Status and Trajectory of the Program

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Damn sure not as fast as my impatient self would like but none the less, the needle is moving.
No doubt. And when we've got long white beards with 2 or 3 marbles rolling around upstairs we'll be at the point we may actually threaten for an SEC title. Threatening to win a national title will have to wait for future generations.

In 2090 my 74 year old grandson will be celebrating UF's national title and saying through tears, "I wish Pop-Pop were around to enjoy this."

Of course, Gator football will be played with no pads and flags by then.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Still baffled how it took Franks getting hurt and almost 2 years to figure out Trask is the best QB on the team... I know Trask was supposed to start last season before he got hurt but, it took Franks SUCKING vs. Missouri for him to even get a look...
Many of us have wondered the same thing. Sure, Franks could throw it 70 yards but he was not any kind of a game manager. I used to dread watching games he was QB'ing because of the myriad of mistakes he made, each game. Trask is much easier to watch. That sack and all.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We lost to Kentucky and Missouri last year in addition to Georgia. This year we've lost to 2 Top 10 teams.
Georgia was a hell of a lot better team last year, and we played them a hell of a lot better than this year. This year they are garbage regardless of the ranking, and we played and coached like absolute dogsht, regardless of ours. Kentucky last year ended up being a very good team, finished with 10 wins and ranked #12.

We're the same as we were. Not saying what we are is bad, just saying its not enough to compete with the big boys and win. Improvement is needed if we want to take the next step.

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting and facilities because recruiting and facilities. But if recruiting and facilities we will recruiting and facilities. Which doesn't discount recruiting and facilities in the event of recruiting and facilities. In the grand scheme of recruiting and facilities don't ever forget that recruiting and facilities will recruiting and facilities for a long time to come. So in my recruiting and facilities we are on the recruiting and facilities trajectory toward some kind of recruiting and facilities that can only lead to recruiting and facilities. Which will make everyone happier than pigs in recruiting and facilities.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Or you can use the optics test, to get a feel for who can or cannot build a championship program
yeah, i have. there is nothing meyer, dabo, urban, saban, or spurrieresque about ol Dan. You can decide there is championship pedigree in his demeanor and actions, those who disagree will ask you to point us to that stacked trophy case. Can he become that? Sure, i suppose. Hell, my uncle can become my aunt with a simple procedure, but that isn't the point. IS he becoming that? That is the question... hows crootin doin? hows the staff? hows the in-game coaching and decision making? Is it all improving giving us an indication that he is becoming that? Nope, it isnt. None of that stuff is improving. It's the same since he's been here.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shane Matthews has been saying on Gainesville radio for years that until the facilities are upgraded and on par with other elite programs, we will continue to miss out on getting a lot of big time recruits. And even though UF had a Top 10 recruiting class on NSD, that means nothing unless the guys are on the roster in the fall. When they re-calculated our class after the transfers and non-qualifiers, we ended up #17. That's not gonna cut it in the SEC.

Remember Butters last class was top 10... where did that get him?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hell, my uncle can become my aunt with a simple procedure, but that isn't the point.

I wasn’t supposed to say anything, but don’t feel comfortable leaving you in the dark. That already happened. The surgery was weeks ago. It’s officially “Theresa” now. But don’t worry, things are fine between them, and your aunt(the original) has fully embraced the whole lesbian thing. Got 6 extra piercings up her ear and bought a new Honda Ridgeline just yesterday. I told her to go CPO but was not hearing it from me. You know how it is.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just as a question, when I was saying Mullen would be our Richt good but not great.... people got their panties all bunched up... now that looks to be true, because the same people who were telling me well it's MSU are seeing the same thing.....
I wasn’t supposed to say anything, but don’t feel comfortable leaving you in the dark. That already happened. The surgery was weeks ago. It’s officially “Theresa” now. But don’t worry, things are fine between them, and your aunt(the original) has fully embraced the whole lesbian thing. Got 6 extra piercings up her ear and bought a new Honda Ridgeline just yesterday. I told her to go CPO but was not hearing it from me. You know how it is.

The worst part like all angry lesbians they became Eagles fan like Sofla.

Last edited:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia was a hell of a lot better team last year, and we played them a hell of a lot better than this year. This year they are garbage regardless of the ranking, and we played and coached like absolute dogsht, regardless of ours. Kentucky last year ended up being a very good team, finished with 10 wins and ranked #12.

We're the same as we were. Not saying what we are is bad, just saying its not enough to compete with the big boys and win. Improvement is needed if we want to take the next step.
This post makes the most sense.

Considering the losses on the offensive and defensive line, I’m ok with being at the same level as last year, which was better than projected. I was expecting we’d take a step back this year. So I’m happy with both years and Dan.

All being said, this recruiting class is most critical to his future.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I think ox mentioned this earlier....what is the status/trajectory of the team if Franks doesn't get injured? I'm pretty sure we're toting at least two more losses right now. Maybe 3.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This post makes the most sense.

Considering the losses on the offensive and defensive line, I’m ok with being at the same level as last year, which was better than projected. I was expecting we’d take a step back this year. So I’m happy with both years and Dan.

All being said, this recruiting class is most critical to his future.

Will you be ok when we take another step back next year? Cause we're losing a lot of important players.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’d like to buy a vowel

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

This just ain’t true. The Dwags defense is tops in the conference. Their run game is also tops. Almost universally considered the best OL in the country. They lost a lot in the passing game with the WRs and TE that went pro. They did get their top WR back in time to play us.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I live in Atlanta. Seven houses on my street. I look at 5 ugly flags every day and 1 Indiana flag (IU guy is my bff). I had to mow my lawn on Sun and deal with those jerk-offs. No one wanted to beat Georgia more than me. But, perspective man. $hit is headed upwards.
In the northern suburbs and I feel your pain. My subdivision sounds a lot bigger though and we have a lot more college diversity, but it's more dwags than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator