Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It would be nice to have 1 reliable option at QB. Been 10 years since we could say that and we're not there yet.
I dont have much doubt that if Franks goes down EJ or even JJ will give us at least as much offense as last year, even if the playbook gets adjusted some.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would rather the coaches take the steps that build championship teams. But, hey, that's just me.
Remind me what championship teams Ron English has been alart of?

He was like 11-40 at Directional Michigan and got his boss fired as a DC.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I was mocking the mindset of English, bro. Thought it would be apparent.

I was following the spirit of this board (like this thread's title, for example) ... thought it would be apparent.

giphy.gif

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
It would be nice to have 1 reliable option at QB. Been 10 years since we could say that and we're not there yet.

Been 10 years since we could tell. Our OL has been pretty crappy and is the root of all our offensive woes for the last 10 years, so in my opinion, it isnt really fair to bag on the QB play as being unreliable. QB play will always be unreliable when your OL has them hurt and running all the time ... which is exactly what our QB has been for 10 years.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Been 10 years since we could tell. Our OL has been pretty crappy and is the root of all our offensive woes for the last 10 years, so in my opinion, it isnt really fair to bag on the QB play as being unreliable. QB play will always be unreliable when your OL has them hurt and running all the time ... which is exactly what our QB has been for 10 years.

The OL has been bad - BUT - our QBs have SUCKED as well.

The 2 can be mutually exclusive.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
The OL has been bad - BUT - our QBs have SUCKED as well.

The 2 can be mutually exclusive.

Of course they can be mutually exclusive but it sure is hard to say they truly do suck when they are running for their lives all the time. Of course, easy for all you internet football talking tryhards to determine and diagnosis through written prose of realities that fit your self prescribed knowledge based on observations from your couch. Yeah ... I'll give you that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course they can be mutually exclusive but it sure is hard to say they truly do suck when they are running for their lives all the time. Of course, easy for all you internet football talking tryhards to determine and diagnosis through written prose of realities that fit your self prescribed knowledge based on observations from your couch. Yeah ... I'll give you that.

Wut?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I should change the thread title to “Neteng claims all our superstar QBs since Tebow have been hindered by the OL”.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I should change the thread title to “Neteng claims all our superstar QBs since Tebow have been hindered by the OL”.

I thought it was the mo here to title the threads with sensationalistic phrases that aren't the truth? I don't think you understand that. If that is the way you want to roll though, how about ... "GatorJ Has Hurt Feelings"?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
1) Maybe poor QB play and horrible line play can occur together, thus being mutually inclusive or, at least, not being mutually exclusive.
2) I, too, believe that our QBs have borne a lot of blame for poor OL blocking.
3) Maybe one or more of the posters got out of bed on the wrong side.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1) Maybe poor QB play and horrible line play can occur together, thus being mutually inclusive or, at least, not being mutually exclusive.

Of course they can. We have a lot of BAD QBs.

But we had a couple good ones as well. Jacoby is probably the best we had. But Chump totally screwed that one up.

Brantley probably could have been good but with poor OL recruiting and a scheme not fit for his skills his confidence completely eroded.

And of course MacElstain completed effed up the Grier situation.

Every other QB was garbage. Including Driskel.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

But we had a couple good ones as well. Jacoby is probably the best we had. But Chump totally screwed that one up.

Brantley probably could have been good but with poor OL recruiting and a scheme not fit for his skills his confidence completely eroded.

Sos would have dominated the SEC w Brantley, Brissett and Grier.

DOMINATED.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Weird how the NFL has been littered with a bunch of our crappy offensive linemen over that same time period.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

You basically say the same thing I said after you provided me a dislike, facepalm or drunk reaction for saying it. Can't remember which one as it was sandwiched in with a with the other two choices of negative feedback from a couple of twatwaffles. Only a great college QB like Tebow could hide the LOS deficiencies we have had for the last 8 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.