Stricklin offers 2-for-1 with UCF; UCF AD says they "deserve better"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In fact, not sure why anyone is even getting worked up by it.
How about because these asshats literally declared themselves national champs last year, and have only gotten even more arrogant since?

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Texas backed out of next year's game to play them I think. I also think we do have way more to lose than gain so I think Strick is FOS on that one. If you watched Milton play even one game you would have seen a pretty damn good QB that when hot could beat any team on any given day. I'm not saying they go undefeated in the SEC or anything but that kid was special. I really hated seeing him go down like that.
LOL, if they played their best game every single time, they'd still get b*tch slapped by the likes of bama and clempson 100x out of 100. They'd go 4-4 in the SEC, at best.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
How about because these asshats literally declared themselves national champs last year, and have only gotten even more arrogant since?

Couple things...I thought it was hilarious last year with Bama. And second...who cares?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bowden had the same issue back in the late '70s. Instead of crying about it, he took his team to places like Lincoln and Norman on a regular basis -- and he won. Problem solved. Crying over it will get you nowhere.

Hardly worth posting, but Bowden had nothing to do with that. Clay Stapleton scheduled those toughies before Bowden was at FSU.

Nulls were close to dropping football because of Larry Jones followed by Daryl “press box coach” Mudra and almost bankrupt due to averaging 18,000 or less for about 6 years in a row and being an independent. Clay scheduled those games strictly for the paydays to try to save the program.....they struck gold with Bowden and we got the equivalent of the death penalty with Pell after the Dickey fiasco. ....lucky bastids....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hardly worth posting, but Bowden had nothing to do with that. Clay Stapleton scheduled those toughies before Bowden was at FSU.

Nulls were close to dropping football because of Larry Jones followed by Daryl “press box coach” Mudra and almost bankrupt due to averaging 18,000 or less for about 6 years in a row and being an independent. Clay scheduled those games strictly for the paydays to try to save the program.....they struck gold with Bowden and we got the equivalent of the death penalty with Pell after the Dickey fiasco. ....lucky bastids....
Good for you. Did not know that, although it makes sense with his being AD from 1971-73. Lucky them. BB recruited, organized and capitalized on some killer schedules that drew national attention. It literally put FSU on the map.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good for you. Did not know that, although it makes sense with his being AD from 1971-73. Lucky them. BB recruited, organized and capitalized on some killer schedules that drew national attention. It literally put FSU on the map.

You would be shocked at the coaches Bill Peterson had in the sixties that went on to be head coaches....Don James, Bowden, and Bill Parcells just to name a few....prolly 6 more....Bowden saved the program though for sure

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You would be shocked at the coaches Bill Peterson had in the sixties that went on to be head coaches....Don James, Bowden, and Bill Parcells just to name a few....prolly 6 more....Bowden saved the program though for sure
We had a long winning streak against them when I set foot on campus. No one respected them. It was a gimme. Girls school. Then we lost to them in '76, Bowden's first year, and it raised a lot of eyebrows.

Come to think of it, Clay Stapleton is an azzhole for allowing BB that chance to shine.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
FSU v. Miami in the eighties made the SOW.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I would have loved to see them get a spot in the playoff at #4. Bama would have broken them in half and foiled their back to back championships.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Something else, when they won there 1st game against us, Peterson's kicker, Les Murdock who made the winning field goal was ineligible. No one would change the loss. It was the the infamous "Never f$u Never" game.

The real point is we financed their program by playing them with no benefit to us. We don't need to do the same with UCF.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FSU v. Miami in the eighties made the SOW.
Lol, this is rapidly becoming the FSU Life Story, which will probably annoy a few people. The point I wanted to make was that FSU was thoroughly ignored before Bowden arrived. He made people immediately take notice.

The recruiting vacuum created by the NCAA sanctions on UF over Pell directly benefited both FSU and UM. The two schools were on the rise as it was, FSU led by Bowden, UM by Schnellenberger and then Jimmy Johnson.

The recruiting deficits caused by the sanctions on UF only made it worse. FSU-UM developed into a tremendous rivalry in the '80s, which further cemented FSU as a national power.

Thank God our savior, Steve Spurrier, arrived on the scene in 1990 to stop the bleeding. You cannot emphasize enough what he did to restore UF to prominence.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Lol, this is rapidly becoming the FSU Life Story, which will probably annoy a few people. The point I wanted to make was that FSU was thoroughly ignored before Bowden arrived. He made people immediately take notice.

The recruiting vacuum created by the NCAA sanctions on UF over Pell directly benefited both FSU and UM. The two schools were on the rise as it was, FSU led by Bowden, UM by Schnellenberger and then Jimmy Johnson.

The recruiting deficits caused by the sanctions on UF only made it worse. FSU-UM developed into a tremendous rivalry in the '80s, which further cemented FSU as a national power.

Thank God our savior, Steve Spurrier, arrived on the scene in 1990 to stop the bleeding. You cannot emphasize enough what he did to restore UF to prominence.
I understand but these confluence of events were capped by the hyped mid 80’s games. Half the state, or more, hated UM and by default pulled for FSU. A whole generation grew up watching these “big” games.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I understand but these confluence of events were capped by the hyped mid 80’s games. Half the state, or more, hated UM and by default pulled for FSU. A whole generation grew up watching these “big” games.
Excellent point. It matters how old you are and when you really began to dial into college football in the state of Florida. I'm obviously older than you.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Something else, when they won there 1st game against us, Peterson's kicker, Les Murdock who made the winning field goal was ineligible. No one would change the loss. It was the the infamous "Never f$u Never" game.

The real point is we financed their program by playing them with no benefit to us. We don't need to do the same with UCF.

I was there with a bunch of Chipola/Nole buddies....they had a killer defense with my first cousin playing MLB, Dick Hermann from Marianna who later played with the Raiders. Magnificent Seven they called themselves......stayed at a Nole buds place....good thing we had plenty of I.W. Harper to dull the senses....

Never heard of Murdock or eligibility issues....Damn, I still hate their fcking guts after all these years

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016

One other thing, many people and athletes gave up on UF because of all the talent Doug Dickey wasted in the 70's.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I was there with a bunch of Chipola/Nole buddies....they had a killer defense with my first cousin playing MLB, Dick Hermann from Marianna who later played with the Raiders. Magnificent Seven they called themselves......stayed at a Nole buds place....good thing we had plenty of I.W. Harper to dull the senses....

Never heard of Murdock or eligibility issues....Damn, I still hate their fcking guts after all these years
I was there too, I remember us walking in one line out on the field to show we were serious.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
You are Sir. In fact my first college game was the UM v. Nebraska NC. Thank God my brother was at UF and I followed him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator