Spring Practice thread: Report: OT Noah Banks has been cleared to play

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I shout idiot every time I hear the name Driskel.

Somehow, I'm picturing this like the cheerleaders and the "Orange" "Blue" cheering they get the stadium to do, except it's "Driskel" "Idiot".

21-16.jpg

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
You guys think I'm dumb. Well, I am....but not THAT dumb.

I know damn well Franks will start the season. I will be behind him 100%, despite my annoyances with him. I do think he's going to have a tougher sled than some of you seem to think. He had a lot of problems last year, and defenses are going to be more prepared. We'll see what happens. I think it's safe to say Emory will get regular playing time, so it could be fun mixing it up with two QB's.

I was thinking about Franks today. I was wondering why his "shushing" thing bothered me so much. The conclusion I came to was that it was a particular punch to the gut after what UF fans have been through for the past decade. Let's face it, the Muschamp and Butters eras weren't just bad; they were embarrassing, cringe-worthy football. Gator fans were forced to shove their noses into piles of dung and try and convince everyone that it smelled like roses. No matter how bad it got, Gator fans kept showing up, supporting the team. None of us missed a single minute of that garbage football. Bull Gators kept donating away for some reason. Foley refused to fire the Chimp and when even he decided it couldn't go on, he replaced him with the biggest mouthbreathing idiot that has ever graced a sideline, and told Gator fans to suck it up.

We had to listen to jackasses all over the country claim that Gator fans were spoiled, that nobody took "winning" as hard as Gator fans. We had to listen to people claim that no coach wanted to come here because of the fans, that Spurrier quit because of the fans, that Meyer bailed out because of the fans, that John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Gator fans on the grassy knoll.

It's always the fans. We suck. We have no business even living. We should just shut up and enjoy Chimp & Butters football. We won the east, how could you possibly complain?

After TEN YEARS of this crap, us Gator fans were fed up. We were on edge. We weren't giving anyone a break because we were so used to disappointment. This was what Jeremy Foley had turned the fan base into.

So when Franks, who had been horrific for most of his playing career, had the gall to tell those fans in the stands to shut up, it really bothered me. Those fans had been there through thick and thin, through All Kinds of Weather, to be more exact. Those fans had been dragged through some of the worst football anyone had ever seen, and kept showing up. Those fans keep giving money to an athletic department who had really let them down and taken them for granted. You are going to tell THOSE FANS to shut up? We were used to hearing it from our rivals, now we have to hear it from our OWN players in our OWN friggin' stadium?

It bugged me. It still bugs me. I'm tired of the false perception of Gator fans, because it's unfair. It's unfair to those who would never miss a single snap of Gator football.
This is one of the best posts I've seen here on Gatorchatter. Thanks ox, good stuff.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Duke Lemmens on line 1.

Karl Moore on line 2.

Ronald Powell on line 3.

Josh Shaw on line 4.
Neither Lemmens nor Shaw were 5*s, though Shaw at least is still in the league as opposed to the others. Powell just couldn't stay healthy (he's currently on the Orlando AAF team's IR list) and was not exactly a model citizen. Moore I will concede was a bust. He had character issues as well, or at the very least some bad associations (see Hernandez, Oscar).

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016

I know damn well Franks will start the season. I will be behind him 100%, despite my annoyances with him. I do think he's going to have a tougher sled than some of you seem to think. He had a lot of problems last year, and defenses are going to be more prepared. We'll see what happens. I think it's safe to say Emory will get regular playing time, so it could be fun mixing it up with two QB's.

I was thinking about Franks today. I was wondering why his "shushing" thing bothered me so much. The conclusion I came to was that it was a particular punch to the gut after what UF fans have been through for the past decade. Let's face it, the Muschamp and Butters eras weren't just bad; they were embarrassing, cringe-worthy football. Gator fans were forced to shove their noses into piles of dung and try and convince everyone that it smelled like roses. No matter how bad it got, Gator fans kept showing up, supporting the team. None of us missed a single minute of that garbage football. Bull Gators kept donating away for some reason. Foley refused to fire the Chimp and when even he decided it couldn't go on, he replaced him with the biggest mouthbreathing idiot that has ever graced a sideline, and told Gator fans to suck it up.

We had to listen to jackasses all over the country claim that Gator fans were spoiled, that nobody took "winning" as hard as Gator fans. We had to listen to people claim that no coach wanted to come here because of the fans, that Spurrier quit because of the fans, that Meyer bailed out because of the fans, that John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Gator fans on the grassy knoll.

It's always the fans. We suck. We have no business even living. We should just shut up and enjoy Chimp & Butters football. We won the east, how could you possibly complain?

After TEN YEARS of this crap, us Gator fans were fed up. We were on edge. We weren't giving anyone a break because we were so used to disappointment. This was what Jeremy Foley had turned the fan base into.

So when Franks, who had been horrific for most of his playing career, had the gall to tell those fans in the stands to shut up, it really bothered me. Those fans had been there through thick and thin, through All Kinds of Weather, to be more exact. Those fans had been dragged through some of the worst football anyone had ever seen, and kept showing up. Those fans keep giving money to an athletic department who had really let them down and taken them for granted. You are going to tell THOSE FANS to shut up? We were used to hearing it from our rivals, now we have to hear it from our OWN players in our OWN friggin' stadium?

It bugged me. It still bugs me. I'm tired of the false perception of Gator fans, because it's unfair. It's unfair to those who would never miss a single snap of Gator football.
This is the best post ever! Thank you

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Good God quit your sniveling....besides you probably watched more Buckeye and Barn games over the last 6 or 7 years than anyone should.....:facepalm:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like someone should revisit that Boo thread we had a few years back, where everyone was talking about booing everyone for anything they didnt like.

There was one post where someone said they were in Starbucks and booed a barista when the coffee wasn't hot enough or something. I shot coke out my nose laughing at that one :lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna cheer for whomever plays QB. Whether it is Franks or EJ or Trask. Franks gets a lot of hate but two years of SEC experience is something that can't be taught. I think he'll get the nod but I will be cheering regardless of the name on the back of the jersey.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like someone should revisit that Boo thread we had a few years back, where everyone was talking about booing everyone for anything they didnt like.

There was one post where someone said they were in Starbucks and booed a barista when the coffee wasn't hot enough or something. I shot coke out my nose laughing at that one :lol:
i boo anyone stupid enough to go in a starbucks.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Hilarious!

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I'm gonna cheer for whomever plays QB. Whether it is Franks or EJ or Trask. Franks gets a lot of hate but two years of SEC experience is something that can't be taught. I think he'll get the nod but I will be cheering regardless of the name on the back of the jersey.

1.5 seasons of experience is exactly the type of thing that can be taught, especially if Mullen thinks Franks can't get the job done ever (i.e. SEC/National Championships), but he believe EJ eventually might. He could start EJ now and begin the teaching of exactly that experience.

Tebow's will, Frank's arm, Percy's everything (except the "migraines"), RFN's instincts, those can't be taught.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Terry Silver from Karate Kid III

img_0693.jpg

Too soon for a look alike post?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users