Stricklin sourcing Twitter

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. Dropping the double FCS games or any for that matter and replacing them with a Cal, Purdue, Iowa St, Boise St., etc. would be enough for me...

Yeah, I have no problem playing mid-majors, but there's no need to add teams like Michigan, Clemson, Texas, Ohio State. We already play more than enough top 25 teams every year.
3 out of 4 of those teams are P5 conference teams, exactly what Scott is looking for.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why I don't like the CFP system. It's bastardized the game.

Conference champions rule.

Well, duh, not all conference champions are created equally.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
3 out of 4 of those teams are P5 conference teams, exactly what Scott is looking for.

I’m good with that. I was more or less answering to Nav and agreeing that we play a hard enough schedule already and don’t need to play any more top 10 teams on purpose. The occasional big time home and home would be OK. Maybe once every 6-8 years or so. We don’t need exposure. People know who we are and where we are. We just to need to win and the rest should take care of itself.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’d love some off the wall teams like Arizona State or Cal or Oklahoma State or TCU or Boston College. Who cares if they’re any good in 10 years? Mix it up. That’s why the Colorado and Utah matchups are so great.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I see no reason to change anything. In fact, move UT back to the 3rd game of the season. Every season. And schedule two cupcakes for games 1 and 2.

Absolutely no reason to make a difficult schedule absolutely ridiculous. The winner of the SECCG will always make it into the playoffs. Lets concentrate on that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’d vote for USC or Washington.
I agree, Id prefer PAC or Big 12.

Every team in the Big 10 or ACC team likes to blast Vandy as often as possible and say they have an sec win. I guess that means we should play garbage teams at the bottom of the other conferences like Colorado, Ritgers, Kansas or Miami.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’d love some off the wall teams like Arizona State or Cal or Oklahoma State or TCU or Boston College. Who cares if they’re any good in 10 years? Mix it up. That’s why the Colorado and Utah matchups are so great.
100% agree. I don’t think he needs to go after the big fish. How about some middle of the road P5 teams. Minnesota, Kansas St, Arizona, NCST, etc.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why I don't like the CFP system. It's bastardized the game.

Conference champions rule.

Well, duh, not all conference champions are created equally.
You still menstruating over Central Fl Golden Knights?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If they do go to an 8-team playoff, which I adamantly oppose, I'd hope they go back to 11 game regular season.
I'm for whichever P5 team has the hottest cheerleaders - Oregon, USC, ASU. Let's keep things in perspective.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I see no reason to change anything. In fact, move UT back to the 3rd game of the season. Every season. And schedule two cupcakes for games 1 and 2.

Absolutely no reason to make a difficult schedule absolutely ridiculous. The winner of the SECCG will always make it into the playoffs. Lets concentrate on that.
We wouldn't have made the playoffs if we had beaten Bama in Atlanta in '15 or '16. Missouri wouldn't have made it in '14, either.

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
A non-conference game against another power 5 school can be intriguing, depending on who it is. But I miss the home and home series with a rotating SEC West opponent. Ole Miss, Miss State and Arkansas don’t do anything for me. But I would be excited to see Texas A&M, Bama and Auburn more often.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The trick is to schedule beatable teams that have a big draw like a Washington , Oregon, TCU. Like some have mentioned.
We don't need to add Clemson or Oklahoma. We've got a tough enough schedule. Utah is the perfect match up. If we did go big10, penn state would make game day and they're usually beatable. I think we would wax Wisconsin and that would also make primetime tv. The acc just doesn't have many decent brands to the table. I'd stay outa there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator