Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Perhaps with Kelly as HC we flip a duel threat QB...

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
It’s one of the reasons I don’t regularly post in the sports forum. People in here can really make it miserable to be a gator fan at times.
No participation awards my friend. You should probably stay out of the sports forums it’s not for everyone. True Gator fans would not facilitate the “unrealistic expectations” narrative that is being pushed. If you are a true Gator you know what the hell we all want.

Sorry if dislikes hurt your feelings. Get over it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’d like to defend Dude’s honor. He doesn’t have man boobs. Nobody who drinks Coors Light exclusively has man boobs.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
We saw today how spread offenses give Saban and Smart defenses troubles, A Chip or Frost hire would put UF back in the hunt for years to come. Imagine our guys in that offense..

Not true. It isn't the style of O that beats Bama's Ds ... it is OL. All of our troubles over the past 6-7 years are because our OL have been underdeveloped and/or thin. Every single team we have faced lately with a decent DL have owned our O. And that measurement has declined every single year. It is the SEC ... no matter what offense you run, you have to build it on the OL.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
why would the Big12 not bring in UCF??

There was a formal evaluation of this by the Big 12 last year. They said no. Here’s why...

Because at this point UCF doesn’t have the fan base or facilities to warrant the travel and dividing of revenue. Despite talk of expanding the Big 12’s “footprint” to Florida, the Orlando media market, being the second largest university and rapidly ascending academics across the board, UCF really doesn’t have much of fan base or draw.

We live in metro Orlando so I’m in the media market. One son graduated from there in 2014 and another is there now. They are also getting pretty good in hoops & have a solid baseball program. We love UCF and are enjoying this season, but a 45k stadium that’s often half full and has major repair issues after just 10 years doesn’t impress anyone.

The one thing that could keep Frost there is doing for UCF what Bowden did at FSU - take it to the heights. Given their engineering and other tech programs there might well be some .com billionaire alumni willing to underwrite that, but none have yet emerged. But if Frost keeps this up???

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There are a lot of indications now that this story of Chip Kelly was BS. I have my doubts they ever even had a serious conversation with him about the job.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There are a lot of indications now that this story of Chip Kelly was BS. I have my doubts they ever even had a serious conversation with him about the job.
But but but ..... Franz.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, don't just ban L boy....ban anyone within a 30 mile radius of his IP address!!!! That MF is a special kind of stoopid!!!

H8rade

Nov 11, 2017

I think there was way too much smoke for there not to be some kind of contact either to Kelly's agent or the SEC, perhaps both. Some of the insiders over at 247 were even confirming that part.

I personally think if it had legs that we would be hearing more rumors out of ESPN though. Really surprised that guy put his rep on the line with such a matter of fact statement, next time I hear any rumor from Franz Beard I am going to respond with "isn't that the same clown who swore up and down the Kelly hire only needed T's to be crossed and I's dotted?"

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
this was made up from the start.. and good we don't want Chip Kelly he is old we want Frost man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.