oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And 0 for Drinkwitz.

Original Taggart won the Sunbelt too.
My point was UF didn’t hire a losing coach.

Too bad the Chatter is almost gone. I would rub every damn win in your face this season relentlessly. You’d just disappear again likely.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
He went 40-12 at ULL.
Yep, with a bunch of roster ringers gifted to him by his former bosses at Bama and Clemson. Players stashed in the Jr. Leagues in case they are needed later to fill a roster hole. Billy-boy never gets offered the Gator job without Cy'bo and Johnson helping him dominant the Sunbelt with a vanilla offense of little consequence.

Successful coach or lucky S.O.B.? You make the call.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Billy-boy never gets offered the Gator job without Cy'bo and Johnson helping him dominant the Sunbelt
This is the problem and one that could have been seen before he was hired. He did not "dominate" anything. To your question, if you win that many one score games, it is not repeatable and you are in fact a lucky SOB. In his 2020 (10-1 season) 7 of the 11 games were one score. In 2021, 7 of the 12 non-bowl wins were by 1 score.

You can't repeat that annually, but we hired into it. In 2022, we had 7 one score games and lost 3. In 2023, and highlighting how bad last season was, we only had 2 one score games and lost them both. For all those that talk about how close were were to looking at last year as a success, those metrics are awful.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, how do you do this fancy stuff?
sorcery GIF

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
This is the problem and one that could have been seen before he was hired. He did not "dominate" anything. To your question, if you win that many one score games, it is not repeatable and you are in fact a lucky SOB. In his 2020 (10-1 season) 7 of the 11 games were one score. In 2021, 7 of the 12 non-bowl wins were by 1 score.

You can't repeat that annually, but we hired into it. In 2022, we had 7 one score games and lost 3. In 2023, and highlighting how bad last season was, we only had 2 one score games and lost them both. For all those that talk about how close were were to looking at last year as a success, those metrics are awful.

To add context to the 7 one score games/domination, In 4 years only Arky State in 2018 and 2019 had a .500 or better overall record (not divisional or conference, but those were sub .500 as well) for a team in his division. In 2021 he had 1 score games against a 3-9 Georgia Southern and a 1 point game over 2-10 Arky state. To be fair, however, he did bend a good 10-4 App State team over a barrel and showed them the 50 states 41-13 in between those thrillers (with a 2 point victory over 5-7 South Alabama and bye week in there as well). SOS matters, and going from 0 opponents in your division having .500 or better records to 4-5 bowl eligible teams in the division and a bowl eligible FSU each year definitely is something to note. I'll chalk Utah up akin to the 2020 victory over Iowa State and the 2021 loss to Texas in Sark's first game.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

If you are coaching to win by 1 score at UF with their schedule, you’re not going to be the coach for long. Dead man walking.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Not only that if you're going to put the chips on the table for someone from the "minor leagues" they need to be better than 12 losses in that scenario...Urban had what 2-3 losses in his minor league stint...that's the guy you're looking for.

And in fact that's the guy someone needs to be talking to right now....

Ohio State Football GIF

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Ox needs to understand hes fighting an uphill battle trying to change our hearts on billy. The die has been cast. He is what he is. Not likely to change.
I am personally happy with the state of the program. The shyte is comical but it allows me to be disengaged which is better for my mental well being. I can point and just laugh during the games when we inevitably shyte the bed and make boneheaded plays. I appreciate Billy giving me this gift. He has broken my give-o-fcuhs meter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.