Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
We saw today how spread offenses give Saban and Smart defenses troubles, A Chip or Frost hire would put UF back in the hunt for years to come. Imagine our guys in that offense..

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I put Frost coming to UF at 50/50. For those wondering why he would stay at UCF, he has 18 starters returning on a team that is currently owning their conference. And most of those starters are freshmen and sophomores.

He's still young with a lot of years to make money. And at $2 million a year (for now) he's never going to want for much. Sure, he can make a big payday at UF but I don't know how much money matters to him over loyalty and security. I hope I'm wrong and we get him. I'd prefer him over Kelly but I'd prefer Kelly over most of the other options out there.
What more could he do at ucf? They'll probably go undefeated this year. What else could he achieve ? They'll never make a playoff. The big12s never gonna bring ucf in.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We saw today how spread offenses give Saban and Smart defenses troubles, A Chip or Frost hire would put UF back in the hunt for years to come. Imagine our guys in that offense..
Savan plays around 13 spread offenses (everyone except Ugly/Fla and Arky) per year. Cousin Eddy scored 24 today but scored a total of 9 over the last two years. He is actually averaged about what Butters N Nuss did.

Not many Saban troubles have been observed.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last night the big news was that Kelly was coming here. Now today the news is that Kelly is not coming here and Frost is gonna stay another year at UCF. So I am guessing that we are down to our 3-6th choice on our coaching list now????

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Last night the big news was that Kelly was coming here. Now today the news is that Kelly is not coming here and Frost is gonna stay another year at UCF. So I am guessing that we are down to our 3-6th choice on our coaching list now????
Remember Stricklin's words.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Savan plays around 13 spread offenses (everyone except Ugly/Fla and Arky) per year. Cousin Eddy scored 24 today but scored a total of 9 over the last two years. He is actually averaged about what Butters N Nuss did.

Not many Saban troubles have been observed.

Just saying the teams that beat Nick run some form of spread that takes him out of his base D. Clemson,OSU,Utah, Auburn,OU,UF all ran spread offenses to give Nick problems. Hence, the reason he hates it.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What more could he do at ucf? They'll probably go undefeated this year. What else could he achieve ? They'll never make a playoff. The big12s never gonna bring ucf in.

Why wouldn't the Big12 bring in UCF? It makes a lot of sense. And next year they will be playing North Carolina and Pitt. If they beat them and go undefeated and win their conference who knows how things will play out. As I said, he gets back pretty much his entire team next year and is recruiting more guys who fit his system very well.

I have no idea what motivates him. Why did he leave Nebraska as a star HS player to go to Stanford? Believe it or not, money ain't everything, specially when you still have enough to do just fine for the rest of your life.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What did Stricklin say? I don't remember. Still no one has answered why UCF wouldn't be brought into the Big12.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
What did Stricklin say? I don't remember. Still no one has answered why UCF wouldn't be brought into the Big12.

Dont believe everything you hear and only half of what you see. or something to that effect.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok so it will still be another couple of weeks until we actually hear news that is worth a crap...

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
basically dont believe anything until you see him at his presser introducing our new HC. But what fun is that?? lol

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our guys would suck in that offense. We are bigger and slower, designed for power. And we have no running QBs on the roster.

Saban doesnt hate Spread. Remember in the 2010 championsip game when ESPN had both Saban and Meyer doing some commentary and he scoffed at spread saying the problem is too many nrgative plays and nothing to do in the redzone?

His winning pct is .850 or so against spread. He hates HURRY UP bc it keeps him from rotating his DL and keeping them fresh like he wants to do.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Our guys would suck in that offense. We are bigger and slower, designed for power. And we have no running QBs on the roster.

Saban doesnt hate Spread. Remember in the 2010 championsip game when ESPN had both Saban and Meyer doing some commentary and he scoffed at spread saying the problem is too many nrgative plays and nothing to do in the redzone?

His winning pct is .850 or so against spread. He hates HURRY UP bc it keeps him from rotating his DL and keeping them fresh like he wants to do.

Stopped taking you seriously right about here....

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The B12 considered expansion last year (year before?). For many, many reasons including money and politics they decided not to, leaving it unlikely that they would expand any time soon. Additionally when they were considering expansion the two teams at the top of the list were Houston and BYU. The 2nd tier of teams was a list of about 10 teams including UCF. Despite what homers think UCF isn't very high on that list.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

He has complained for years about this. It takes away one of his biggest strengths...depth.

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017

Toney could play QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.