Summer Updates: Hev's pool, Slevin & Lil Reese's achilles in shambles

Would you listen to The Oxrageous Podcast weekly?

• Yes

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
if you want civility and temperance, take your candyass to gatorcountry. we're here for a show, and by god, you aint stoppin us from seeing one!

I want modern American men to act like men. Wherever they are. Nobody's crying about it. Slevin brought it up and I seconded it.

459114-Horace-Quote-I-court-not-the-votes-of-the-fickle-mob.jpg

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Euro has his wagging finger in full force right now. We can always count on his lectures to set us straight.

Euro, it’s a miracle you’re still coming around this terrible place after all these years, with us all being beneath you.

:lol2:

After seeing some reactions to my posts on this subject I was pleasantly surprised that you hadn't jumped in. After all, every time I say something that you consider finger wagging, you're usually first on the scene to wag your finger at me for it. "Hmmm," I thought, "Ox didn't jump on it this time."

...but of course you did.

Ironic that you characterize me as thinking you are beneath me all while thinking you're above me.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really like Perine and think he could have a really big year. But I picked up a Phil Steele magazine the other day and he had Malik Davis as the potential starter at RB.

What if Davis stays healthy all year? He might be the best RB on the roster, when healthy.

I thought the same thing. I hope he stays healthy and gets the opportunity. I think he has the most potential upside.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can’t believe I agree with you.

Malik is the best back on the team. Best vision. Doesn’t shake and bake a lot. Small cuts and explosive runs. There’s a reason he’s the all-time leading rusher for Hillsborough County.

Insti, why would you dislike a post that agrees with yours? :lol2:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

After seeing some reactions to my posts on this subject I was pleasantly surprised that you hadn't jumped in. After all, every time I say something that you consider finger wagging, you're usually first on the scene to wag your finger at me for it. "Hmmm," I thought, "Ox didn't jump on it this time."

Ironic that you characterize me as thinking you are beneath me all while thinking you're above me.

Don't try that Euro-logic around here...... :shakehead:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

This is embarrassing, even for you.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley feeding the Trash Train:

Dooley: Florida's Trask is not backing down - GatorSports.com

Kyle Trask had just been through a workout and slapped on his backpack after a quick shower. It would be another typical day for the quarterback in what has not been your typical college football career.

If there was ever a perfect candidate for the NCAA transfer portal it is Trask, a young man who can’t catch a break unless it has been to one of his feet.

Instead, he is still at Florida with plans to graduate in August and pursue a master’s degree in science and management.

“We had our meetings, and they still want me,” Trask said. “I told them I’m all in. I know the whole portal is the thing to do now, but that’s not really me.”

Ah, the dreaded transfer portal, the bane of all coaches dealing with roster management. Not playing? Go to the portal, where the grass always looks so green even if it can sometimes be a mirage.

At last count, 410 players have entered the portal since the end of last season. A lot of them are still looking for places to land. Some of them — like quarterbacks Jalen Hurts and Justin Fields — are expected to have major impacts on the college football landscape.

Some of them may find themselves without a scholarship or stuck at a small school that was never their intention.

Sometimes, that green grass has big brown patches.

But for Trask, it was not something he considered.

“There’s no reason to leave with the greatest coaching staff in the country and a great university,” Trask said. “Nothing against those guys, but it’s something that’s not in my character.

“I don’t see any reason to leave. It’s just how I was raised. I’m not going to back down from the challenge.”

Trask came to Florida from Manvel, Texas, given a scholarship by Jim McElwain even though he was the backup to current Houston quarterback D’Eriq King in high school, because the Florida coaches [were lazy as fvkk]

The bad breaks came early. He competed with Feleipe Franks for the starting job in 2017, but suffered a broken foot during warm-ups before the Michigan game in Arlington, Texas. Had he remained healthy, there’s a pretty good chance he’d have found the field given the struggles Franks had early and the injuries that derailed Luke Del Rio. Florida eventually went to Malik Zaire, and let’s just say that didn’t work out.

Those who were allowed to watch practice before that 2017 season raved about Trask. And throughout that miserable season, we couldn’t help but wonder what he might have been able to do if given the chance.

He had a chance again the week after the Missouri game last year when Dan Mullen declared the quarterback competition open. But this time he suffered a broken left foot during a Wednesday practice and another season was down the drain.

“It was just really unfortunate,” he said. “I just made a cut and it popped.

