Founding Member
That's actually not a bad idea.

Edit: Using social media.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’d vote for USC or Washington. Stay away from all ACC & Big10 schools.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Why?

We will play 3 teams in the current Top-12 (with hopefully a chance at a rematch or a 4th) plus fsu annually and miami on occasion. In 2021, we play Lsu, Alabama and uga, not to mention teams like fsu and ut that could have rebounded by then.

Other than just ensuring a brutal schedule somewhere down the line, why do we feel the need to do this?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why?

We will play 3 teams in the current Top-12 (with hopefully a chance at a rematch or a 4th) plus fsu annually and miami on occasion. In 2021, we play Lsu, Alabama and uga, not to mention teams like fsu and ut that could have rebounded by then.

Other than just ensuring a brutal schedule somewhere down the line, why do we feel the need to do this?
$$$ and recruiting.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Disagree, Sofla, that the proliferation of the SEC necessitates us crawling into a scheduling shell.

I really dislike the quality disparity in how our schedule has evolved. Too many crap games.

That's of course from a fan perspective.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Why?

The reason is the possible upcoming CFP expansion to 8 teams instead of 4 once the contract for the CFP expires. That means teams will have more opportunities to make it to the playoff, but will have to demonstrate a stronger schedule. ADs are catching up which is why you see these aggressive schedules being made.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Clemson would be awesome for sure. I’d love to see us play a game in Happy Valley. So the only Big10 game I’d like would be PSU. That’s a really fun atmosphere to be around for those who haven’t experienced it. Would give both schools a chance to send the kids somewhere they more than likely would never get the chance to see.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Scheduling Clemson would be retarded. Why would we wanna make our schedule even more ridiculous?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm obviously in the minority here, but when you consistently have one of the toughest schedules in the country, I just don't see the need to add even more difficulty. The SEC is already grueling enough when you have FSU as an every year OOC foe. I don't mind the random power 5 home and home every 5 years or so for excitement, but I hope they aren't trying to add non-SEC P5 opponents for every year. I just don't see it as necessary at all.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’d vote for USC or Washington. Stay away from all ACC & Big10 schools.

This, play some west coast teams. It's not like we will be doing it yearly. We seem to always matchup in bowl season with a Big10 team, we play ACC with FSUcks and Miami.

Why?

We've had too many cupcakes on our schedule lately. 2 FSC teams ?? come on, that is just too lame. Add another Group of 5 ? lame too, if it will be a home & home, that's just barely above an FSC team. I really don't see any west coast Power 5 team being a threat, now , nor in the near future to our Gators. We'll whip teams from coast to coast those years!!

Go Gators

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Clemson would turn the offer down. They are perfectly content with no one on their schedule and running through the acc. I’d be depressed as a fan of theirs. Every week is the same cupcake story. I enjoy the anx, excitement and prep we get.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I'm obviously in the minority here, but when you consistently have one of the toughest schedules in the country, I just don't see the need to add even more difficulty. The SEC is already grueling enough when you have FSU as an every year OOC foe. I don't mind the random power 5 home and home every 5 years or so for excitement, but I hope they aren't trying to add non-SEC P5 opponents for every year. I just don't see it as necessary at all.

I agree. Dropping the double FCS games or any for that matter and replacing them with a Cal, Purdue, Iowa St, Boise St., etc. would be enough for me...

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016

I think Strickland is looking toward the future and seeing an obvious route to CFP expansion where SOS would carry a whole lot more weight and 2 loss teams getting in are determined by who those losses are to.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. Dropping the double FCS games or any for that matter and replacing them with a Cal, Purdue, Iowa St, Boise St., etc. would be enough for me...

Yeah, I have no problem playing mid-majors, but there's no need to add teams like Michigan, Clemson, Texas, Ohio State. We already play more than enough top 25 teams every year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.