Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Pitts can improve on the catching end, but not on the throwing end.

The improvement jump in passing after one year of Mullen-training is up in the air.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How much of that owes to our QBs difficulty making reads in the middle, though?
That developed under McSharkfvkk. He threw over the middle in HS video I've seen. I'm sure Mullinz can continue fixing it and having competent TEs will help a bunch. Our graduating group were Sunbelters.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Much improved bubble screens and dumpoffs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah...217 completions, in 13 games. Pretty impressive.
Don't mind him, 68. He is just drunk.

giphy-102.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's had his chances on the intermediate throws. SOS. Sits on the ball.
When it comes to X's and O's, you should stay on the sideline.

Mullinz has always run a sideways offense. This didn't begin with Franks.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When it comes to X's and O's, you should stay on the sideline.

Mullinz has always run a sideways offense. This didn't begin with Franks.
You're blind. Tons of intermediate opportunities. I know you're married to your narrative, but that's simply not accurate, and you know it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You're blind. Tons of intermediate opportunities. I know you're married to your narrative, but that's simply not accurate, and you know it.

We discussed this last season, but the simple fact is Franks needs to improve his completion percentage. He needs it to be well over 60% (vs. under 60%). If he gets it up to 63-66% his numbers will improve greatly (passing numbers). But again - w/ the new OL who knows what will happen? I think his running numbers blow up this year and if he can improve the completion percentage, he likely gets close to 3000 passing yards.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We discussed this last season, but the simple fact is Franks needs to improve his completion percentage. He needs it to be well over 60% (vs. under 60%). If he gets it up to 63-66% his numbers will improve greatly (passing numbers). But again - w/ the new OL who knows what will happen? I think his running numbers blow up this year and if he can improve the completion percentage, he likely gets close to 3000 passing yards.
Small wonder he struggles there. Throwing the ball downfield on timing, or off timing, requires a skill set that he's not been made privvy to prior to DM.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know the plays have designs, keys, & reads (man look right, zone look left, two high throw to flat), right? People don't just run routes and the QB throws to whomever he feels like, right?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know the plays have designs, keys, & reads (man look right, zone look left, two high throw to flat), right? People don't just run routes and the QB throws to whomever he feels like, right?
You're trying to obscure my point. He doesn't make consistently good intermediate downfield throws.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're trying to obscure my point. He doesn't make consistently good intermediate downfield throws.
He is inaccurate everywhere.

However the play calls are for short throws, and the receivers are supposed to "make plays in space" (equals make people miss). That always have been the play calling under Mullinz.

It isn't going to change anytime soon.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
he is inaccurate everywhere.

however the play calls are for short throws, and the receivers are supposed to "make plays in space" (equals make people miss). that always have been the play calling under Mullinz.
Sober up, man. We aren't pitching the ball wide on third-and-13.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sober up, man. We aren't pitching the ball wide on third-and-13.
It is exactly what we did and what we will continue doing. I guess Avatar and Fever arent the only stoners on this list.

It just looked better when Harvins ran that four yard crossing route over the middle and always took it for a first down. That was Harvins signature play. (Hint, you are at 4:27 before you see the first time he ran something downfield.)

Of course, these are just the "big plays" and still we run sideways and throw sideways. That is the playbook. Franks is going to keep on doing it because that's what the coach wants.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is exactly what we did and what we will continue doing.

It just looked better when Harvins ran that four yard crossing route over the middle and always took it for a first down. That was Harvins signature play.
You suffer from selective, agenda-based memory. Show me charts that support your botched thinking.

And not from 2006. :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator