Standard Manning Playoff Game Choke - Fox finally fired

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n149044 said:
Why is Gator Nation so obsessed with Peyton Manning? I blame Alvin and his constant attempts to keep the loser in our heads. Let it go people, let it go...

[video=youtube;L0MK7qz13bU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU[/video]
You would think Manning beat the Gators 4 years running in the MNC game like Nebraska did with Frazier, for all the vitriol spewed his way. Dork wins.:lol:

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n149074 said:
You would think Manning beat the Gators 4 years running in the MNC game like Nebraska did with Frazier, for all the vitriol spewed his way. Dork wins.:lol:

F Peyton Manning and all his stupid TV commercials too.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n149074 said:
What exactly is untrue about what has been said here? The guy's face has been plastered all over every sports website and every NFL pregame since he's broken into the league. He's treated like the son of God and the Mannings are viewed as some sort of Holy Trinity of football. If the guy had the media profile of Brady or Rodgers no one would care. But the fact is he's in our face constantly and they've made him the face of the NFL. For what reason, it's hard to explain. You could probably name 10 QBs that were/are as good or better who played alongside him in the league, yet he's been shoved down our throats for the last 16 years. Yeah, we're all a little sick of him and his phony act, along with all the fawning by the media.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n149090 said:
What exactly is untrue about what has been said here? The guy's face has been plastered all over every sports website and every NFL pregame since he's broken into the league. He's treated like the son of God and the Mannings are viewed as some sort of Holy Trinity of football. If the guy had the media profile of Brady or Rodgers no one would care. But the fact is he's in our face constantly and they've made him the face of the NFL. For what reason, it's hard to explain. You could probably name 10 QBs that were/are as good or better who played alongside him in the league, yet he's been shoved down our throats for the last 16 years. Yeah, we're all a little sick of him and his phony act, along with all the fawning by the media.

Where the L stands for Loser

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Damn....serious 'splaining...eff the Mannings, all of them. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You could probably name 10 QBs that were/are as good or better who played alongside him in the league, yet he's been shoved down our throats for the last 16 years.
Yeah, that's just the last 16 years of the NFL. Before that we had to deal with it for 4 years of college.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just in.....John Fox fired from Denver Broncos. They fired the wrong guy man....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The worst thing about the Fox firing (which is a great move by Denver) is that other NFL teams will kill themselves trying to hire his worthless, too-conservative ass. Only God knows why it's the way it is in the NFL. I was thrilled to see awful coach Rex Ryan finally bagged, only to see that idiot get another job immediately. It's beyond belief. Couldn't the Bills have just promoted Jim Schwartz and had the same freaking guy? Stupid and maddening.

"He sucked for them, but he'll be great for us!" should be the official NFL motto.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n149281 said:
The worst thing about the Fox firing (which is a great move by Denver) is that other NFL teams will kill themselves trying to hire his worthless, too-conservative ass. Only God knows why it's the way it is in the NFL. I was thrilled to see awful coach Rex Ryan finally bagged, only to see that idiot get another job immediately. It's beyond belief. Couldn't the Bills have just promoted Jim Schwartz and had the same freaking guy? Stupid and maddening.

"He sucked for them, but he'll be great for us!" should be the official NFL motto.

One of the things I hate most about the NFL and like you said it leads to the conservative mindset. It seems like every team wants to be just like every other team but just slightly better.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Gator87;n148815 said:
Phil Simms was slobbing Peyton's knob at the end of the game. When is somebody going to tell the truth about this guy and call him what he is, one of the biggest, if not the biggest loser in the history of the NFL (and College Fooball)
I don't know what happened to Simms in recent years. He is an ass kisser now big time.

Running Tebow out of Denver is the only reason I was happy to see Denver lose again. I do wish Tim stayed there as a backup the past 3 seasons. Oh well it's over.

Elway has egg on his face. Peyton should just retire and leave healthy. I have no ill feelings for him although he is over exposed off the field and never was clutch. But it is what it is. he is done. Now he needs to walk away.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Anybody think Peyton feels responsible for getting his coach fired? Had he been able to complete a few forward passes and win that game Fox is still the coach. His firing is a direct result of Peyton's choke job.

Dec 10, 2014
The insult to injury is that any of the remaining playoff quarterbacks winning a super bowl will catapult them in front of Manning legacy-wise. Brady is already there obviously. Any of those guys getting a super bowl really moves Manning down the list. I think Rodgers winning would really, really hurt.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n150045 said:
The insult to injury is that any of the remaining playoff quarterbacks winning a super bowl will catapult them in front of Manning legacy-wise. Brady is already there obviously. Any of those guys getting a super bowl really moves Manning down the list. I think Rodgers winning would really, really hurt.
Hell, Manning doesn't even have the most rings in his immediate family!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n150045 said:

Luck winning would be the ultimate insult to injury. The guy that they were willing to let you go for, wins after taking you out. Priceless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator