SOURCES: While not yet public, Will Muschamp has been fired *UPDATED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gator Fever;n98302 said:
Of course Foley is happy he wants to be able to keep Muschamp. You will see the same look of relief if Muschamp beats SC.

unbelievable:crazy:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n97979 said:
I didn't see him making Bridgewater hand off 80% of the time.

We aint got no Bridgewater on the ball team either...so there is that...

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n98243 said:
I'll throw this out there. Not sure if it's really anything at all. But I saw Foley after the game, and can tell you that he was as relaxed as I've ever seen him and truly enjoying the win. I kind of got the impression that either he's already made the decision and conveyed it to WM, or that this was the game he was hoping for as a potential catalyst to keep him another season. Total speculation, and I'm probably not the best at reading body language. But it certainly did not look like a guy who was having a bitter-sweet, "now what do I do" moment. He looked really comfortable and was very social.

I tend to agree with Ox that a decision has been made. Now, what that decision is, and whether or not Saturday had any bearing on it, I have no idea. But I think it has been made.

I think NOBODY in the Athletic Department thought we would win that game, thus, a move on Muschamp was imminent. Now, that move is on hold.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n98300 said:
Right now we have a recruiting problem looking us in the face.
The school out west is taking the pick of the litter.

And WM does not coach up three stars. He makes three stars
out of five stars.

Under this coach the future is not our friend. We desperately
need to announce the hiring of a HC that knows how and loves
to score points.

The clock is ticking away.

Trouble is, he just beat the dog**** out of our most hated SEC rival and ruined their season, however you slice it, that bought him the Vandy game.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n98100 said:
For all of you that are bleeding from the eyes and writhing in misery because Muschamp's firing has not been announced yet, you may like to hear two observations made yesterday by Tony Kornheiser and Mike Belotti. Both presented a strong and eloquent rationale for Muschamp's dismissal. The Kornheiser statement can be found in yesterday's 'Pardon the Interruption' and Belotti's statement was aired on the Paul Finebaum show.

Well thanks for that. That's real helpful...:rolleyes:

- How many are going to start digging for that? It'd be great if you posted and link or gave a brief synopsis, as opposed to having suggested knowing of some rationale or reasoning and then just leaving us hanging.

- I can go home to my wife if I wanna get my hopes up, be left wanting and then have to do all the work by myself.

- Anybody heard this? How about a helping hand. :whistle:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The Original DC;n98335 said:
I think NOBODY in the Athletic Department thought we would win that game, thus, a move on Muschamp was imminent. Now, that move is on hold.
I agree. It's been pretty widely reported here in Jax that Foley (et al.) really like Muschamp. The ear to ear smiles on Foley's face were the look of a guy that was relieved and happy for Muschamp. Foley knew the pressure would be off him to make a move for a little longer. If Muschamp goes 7(8) - 4 Foley will keep him.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If champ does this, if champ does that, if Foley does this, if Foley does that, if we score one rushing TD and two passing TDs, he might be retained. If Harris develops good in the next 2 games he could be retained. He could be fired after the SC game. He will be let go after the loss at clown town. He might get an extension if he wins out and plays close at clown town, if all the sec teams loose the next 3 games, we might still have a chance to win the east, etc, etc, etc.....
Please God, make Foley announce that champ isnt coming back next year!

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Could Foley be smiling for no other reason than because we beat Georgia?

I am watching the players, the coach and Foley. The players got the QB they will play for. The coach is no longer under pressure because he has been informed he is not being retained. Foley is happy because the team did something unexpected and will look appealing to recruits and the next coach. Simple as that...

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n98352 said:
If champ does this, if champ does that, if Foley does this, if Foley does that, if we score one rushing TD and two passing TDs, he might be retained. If Harris develops good in the next 2 games he could be retained. He could be fired after the SC game. He will be let go after the loss at clown town. He might get an extension if he wins out and plays close at clown town, if all the sec teams loose the next 3 games, we might still have a chance to win the east, etc, etc, etc.....

Soooooo what you're saying is, you want Muschamp gone.?.?.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
gatormandan;n98352 said:
there is no other acceptable outcome other than this!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Alagator;n98356 said:
Soooooo what you're saying is, you want Muschamp gone.?.?.

Actually, I wanted champ to succeed because I like him and I think the players and their familys like him and I appreciate his hard work and his ability to clean up the arrests. I wanted him to be our guy. He has proven he doesnt have it and is pretty much in over his head. I am sorry it is what it is.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Alagator;n98344 said:
Well thanks for that. That's real helpful...:rolleyes:

- How many are going to start digging for that? It'd be great if you posted and link or gave a brief synopsis, as opposed to having suggested knowing of some rationale or reasoning and then just leaving us hanging.

- I can go home to my wife if I wanna get my hopes up, be left wanting and then have to do all the work by myself.

- Anybody heard this? How about a helping hand. :whistle:

Here is an idea, watch a replay of the programs. If I had a link I would have posted it. The Kornheiser clip is at the end of the program. The Belotti clip is about midway through the Finebaum show.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TallyGator;n98355 said:
Could Foley be smiling for no other reason than because we beat Georgia?

I am watching the players, the coach and Foley. The players got the QB they will play for. The coach is no longer under pressure because he has been informed he is not being retained. Foley is happy because the team did something unexpected and will look appealing to recruits and the next coach. Simple as that...

If I were a betting man, that's what I would guess as well.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
dubster1;n98359 said:
there is no other acceptable outcome other than this!
Ive never been very clear on your position on muschamp. your too wishwashy:lol:

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
deuce coupe;n97282 said:
My source says Willie Taggert (USF) is high on the list.

His 21 - 36 record stands out to me as a BIG negative!

Of all the names being thrown around as the new coach, this is the only one that I needed to Google to find out who he is.

Is your source hi on glue?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jake from State Farm;98433 said:
Of all the names being thrown around as the new coach, this is the only one that I needed to Google to find out who he is.

Is your source hi on glue?

Taggert was hired by USF because he is a helluva recruiter.

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
GatorJ;n98440 said:
Taggert was hired by USF because he is a helluva recruiter.

Taggert seems to hit most of the requirements except he isn't a SEC guy. Went to Western KY and Coached in the NFL for a year or two. Doesn't excite me at all.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Jake from State Farm;n98444 said:
Taggert seems to hit most of the requirements except he isn't a SEC guy. Went to Western KY and Coached in the NFL for a year or two. Doesn't excite me at all.

These are the kinds of names that make me question making a change. I'm all for upgrading, and have been calling for WM's head since 2011. But change, just for the sake of change, is flirting with ut territory. We need to get a real name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.