Summer Updates: Hev's pool, Slevin & Lil Reese's achilles in shambles

Would you listen to The Oxrageous Podcast weekly?

• Yes

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
“5 things I pulled out of my ass while busy schmoozing the brass so I can keep my job I’m terrible at” would be a much better title

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Happy to see confirmation that DM and SOS have a good relationship. If drooley is reporting it, then you know it began developing at least 12 months ago.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
In this offense it's going to be hard to have a 1st team All-SEC offensive player. Possibly the QB (down the road) and an OL. But do the skill players rack up enough stats to make 1st team? Keep in mind there are 13 other teams in the league and only so many spots. Most of the skill players that make 1st team will likely put up big numbers (1200+ rushing yards, 1,000+ receiving yards, etc). So, does this offense allow for a skill player to make 1st team? I can see a 2nd or 3rd team, but hard to see a WR w/ 800 receiving yards make it or a RB-by-committee w/ 900 yards rushing making it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Reports that Hammond won't make it in for Summer B...and possibly not make it at all.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Reports that Hammond won't make it in for Summer B...and possibly not make it at all.

Is Henderson a done deal or they really don't know? Anyone not there by Monday is not coming I would say.

If you don't make Summer B unless its a paperwork/family issue you can't be on the Gators until 2 years later I think.

Last edited:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Even if he enrolls in time for the fall he’s redshirt this season anyway

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Missing fall camp would be huge. Essentially a grayshirt.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In this offense it's going to be hard to have a 1st team All-SEC offensive player. Possibly the QB (down the road) and an OL. But do the skill players rack up enough stats to make 1st team? Keep in mind there are 13 other teams in the league and only so many spots. Most of the skill players that make 1st team will likely put up big numbers (1200+ rushing yards, 1,000+ receiving yards, etc). So, does this offense allow for a skill player to make 1st team? I can see a 2nd or 3rd team, but hard to see a WR w/ 800 receiving yards make it or a RB-by-committee w/ 900 yards rushing making it.

I agree as the RBs will share too many carries and with Franks at QB no receiver will make the 1st team.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Dionte marks also is unclear on his status he might make it in July and it looks like Hammond May have to go JUCO or prep school to make up credits

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Add Dionte Marks and Arjei Henderson to the list of guys who may not make it. Arjei says it’s family issue and will be there before add drop but Dionte won’t. What a shyt show.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Add Dionte Marks and Arjei Henderson to the list of guys who may not make it. Arjei says it’s family issue and will be there before add drop but Dionte won’t. What a shyt show.
This more than stars bespeaks bad recruiting to me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good Gawd, how many have we lost now?

This is ridiculous.

The good news is I think we fired most of our recruiting staff. The bad news is it was only two people anyway.

It isnt even August and this class would be probably mid 20s now.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Good Gawd, how many have we lost now?

This is ridiculous.

The good news is I think we fired most of our recruiting staff. The bad news is it was only two people anyway.

It isnt even August and this class would be probably mid 20s now.
I think Arjei May be fine but Dionte not getting in is a bummer. Thought he’d be a true diamond in the rough type

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Arjei May be fine but Dionte not getting in is a bummer. Thought he’d be a true diamond in the rough type

Even if we keep Henderson that would mean we lost 20% of our 2019 class prior to camp starting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're also going to be well into the mid-70s again as far as total scholarships.

I think the last time we had 85 was 2008. Not surprising we haven't won even a conference championship since then. You can't compete with 65 to 75 scholarship players on the roster.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Anybody else remember when we had all of our crew qualified and had them qualified before anyone else except, maybe, Vanderbilt? The rest of you, mostly, worry about stars; I worry about competent bodies for sec play and for continuing contributions. This really bothers me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator