Status and Trajectory of the Program

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You feel the same way whether we are 4-8 or 10-2. Try and stay out of these discussions, they are for people that are actually interested in accomplishing goals. I can start a "participation trophy" thread for you if you'd like. You can even talk about the 0-10-1 good 'ol days.

By the way, Mullen the "QB whisperer"? If Franks doesn't get hurt Trask hasn't taken a single snap and UF is an unranked team right now.
Hall of Fame.

And Corch doesnt understand why.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Still baffled how it took Franks getting hurt and almost 2 years to figure out Trask is the best QB on the team... I know Trask was supposed to start last season before he got hurt but, it took Franks SUCKING vs. Missouri for him to even get a look...
In fairness, I’ve always believed the coaches read this site specifically. You can blame @Swamp Donkey for skewing the eval.

Atlgator98

Nov 2, 2019
You can look at stats, and skew them a million ways to fit the narrative in your head. Or you can use the optics test, to get a feel for who can or cannot build a championship program. Both have merit.

I was at Florida in the mid to late 90s. No one remembers this, but Billy D took a lot of the same heat that Mullen is taking. Especially after 2000. Don’t believe me, look it up. I was a Rowdy Reptile before they existed. Perception on Billy...not an elite recruiter, couldn’t develop talent, not a great in-game coach. But never did Billy not look like the guy who could build the program and make it a consistent powerhouse.

The last 2 football coaches never had a look like they could build a Lego castle let alone a program. Mullen does.

Recruiting is the biggest barometer of success for a HBC. If he doesn’t become elite, we likely won’t win a title and he’ll be gone in a few years. But give the guy some time to overcome the still lingering stench of the dumpster fire he inherited. I love what I’m seeing, despite the debacle last weekend. Trajectory points north. He deserves the benefit of the doubt...for now.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@Swamp Donkey you must be miserable human. Why are you even a Florida fan? Spare yourself the health risk.

But to your credit, I actually am stoned right now

I’m not sure what gave you that impression, but you must have just caught an off post of his or maybe misinterpreted what he was saying.

He’s usually a terrific guy. Super positive.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The last 2 football coaches never had a look like they could build a Lego castle let alone a program. Mullen does.

Cousin Eddy looks like a deer in headlights, a la Drisktard, when he’s actually facing a decent opponent that knows how to call a game. It’s the same in every loss.

Atlgator98

Nov 2, 2019
Cousin Eddy looks like a deer in headlights, a la Drisktard, when he’s actually facing a decent opponent that knows how to call a game. It’s the same in every loss.
You could be right. He’s definitely made some questionable calls. He’s also made some genius ones. In one breath we say he’s a deer in headlights, another breath we say he’s severely out-talented. Maybe he’s taking some game day risks to overcome the inferior talent. Lots of contradictory thoughts on this board. But based on the overall season and a half, I’m pretty damn proud of what I’ve seen. There will be warts for a while.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’m not sure what gave you that impression, but you must have just caught an off post of his or maybe misinterpreted what he was saying.

He’s usually a terrific guy. Super positive.
He’s having a rough week because he takes the Georgia game seriously. He will be back to his optimistic outlook soon. Can’t keep @Swamp Donkey down long!

But word of caution, that @Jbossgator8 guy is a serial dumper. Can’t get a positive word out of the guy.

Atlgator98

Nov 2, 2019
He’s having a rough week because he takes the Georgia game seriously. He will be back to his optimistic outlook soon. Can’t keep @Swamp Donkey down long!

But word of caution, that @Jbossgator8 guy is a serial dumper. Can’t get a positive word out of the guy.
I live in Atlanta. Seven houses on my street. I look at 5 ugly flags every day and 1 Indiana flag (IU guy is my bff). I had to mow my lawn on Sun and deal with those jerk-offs. No one wanted to beat Georgia more than me. But, perspective man. $hit is headed upwards.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I live in Atlanta. Seven houses on my street. I look at 5 ugly flags every day and 1 Indiana flag (IU guy is my bff). I had to mow my lawn on Sun and deal with those jerk-offs. No one wanted to beat Georgia more than me. But, perspective man. $hit is headed upwards.
No man has a BFF.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with most that the recruiting and facilities must improve and at the end of the day that is what is a huge deal breaker for some if not all of these kids. I see an slight upward path. Damn sure not as fast as my impatient self would like but none the less, the needle is moving. Really just too much shyt from Fooley and the last two asshats we hired. But if you'd asked me before the kickoff against Miamuh that we'd be 7-2 ranked #10 in the CFB Playoff rankings, no doubt I would have taken it. Again, not as fast as I would like but with the landscape of CFB, I don't think we'd done better with any other option at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator