Summer Updates: Hev's pool, Slevin & Lil Reese's achilles in shambles

Would you listen to The Oxrageous Podcast weekly?

• Yes

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we lose 2 of these 4 guys it looks like about 14th. I don't think anyone else top 10 lost more than 2 recruits.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I lost track of David Reese's older brother, the OL. At one point we hoped that he would transfer in. I guess that is not happening?

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
What's wrong with that, I dont see the problem

Miami Harold (@UnkleSilk) tweeted at 5:57 PM on Fri, Jun 28, 2019:

()

August 12th (@Luhjayynix) tweeted at 10:18 AM on Sat, Jun 29, 2019:
Am I supposed to feel sorry for beck? I mean, I don't condone our fans harassing jits but dude literally admitted to using UF for a UGA offer, wasting our coaches time, essentially lying to them. Jit did some clown **** like that and expect the fans to not say anything?
()

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
August 12th (@Luhjayynix) tweeted at 10:18 AM on Sat, Jun 29, 2019:
Am I supposed to feel sorry for beck? I mean, I don't condone our fans harassing jits but dude literally admitted to using UF for a UGA offer, wasting our coaches time, essentially lying to them. Jit did some clown **** like that and expect the fans to not say anything?
()

This is what I was saying...I hope we whoop his ass every time we play and he never accomplishes anything in his college career...most kids that play that game have karma get em one way or another...and I hope Richardson can be the one that beats him

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Interesting “what if” read on ESPN:

Florida (+3000)

i

If ... late-2018 Feleipe Franks is the permanent Feleipe Franks. Florida's junior quarterback has already lived quite a few football lives in Gainesville. He was the too-much-too-soon rookie behind center for the death rattle of the Jim McElwain era. He was the up-and-down sophomore who ushered in the Dan Mullen era by alternating between strong performances and shaky ones.

Finally, he was the guy who helped Florida's offense dominate the last four games of 2018. He completed 65 percent of his passes with eight TDs to no INTs (plus 54 rushing yards per game with a 50 percent rushing success rate) as Florida averaged 45 points per game against South Carolina, Idaho, FSU and Michigan. If that is the Franks who shows up in 2019, then the Gators could put a serious scare into Georgia in the SEC East race.

If ... Franks has a go-to weapon. In three losses last year, leading receivers Van Jefferson and Trevon Grimes combined to catch a ghastly 11 of 32 passes for 114 yards. When the Gators needed to make a play through the air, Franks didn't know whom he could trust.

If ... the offensive line doesn't regress too much. After years of underachievement, the Gators' line was downright good in 2018, paving the way for Florida to rank 14th in rushing marginal efficiency, 20th in stuff rate and first in passing downs sack rate. But now it has to replace four starters. Some combination of veteran reserves and young blue-chippers has to at least replicate last year's steadiness.

If ... Todd Grantham's defense tamps down the recklessness a hair. All-out aggression has been Grantham's calling card through defensive coordinator stops with the Cleveland Browns, Georgia, Louisville and now UF. When it works, it works. But when it didn't work in 2018, UF got gashed.

The Gators ranked 12th in FBS in sack rate (9.2 percent) and forced plenty of third-and-longs (7 yards to go or more), but opponents converted third-and-long 26 percent of the time (84th). Grantham needs a new ace pass-rusher with Jachai Polite now a New York Jet -- Louisville transfer Jon Greenard, perhaps? -- though a secondary no longer heavily reliant on freshmen and sophomores could be capable of holding on to coverage for a moment longer. Either way, the sacks-to-big-plays ratio needs to improve.”

Here’s the article if you’re interested in more.

How each top CFB contender can win the national title

Nothing outlandish or new but all are solid points.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting “what if” read on ESPN:

Florida (+3000)

i

If ... late-2018 Feleipe Franks is the permanent Feleipe Franks. Florida's junior quarterback has already lived quite a few football lives in Gainesville. He was the too-much-too-soon rookie behind center for the death rattle of the Jim McElwain era. He was the up-and-down sophomore who ushered in the Dan Mullen era by alternating between strong performances and shaky ones.

Finally, he was the guy who helped Florida's offense dominate the last four games of 2018. He completed 65 percent of his passes with eight TDs to no INTs (plus 54 rushing yards per game with a 50 percent rushing success rate) as Florida averaged 45 points per game against South Carolina, Idaho, FSU and Michigan. If that is the Franks who shows up in 2019, then the Gators could put a serious scare into Georgia in the SEC East race.

If ... Franks has a go-to weapon. In three losses last year, leading receivers Van Jefferson and Trevon Grimes combined to catch a ghastly 11 of 32 passes for 114 yards. When the Gators needed to make a play through the air, Franks didn't know whom he could trust.

If ... the offensive line doesn't regress too much. After years of underachievement, the Gators' line was downright good in 2018, paving the way for Florida to rank 14th in rushing marginal efficiency, 20th in stuff rate and first in passing downs sack rate. But now it has to replace four starters. Some combination of veteran reserves and young blue-chippers has to at least replicate last year's steadiness.

If ... Todd Grantham's defense tamps down the recklessness a hair. All-out aggression has been Grantham's calling card through defensive coordinator stops with the Cleveland Browns, Georgia, Louisville and now UF. When it works, it works. But when it didn't work in 2018, UF got gashed.

The Gators ranked 12th in FBS in sack rate (9.2 percent) and forced plenty of third-and-longs (7 yards to go or more), but opponents converted third-and-long 26 percent of the time (84th). Grantham needs a new ace pass-rusher with Jachai Polite now a New York Jet -- Louisville transfer Jon Greenard, perhaps? -- though a secondary no longer heavily reliant on freshmen and sophomores could be capable of holding on to coverage for a moment longer. Either way, the sacks-to-big-plays ratio needs to improve.”

Here’s the article if you’re interested in more.

How each top CFB contender can win the national title

Nothing outlandish or new but all are solid points.

Some good points in there but that line about Franks not knowing what WR he could trust is comedy channel worthy.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he knows the playbook, he is an upgrade over Joseph. I expect him to be a massive upgrade even if he isnt a true run-stuffing inside linebacker. Joseph was about 50/50 on knowing his assignment hitting the right hole, knowing which guy to cover. It was mind boggling.

He was also 50/50 on missing tackles in the open field. Go back and watch the long 4th down run that Frenchy made against fsu. he was in position and just wiffed on a slow moving target.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
David Waters - Gators Breakdown (@GatorDave_SEC) tweeted at 7:12 PM on Mon, Jul 01, 2019:
As bad as it’s been for us UF fans, still 4th overall since expansion. We just have fair expectations that haven’t been met.
()

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
David Waters - Gators Breakdown (@GatorDave_SEC) tweeted at 7:12 PM on Mon, Jul 01, 2019:
As bad as it’s been for us UF fans, still 4th overall since expansion. We just have fair expectations that haven’t been met.
()

Imagine if Mac didn't go 13-3 in the SEC regular season in 15 and 16... :leaving:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wilson is still trying to get his VISA stuff fixed apparently but he was supposed to be an early enrollee back in January and then was going to start in Summer A.

Henderson is still trying to work out "family issues" to get here.

Marks apparently will not have his test results in time so he will not be able to do anything until the fall provided he gets the needed score.

Hammond likely wont be here for 2019.

If Wilson and Henderson aren't here today to register late it looks like they are in the same boat as Marks and something else is probably holding them up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. Wilson too?

What a class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users