Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Whatever slightly better QB template FF fills out, it is Mullen's $ job to mold around him the components that make him work winningly with this team, his team, Mullen's creation. FF growth towards greatness will be a welcomed surprise.

Well, a year ago many were speculating Trask had a real shot. Feleipe has scraped that off his shoe.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, because the NFL is desperate for QB's.

I have no doubt Franks will get drafted. I have doubts it will be high.

Noodle arm Christian ponder got drafted in the first round...that’s how desperate the NFL is. Franks will likely be an awful pro but unless he implodes there’s a good chance he goes first round. He’s big with a big arm...and go look at that TD throw he had against uga where he roped one right down the middle splitting defenders for a long TD. That’s a big time NFL throw. Someone will think they can get him to do that all the time

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Has anyone got a plausible description of what is Trask's master plan for his future?
And please, you-know-who, don't say assistant coach Houston Baptist.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Has anyone got a plausible description of what is Trask's master plan for his future?

If it were me, I'd be talking to Kerwin and trying to transfer.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
It's we "couldn't" care less. This is what I mean by you regressing. The old alky never would have made that common yet maddening mistake.
We could care less...... ( but not easily). Which is always implied. My wife doesn't understand that either.
Now you explain how to make sense of "the team seems to be getting untracked". Wouldn't getting off the track be bad?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
How is the OL looking in spring practice?

Any up-dates?

I hear we have greatly increased in size however, youthfulness will play a major factor especially early on.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
How is the OL looking in spring practice?

Any up-dates?

I hear we have greatly increased in size however, youthfulness will play a major factor especially early on.

They’re getting untracked. But I could care less. Bunch of pre-Madonnas. I’m sure with a little smoking mirror play calling they’ll be fine.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We could care less...... ( but not easily). Which is always implied. My wife doesn't understand that either.
Now you explain how to make sense of "the team seems to be getting untracked". Wouldn't getting off the track be bad?

Ox, you're showing AR way too much positive disregard.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They’re getting untracked. But I could care less. Bunch of pre-Madonnas. I’m sure with a little smoking mirror play calling they’ll be fine.
And the look fresh in our new alternate unis.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If it were me, I'd be talking to Kerwin and trying to transfer.
No one except a Div 3 team offrred him a spot (I cant say scholly for D3) last time he was looking for a college team, primarily bc he hadnt played since middle school. If they didnt want he bc he hadnt played in 4 years, what makes you think they now want him though he hasnt played in seven years?

Last edited:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No one except a Div 3 teamofdered him a spot (I cant say scholly foe D3) last time he was looking for a college team, primarily hc he hadnt played since middle school. If tuey didnt want he bc he hadnt played in 4 years, what makes you think they now want him though he hasnt played in seven years?

Trask is glass.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No one except a Div 3 teamofdered him a spot (I cant say scholly foe D3) last time he was looking for a college team, primarily hc he hadnt played since middle school. If tuey didnt want he bc he hadnt played in 4 years, what makes you think they now want him though he hasnt played in seven years?

Because he's been observing and learning from Franks.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

He hasn’t “done anything” - except how many of us would dream of even being on the roster, having a scholarship, running out of the tunnel, participating in meetings and practice? By all accounts he’s faithful to the program and at least contributes a decent practice arm (when healthy) & is a good teammate.

Hopefully he’s a good student and hard worker and will reap the opportunities that being a Gator player/alumnus opens in whatever field he chooses.

I can’t imagine him launching a college career at this point. Live reps are so important to a player’s development and he can’t get them.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Boy Theo, wouldn't it chap Swonkey's azz if Trask was so likeable & dedicated to the program that Mullen kept him on as a GA?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Will Sammon published an article on Chris Steele today (sub required). Here are the highlights.

1. "Steele has worked with the first team all spring."

In Mullen's time at UF, he has made players earn their spots. This means Steele is still with the ones because he has outperfomed the guys behind him. (My observation, not Sammon's)

2. “I got to give it up to Chris Steele,” Grimes said. “He comes out here, he competes with me everyday, he calls me out. Just today he had a pretty nice hit on me, he knocked the ball out. He’s going to be great, and props to him.”

3. “He’s a freshman, but he’s improving,” Gray said. “He is making steady improvements, and that’s all you can ask of a freshman. I love the progressions he is making.

4. “I like him because he came in with a great mindset and was ready to work,” Henderson said. “I’m thinking he’s going to be very good. He’s put his head down. He’s been taking notes. He’s been listening to coaching. He’s what you look for in a freshman.”

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
No one except a Div 3 team offrred him a spot (I cant say scholly for D3) last time he was looking for a college team, primarily bc he hadnt played since middle school. If they didnt want he bc he hadnt played in 4 years, what makes you think they now want him though he hasnt played in seven years?

Well, he is accurate and can wing it.

USF has access to Dual Threat QBs but how many Pro-Set? That's what Shane M. used say...HS today do not teach QBs to read a D

Kerwin loves to throw and throw deep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.