Current Affairs, but Utah recently joined the Pac 12. In fact, the reason the Pac 12 is called the Pac 12 and not the Pac 10 is because Utah and Colorado joined the conference. When Utah joined the Pac 12, they had a bunch of Mountain West players (just like TCU joining the Big 12), hence the rocky start in the conference (just like TCU). Wittingham has stepped up his recruiting and now has Utah competing at a pretty high level (just like TCU). Granted, TCU is performing at a higher level than Utah at this point, but their situations are very similar in that when they joined the major conferences, they were at a major talent disadvantage, and now both are right back in the thick of things.

I'm well aware of when they joined the pack 12. But Whittington is likely to finish 8-4 following back to back losing seasons. I just don't understand how that puts him in a category above Gundy? You only like defensive coaches and any coach from the offensive side of the ball in your mind gets thrown into the same category as Mike leach. I hate to break it to you but there's a good chance they go after an offensive coach

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Gundy was hired he'd just need to hire a good D coordinator. Problem solved

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n107435 said:
I'm well aware of when they joined the pack 12. But Whittington is likely to finish 8-4 following back to back losing seasons. I just don't understand how that puts him in a category above Gundy? You only like defensive coaches and any coach from the offensive side of the ball in your mind gets thrown into the same category as Mike leach. I hate to break it to you but there's a good chance they go after an offensive coach

I don't care if a coach is defensive or offensive minded, but if your defenses consistently suck like Gundy's, stay far, far away from this program. You guys are just having kneejerk reactions to having a bad offense for 5 years. What good would it do us to get rid of one unbalanced coach only to hire another one?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
From everything we've heard Foley wants someone familiar with the SEC. If true, that rules out a bunch of these names. I doubt Mike Gundy is even on the list. Petrino and Stoops fit what Foley looks for.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just about anyone we get will be better than Muschamp (except Kiffin). But I don't think Whittingham or Gundy will be in Gainesville.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They all get the SEC package on their cable tv, so that throws that out.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
oxrageous;n107441 said:
From everything we've heard Foley wants someone familiar with the SEC. If true, that rules out a bunch of these names.

Don't forget about Lou Holtz ~ he's available now :hehehe:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n107439 said:
I don't care if a coach is defensive or offensive minded, but if your defenses consistently suck like Gundy's, stay far, far away from this program. You guys are just having kneejerk reactions to having a bad offense for 5 years. What good would it do us to get rid of one unbalanced coach only to hire another one?

We've traditionally had good defenses and that's likely to remain true. Bring in a guy like Gundy isn't going to all of a sudden make us bad on D

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n107444 said:
Just about anyone we get will be better than Muschamp (except Kiffin). But I don't think Whittingham or Gundy will be in Gainesville.

As I've said before, that's not the standard we need to set. Don't hire someone because they're "better than Muschamp." Hire the absolute best candidate possible compared to the other candidates available.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
oxrageous;n107441 said:
From everything we've heard Foley wants someone familiar with the SEC. If true, that rules out a bunch of these names. I doubt Mike Gundy is even on the list. Petrino and Stoops fit what Foley looks for.

Petrino has a 10 mil buyout....I don't think he's coming.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n107439 said:

I'm looking at his teams record before this season. 11,12,8,10 are the amount of wins is what I'm looking at. Before the injury bug bit they was a play away from knocking off the defending champs

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Stoops has had plenty of offense while at OU. If Foley goes after him will it be a late December announcement???

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n107452 said:
I'm looking at his teams record before this season. 11,12,8,10 are the amount of wins is what I'm looking at. Before the injury bug bit they was a play away from knocking off the defending champs

Everyone except Wake Forest and The Citadel have been a play away from knocking off FSU.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The source said he wants someone as soon as possible. Doesn't sound like he wants to wait that long.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n107441 said:

I don't know that he'd be on the list either but muschamps only been fired a few hours we have no idea where Foley is with the search. I seriously doubt very far as much as you'd like to believe otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.