Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not one word concerning it. And you know how ESPN likes to break a story.

ESPN does not publish stories until they can be verified, double verify, and triple verified. Which is OK. That’s what you expect from your journalistic outlets.

That’s the reason why we broke the story of Mac being fired two days before ESPN did.

Shortcast

Lifetime Member
Aug 10, 2015
Upon further examination and just finally figuring this Chip dip Sh!t is just that...
Nothing more that someone yelling "squirrel" or waving a shiny object.... Just saying

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
ESPN does not publish stories until they can be verified, double verify, and triple verified. Which is OK. That’s what you expect from your journalistic outlets.

That’s the reason why we broke the story of Mac being fired two days before ESPN did.

Where is gawd's green earth do you consider BSPN a journalistic outlet?:lmao:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It would be astounding if Scott Frost is spurning God knows how many huge offers to stay at UCF. I find it difficult to believe.

Unless he’s truly wailing on the Nebraska job to open up

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
I don't see why it is so hard to accept SF would want to stay where he is at for another year. Timing is everything. I know most read that and think it is a point to be made about coaching jobs that are currently opening up and it is a no brainer to leave UCF for one of them. But that doesn't always motivate people that are focused and driven towards a goal. He just had a kid. He has stability. If he truly believes in himself then he knows many jobs will be there for him when he is ready to go.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see why it is so hard to accept SF would want to stay where he is at for another year. Timing is everything. I know most read that and think it is a point to be made about coaching jobs that are currently opening up and it is a no brainer to leave UCF for one of them. But that doesn't always motivate people that are focused and driven towards a goal. He just had a kid. He has stability. If he truly believes in himself then he knows many jobs will be there for him when he is ready to go.

Obviously not a good move if he covets the Florida job. If it turns out we asked and he said no thanks, then we'll know.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Late to this argument on Kelly's NFL stint, but he was certainly not a failure. I've mentioned before my issues with his roster decisions, but in terms of winning games, he won 26 in 3 years, won his division once and was close a second time. For that matter, when you look at SanFran this year, even his 2016 season there looks decent.

Saban was a failure in the NFL. Kelly was not.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
Obviously not a good move if he covets the Florida job. If it turns out we asked and he said no thanks, then we'll know.

1. Family
2. Job

I know it is UCF ... but he is making a lot of money and has a good situation set up. I could totally understand if he chose family over a job.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1. Family
2. Job

I know it is UCF ... but he is making a lot of money and has a good situation set up. I could totally understand if he chose family over a job.

How would working out of Gainesville diminish the family aspect?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
1. Family
2. Job

Gainesville is like 90 minutes away. He wouldn't be moving to North Dakota.

Sober up.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
How would working out of Gainesville diminish the family aspect?

The transition of getting a program started. Hiring OCs. Getting to know the players. Starting the recruiting process all over again. Not so much working out of Gville ... but starting all over again. A first child is pretty big deal. If that truly is the reason he stays ... I respect the hell out of him even more than I did before.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The transition of getting a program started. Hiring OCs. Getting to know the players. Starting the recruiting process all over again. Not so much working out of Gville ... but starting all over again. A first child is pretty big deal. If that truly is the reason he stays ... I respect the hell out of him even more than I did before.

As a father, I respect what it is. However, let's be practical. The first year is mainly feeding the baby, getting it down for a nap, rinse and repeat. It's mainly a load on the mother. Family and hired help can help.

I don't mean to diminish the role of a father, but his greatest input comes a little further down the road.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
You guys are sensitive. Lol.

Am I not rationalizing the reasoning that is the foundation for the rumors of Chip being our next coach?

Wait ... that puts me in the defending Franz pile. I don't want to be in that pile. But I do want to be in the Chip Kelly goes to Florida pile. This is really difficult.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
As a father, I respect what it is. However, let's be practical. The first year is mainly feeding the baby, getting it down for a nap, rinse and repeat. It's mainly a load on the mother. Family and hired help can help.

I don't mean to diminish the role of a father, but his greatest input comes a little further down the road.

Hmmm. Well ... I spent 22 years in the Army. If you are up on current events you know that meant I was gone a lot and often. I missed a lot of time with my kids, including the first year of one of them. That kinda skews my perspective on things I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.