alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n98536 said:
Sources are running crazy these days

Not a source. Just a rumor and was wondering if anyone had heard anything about it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n98539 said:
Not a source. Just a rumor and was wondering if anyone had heard anything about it.

****s getting deep. Where did you hear this?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone is so hungry for news of the inevitable. I'm sure anyone associated with the football program or UAA are getting pestered non-stop for information. Wouldn't be surprised if someone was fired over it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If he's truly fired I'm still waiting to hear the advantage in keeping it private?

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
t-gator;n98545 said:
If he's truly fired I'm still waiting to hear the advantage in keeping it private?

Probably as a courtesy to coaches everywhere. As soon as it becomes official, every coach in the land will be hounded to death about whether they have been contacted by UF or if they would consider UF or if they are going to UF. It lets coaches, possibly the specific candidate Foley is targeting, finish the season without all the aggravation or having to deny something is happening during the season while they are trying to prepare their team for upcoming games.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n98555 said:
Probably as a courtesy to coaches everywhere. As soon as it becomes official, every coach in the land will be hounded to death about whether they have been contacted by UF or if they would consider UF or if they are going to UF. It lets coaches, possibly the specific candidate Foley is targeting, finish the season without all the aggravation or having to deny something is happening during the season while they are trying to prepare their team for upcoming games.

youre probably right. Let mr taggart coach

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just messing with ya. I think Foley is trying to give him time to dig himself out.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saw another article today on candidates. I am really liking Art Briles and Gary Patterson as top prospects. Both have impressive resumes on the offensive side of the ball...add the defense we generally provide...looks like a formula for success. Recruits will be looking our way...everybody will be happy.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A Vanderbilt win gets Muschamp one step closer to surviving...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n98520 said:
I heard that someone was fired at the UAA for speaking about Muschamp's future. Anyone hear this or find an article?

601Gator possibly?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Briles is one of my favorite coaches . If I could pick any coach he'd be it but he ain't leaving Baylor unless he want to coach in the nfl

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n97250 said:
Throwing the ball less than 10 times a game will not "win us out." Not in this conference it won't. As far as FSU is concerned they will sling the ball all over the place as Mason was no Winston.

Why would we throw the ball when we were running it at will? Had we thrown the ball, turned it over and lost the game, you would be criticizing Muschamp for abandoning the run. We had a fewshman starting his first game, a rivalry game and 30-40 knot winds. Save that jab for when we have to throw it and don't.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n98545 said:

If those associated with the search signed non-disclosure statements and then leaked it, then it would make sense that he/she is fired and depending upon the damage of that leaked information, it could end up worse. The person would still be held under the NDC.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
OK I am officially predicting these sources will be proven to be full of it if we beat Vandy and SC now. Just go to 3:40 on this video and look how Foley is infatuated with Muschamp's speech in the locker room after the Georgia win.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n98541 said:
****s getting deep. Where did you hear this?

It was from a former UAA employee who has been gone for a while, which is why I say RUMOR. They used to be very accurate when there, but that's been a long time ago. All of there contacts have pretty much moved on as well, which is expected. So this is very likely 3rd or 4th hand info, which is why I was inquiring if anyone else had heard anything.

Again, this is not a source, just a rumor heard from a former source who no longer has any significant contacts at the UAA.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n98679 said:
OK I am officially predicting these sources will be proven to be full of it if we beat Vandy and SC now. Just go to 3:40 on this video and look how Foley is infatuated with Muschamp's speech in the locker room after the Georgia win.

It's amazing the psychologists we have on this board and the attempt to read micro-expressions of Jeremy Foley. :lol: I guess we should expect Jeremy to be scowling while everyone is celebrating. Yeah, that would make total sense.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OP is quite the troll, I'm getting a huge Canething vibe out of him.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n98707 said:
It's amazing the psychologists we have on this board and the attempt to read micro-expressions of Jeremy Foley. :lol: I guess we should expect Jeremy to be scowling while everyone is celebrating. Yeah, that would make total sense.

No but you can see the infatuation imo. Most AD's with a coach that is going to be fired wouldn't be present during that post game speech in the locker room. I will take bets he is retained with Vandy and SC wins as long as FSU doesn't destroy us in that final game.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Gator Fever;n98583 said:
Originally posted by alcoholica View Post
I heard that someone was fired at the UAA for speaking about Muschamp's future. Anyone hear this or find an article?

601Gator possibly?

I found that interesting enough to do some digging. I was shocked when 601 posted that Driskel had a spinal fracture, because it had not been reported anywhere, and he followed up his news with a picture of the team walking out to the practice field to verify he is close to the team. Well, I couldn't believe anyone would be so dumb as to post medical info in violation of federal health information privacy laws. And I never heard a legitimate news outlet discuss a Driskel spinal fracture.

So 601 did one of two things:
1) shared private health information in violation of federal law.
2) started a health-related rumor in violation of human decency and probably a bunch of UAA rules.

601 was so eager to prove his veracity that he posted an image of several players, including Driskel. It probably took the UAA about 3 seconds to figure out who the dipstick was. Probably got a call from a news outlet for confirmation.

Note: I can't find the original post about the fracture, but it was quoted by another poster at 1:36pm on 10/22. 601 replied with the image. He hasn't posted since 1:44pm on 10/22.

Long way of saying if 601 was an employee, it wouldn't be hard to imagine that he was relieved of his duties. He was playing fast and loose with his inside info for a while. I miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.