Stallings slams Muschamp

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Saying what so many ahve said about Muschamp's antics

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Stallings-Will-Muschamp-really-hurt-Auburn--41674784

Former Alabama coach Gene Stallings said Will Muschamp “really hurt” Auburn when he lost his cool during the Iron Bowl.

“There’s a big difference being up six points and being up nine points,” Stallings told WNSP's Mark Heim. “I hope the coach who was responsible for that (knows) he really hurt his team getting that 15-yard penalty. ...

“My job was to coach the team, not to hurt the team,” Stallings said. “Getting a 15-yard penalty against Alabama for Auburn really hurt.”

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He went WAY over the top at that time in the game. The funny thing is the players don't respond to it by getting fired up. I think he's used this many times trying to get his team to play mad or something but I don't recall it having much success.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I bet T Rob sure is proud of his mentor. It's a shock when Muschamp doesn't embarrass himself on a fall Saturday.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
He's gonna bust a blood vessel in his head one of these times. I really don't know why anyone would want him to represent their university let alone their football program.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is today a day where we are allowed to make fun of a player, coach, faculty member, or person at any other relation?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Will Muschamp, by definition, is an embarrassment. His sideline behavior simply shows the world who he really is. Too bad Foley didn't pick up on that before he hired the idiot.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Is today a day where we are allowed to make fun of a player, coach, faculty member, or person at any other relation?

I dont know...I would be real careful especially if you have any prior arrests or your on probation....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Couldn't he have waited to say this until AFTER USCe hired him? :facepalm:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Don't you start this again! That's my job!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Couldn't he have waited to say this until AFTER USCe hired him? :facepalm:

LL

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stallings talking about another coach hurting their program is a little funny. He is right, but it's kind of the pot calling the kettle black.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stallings talking about another coach hurting their program is a little funny. He is right, but it's kind of the pot calling the kettle black.

Why do you say that? Stallings was a fine HBC for Bama and a gentleman.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I also think the SEC refs are just plain tired of him constantly yelling at him. I think his demeanor and reputation hurts him anyways and does not earn him any sympathy for him. Don't think he will get many calls in his favor while he continues to do this. This is why he shouldn't ever be considered for a HC gig. He needs someone there to babysit him and make sure he doesn't screw them.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when the majority of you all loved his "Fire" and "Boom"? LoL Good times.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when the majority of you all loved his "Fire" and "Boom"? LoL Good times.
I always hated that crap... you cant be a raving lunatic when you are the guy in charge. Having a couple of those below you can at times be helpful, but only if you can manage them and point their passion in a positive direction. But as the HC of a major college program, you are the CEO... and Ive never met a successful CEO or leader of anything that behaved that way. Good decisions are never born out of crazed emotion and the inability to control ones self. The guy has zero self control and no ability to stay cool and decisive under pressure; he's the absolute antithesis of a leader.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I always hated that crap... you cant be a raving lunatic when you are the guy in charge. Having a couple of those below you can at times be helpful, but only if you can manage them and point their passion in a positive direction. But as the HC of a major college program, you are the CEO... and Ive never met a successful CEO or leader of anything that behaved that way. Good decisions are never born out of crazed emotion and the inability to control ones self. The guy has zero self control and no ability to stay cool and decisive under pressure; he's the absolute antithesis of a leader.

:whistle:

kh33hnvr5iysjpqxpqnh.gif

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why do you say that? Stallings was a fine HBC for Bama and a gentleman.

Agreed. I've had the pleasure of personally meeting him, and his family, on several occasions when they visited church on their vacations in my area. He was very cordial, polite & humble. His choice in job locations is another topic.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator