Horrific to the left side of the field.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's bad mechanics at work.
Could be a lot of things. Can’t set his feet when he turns, can’t throw across his body, doesn’t see that side of the field timely, etc. Let’s hope he gets better with a full year of experience and actual coaching under his belt.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Its more the capt obvious type.

Folks were talking about the lack of deep throws to Harvin. Harvins skillset was closer to the line of scrimmage. While Frank's has a big arm, his skillset doesnt appear to include downfield passing. I'm sure we'd go downfield more if we had a QB who excelled at it. Frank's can definitely improve at it, but it's never going to be a staple of his.

Two thing have changed:

• Franks has an ARM - BIG arm and is learning to read D

• We now have WR who can get open...DEEP

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Could be a lot of things. Can’t set his feet when he turns, can’t throw across his body, doesn’t see that side of the field timely, etc. Let’s hope he gets better with a full year of experience and actual coaching under his belt.
The things you note are mainly mechanics, but I'm not going to claim to know for sure. It's an educated guess.

@Law. About those horizontal passes ...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Harvin on that counter play was probably the quickest I've ever seen a football player move. I loved that crossing route too because no db could keep up with him after those first two steps. But that counter play was sick. He killed South Carolina with that play in that game where he went for 100 rec and 100 rushing. Harvin is in my top 5 Gators ever.

I remember SOS running a pitch counter a lot.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Weak. How about an answer versus a teenage response?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Youre well past stoned. Massive amounts of straight cocaine is the only explanation.

You think throwing the ball downfield 40 times in 13 games means it isnt a dink and dunk horizontal offense?

You said all Franks does is throw short stuff. I said thats because that is what Mullinz calls (when he calls a pass at all which is rarely).

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Youre well past stoned. Massive amounts of straight cocaine is the only explanation.

You think throwing the ball downfield 40 times in 13 games means it isnt a dink and dunk horizontal offense?
You know I love you. Now I have to point out what a dumbass you are by trying to gloss over my point by stating it's a dink and dunk offense.

There were 53 times Feleipe Franks threw 10-19 yards downfield, no doubt most of them critical to the game outcome, and save for throws up the middle he bombed.

He sucks ass on intermediate throws. What about that is so hard for you to understand?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So.... 53 intermediate ( 4 a game) and 40 downfield (3 a game). Dude, thats one or two series for SOS. It is a dink and dunk offense, always will be.

Yes, Franks was inaccurate, on everything. Ive said that. Repeatedly.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

You said all Franks does is throw short stuff. I said thats because that is what Mullinz calls (when he calls a pass at all which is rarely).

If Franks could complete a downfield pass do you not think more would be called?
When Franks overthrows a wide open receiver on an otherwise beautifully executed flea flicker most coaches* are going to be hesitant.

*Coaches not named Steve.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So.... 53 intermediate ( 4 a game) and 40 downfield (3 a game). Dude, thats one or two series for SOS. It is a dink and dunk offense, always will be.

Yes, Franks was inaccurate, on everything. Ive said that. Repeatedly.
We seldom call for that throw, it tends to happen in needy circumstances, and yet you're trying to pooh-pooh it as inconsequential.

:facepalm:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Maybe a refresher is needed to remind some of the FF haters what kind of throws he made......most of these really tight window throws were on 3rd down and at critical times during these games......enjoy a small preview of next season......

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who has said inconsequential?

I said he throws dink and dunk bc the coach calls dink and dunk. How confusing is that?

Show me some place that I called Franks anything but inaccurate. At everything.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe a refresher is needed to remind some of the FF haters what kind of throws he made......most of these really tight window throws were on 3rd down and at critical times during these games......enjoy a small preview of next season......

Can we show him completing 36% of his passes under pressure?

Defenses are going to be watching a lot of film from last year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Can we show him completing 36% of his passes under pressure?

Defenses are going to be watching a lot of film from last year.
You didn't even have time to watch the video.....Barnboy...... and it didn't show .25% of the tight window drive saving passes he made last year......

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You didn't even have time to watch the video.....Barnboy...... and it didn't show .25% of the tight window drive saving passes he made last year......
Why the eff would I need to watch the video? I already saw every play last season.

He made some great plays last year. He made even more bad plays last year. This isn't hate, just reality. I simply think you need to lower your expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.