They were telling me to stay calm. I was so mad, honestly. I remembered my right foot, walking around and it just doesn’t feel right. I had that same feeling on the left one. So I knew.”

It was the same exact injury — broken fifth metatarsal — just on the other foot.

Still, even when he had a nice spring game (11-of-16, 209 yards and two touchdown passes), you couldn’t help but wonder if (transfer)...

“He progressed nicely throughout the spring,” Mullen said. “He got off to a slow start because of the foot, but he had a solid spring.”

With Franks and Emory Jones still ahead of him on the depth chart, there’s no telling if Trask will be able to add to his 22 career pass attempts. Certainly, there are no expectations that he will live his dream and run out on the field as the starting quarterback this season and nobody would wish bad things for the other two quarterbacks.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
By all the rehab, physically, Malik Davis could be stronger in muscles,tendons,igaments - hope, hope.
Might be fine-points different attack this year, with defenses biting on Franks runs, Perine bashes, Malik slithers and Toney's wide dodges. Better TE uses. There's enough in the skills pointing to improvement in overall offense.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We get it Dooley. Through all hardships and major injuries, Trask, not once dropped his clipboard.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Kyle Trask had just been through a workout and slapped on his backpack after a quick shower. It would be another typical day for the quarterback in what has not been your typical college football career.

If there was ever a perfect candidate for the NCAA transfer portal it is Trask, a young man who can’t catch a break unless it has been to one of his feet.

Instead, he is still at Florida with plans to graduate in August and pursue a master’s degree in science and management.

“We had our meetings, and they still want me,” Trask said. “I told them I’m all in. I know the whole portal is the thing to do now, but that’s not really me.”

Ah, the dreaded transfer portal, the bane of all coaches dealing with roster management. Not playing? Go to the portal, where the grass always looks so green even if it can sometimes be a mirage.

At last count, 410 players have entered the portal since the end of last season. A lot of them are still looking for places to land. Some of them — like quarterbacks Jalen Hurts and Justin Fields — are expected to have major impacts on the college football landscape.

Some of them may find themselves without a scholarship or stuck at a small school that was never their intention.

“There’s no reason to leave with the greatest coaching staff in the country and a great university,” Trask said. “Nothing against those guys, but it’s something that’s not in my character.

“I don’t see any reason to leave. It’s just how I was raised. I’m not going to back down from the challenge.”

Trask came to Florida from Manvel, Texas, given a scholarship by Jim McElwain even though he was the backup to current Houston quarterback D’Eriq King in high school, because the Florida coaches [were lazy as fvkk]

The bad breaks came early. He competed with Feleipe Franks for the starting job in 2017, but suffered a broken foot during warm-ups before the Michigan game in Arlington, Texas. Had he remained healthy, there’s a pretty good chance he’d have found the field given the struggles Franks had early and the injuries that derailed Luke Del Rio. Florida eventually went to Malik Zaire, and let’s just say that didn’t work out.

Those who were allowed to watch practice before that 2017 season raved about Trask. And throughout that miserable season, we couldn’t help but wonder what he might have been able to do if given the chance.

He had a chance again the week after the Missouri game last year when Dan Mullen declared the quarterback competition open. But this time he suffered a broken left foot during a Wednesday practice and another season was down the drain.

They were telling me to stay calm. I was so mad, honestly. I remembered my right foot, walking around and it just doesn’t feel right. I had that same feeling on the left one. So I knew.”

It was the same exact injury — broken fifth metatarsal — just on the other foot.

Still, even when he had a nice spring game (11-of-16, 209 yards and two touchdown passes), you couldn’t help but wonder if (transfer)...

“He progressed nicely throughout the spring,” Mullen said. “He got off to a slow start because of the foot, but he had a solid spring.”

With Franks and Emory Jones still ahead of him on the depth chart, there’s no telling if Trask will be able to add to his 22 career pass attempts. Certainly, there are no expectations that he will live his dream and run out on the field as the starting quarterback this season and nobody would wish bad things for the other two quarterbacks.

Great kid, good gator and team player. I wish him the best in life. I believe he might have been able to play at a non SEC school but he chose to stick with UF. Hope he gets to play some this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Great kid, good gator and team player. I wish him the best in life. I believe he might have been able to play at a non SEC school but he chose to stick with UF. Hope he gets to play some this year.
You think the same teams that didn't want him before want him now?

Edit: you're right. Central Mich would have taken him.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

With this O line Trask may get his chance to lead the Gators to glory once we are into the meat of the SEC schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator