Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Why the eff would I need to watch the video, I already saw every play last season. He made some great plays last year. He made even more bad plays last year. This isn't hate, just reality. I simply think you need to lower your expectations.
No you need to not cover your eyes because we don't have a 28 point lead in the 1st quarter and not switch over to Barn games or Urchin games....ooops….this season. Mullen was just bringing FF on too slowly....he's liable to have a 40/20 season this year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No you need to not cover your eyes because we don't have a 28 point lead in the 1st quarter and not switch over to Barn games or Urchin games....ooops….this season. Mullen was just bringing FF on too slowly....he's liable to have a 40/20 season this year.
And I'll be pulling for the Gators to have just as big of a season as you, asshat.

Keep up the Barn/OSU crap and I'll send you on a vacation. You desperately need a break.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His improved numbers are mainly the result of Mullen reigning him in and improving his awareness. He made some improvement on his throws as the season went on. Mainly what he did was get better as a leader.

He gets a lot of credit for his improvement over the last three games without acknowledgement that it was:

1) Flipping Idaho
2) A terrible FSU team
3) Michigan without six of its starters on defense

I like Franks, realize his tangibles and obviously want him to do well. I'm far from convinced at this point.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why because I understand the uncapped powder keg of talent FF has? I heard from a source that when his statue is erected he wants it to have him with his beard.....just to piss off the haters....
My expectations for Franks are low - I do not expect him to be starting by the end of the season.

If I'm wrong, so be it. I just want to win games. If Franks is lighting it up, no one is going to be behind him more than me.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
His improved numbers are mainly the result of Mullen reigning him in and improving his awareness. He made some improvement on his throws as the season went on. Mainly what he did was get better as a leader.

He gets a lot of credit for his improvement over the last three games without acknowledgement that it was:

1) Flipping Idaho
2) A terrible FSU team
3) Michigan without six of its starters on defense

I like Franks, realize his tangibles and obviously want him to do well. I'm far from convinced at this point.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
My expectations for Franks are low - I do not expect him to be starting by the end of the season.

If I'm wrong, so be it. I just want to win games. If Franks is lighting it up, no one is going to be behind him more than me.
Then root for the kid forgodsakes….he has all the physical tools in the world and now has a coach who will at least give him a chance to shine.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is. We all are. This is just sports bar banter.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I do not expect him to be starting by the end of the season.
So my source is telling me Jones actually lost weight and is legitimately about 156#, his hands are too small and he's still fumbles every 3rd or 4th snap.....but he doesn't have a beard....

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I bet y'all look when at the urinal? Geez, I'm impressed with the knowledge but it's why they play the game.

FF is much better and it seems he is doing more this Spring.

For me, they are easier to watch...not there yet but on the way.

Mullen has done wonders BUT a dual threat QB is in our future...Is it EJ? Only time will tell

If you want Fun and Gun you may need to watch USF.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So my source is telling me Jones actually lost weight and is legitimately about 156#, his hands are too small and he's still fumbles every 3rd or 4th snap.....but he doesn't have a beard....
So it's okay for you to hate on Emory?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I bet y'all look when at the urinal? Geez, I'm impressed with the knowledge but it's why they play the game.

Mullen has done wonders BUT a dual threat QB is in our future...Is it EJ? Only time will tell

We're easier to watch because Mullen is an excellent playcaller and he's utilizing his talent to its fullest.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

If you wanna peek, just send a PM. I’ll hook you up.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thou shalt not intimidate hope.

I'm sorry, but doesn't this seem like insistent projection of failure?
Have so many ever so rejected a Gator QB who guided us to a 10-3 season, with a bowl win as an underdog? All with just one year under the Mullen-Johnson training? Bet he gets more training to apply to this season. (But so what guys, we've got the much better Emory Jones to take over?)

For FF bet that training ups his completion % --- ups everything: # of successful long drives, ups # of TD passes, ups # of runs for 1st downs, etc. If not, you guys can move from pre-gloating to post-gloating on your "he's a hopeless unteachable QB", Of course, nice surprises can be something to look forward too.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Maybe a refresher is needed to remind some of the FF haters what kind of throws he made......most of these really tight window throws were on 3rd down and at critical times during these games......enjoy a small preview of next season......

Gotta admit, Franks did some nice things last year. Mullen did miracles with him in comparison. If the guy can clean up his weaknesses he could be good. I just don't know if he has it in him or not. I think EJ is much better suited for this offense but since Franks is likely gonna start, I am pulling for him big time. Just win baby!

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Two thing have changed:

• Franks has an ARM - BIG arm and is learning to read D

• We now have WR who can get open...DEEP
Nothing has changed. Frank's has always had a big arm, and we have always had wrs who can get open deep. We can hope the game continues to slow for him, and that he becomes better at pre and post snap reads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.