Super Bowl LVIII: San Francisco vs. Kansas City

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the two 4ths downs are just easy to focus on.... it's what weak minded people do. :lol:
He already gave his opinion on that. I know you're trying to egg him on, but you have to be more creative.
He's listed every single other thing that went wrong in the game as to why they lost without mentioning the 4th down decision, yes it's singular cause that's the only one that mattered. Dropped passes, fumble, the lucky doink catch, our defense sucks, Purdy's running.... Anything other than Dan made the wrong decision in that moment.

Either Dan has something on him like photos or he's in Dan's will, there's no other explanation.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He's listed every single other thing that went wrong in the game as to why they lost without mentioning the 4th down decision, yes it's singular cause that's the only one that mattered. Dropped passes, fumble, the lucky doink catch, our defense sucks, Purdy's running.... Anything other than Dan made the wrong decision in that moment.

Either Dan has something on him like photos or he's in Dan's will, there's no other explanation.
This won't work on him, either. Take a swipe at his military service, that always seems to get his hackles up.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As for this silly argument, it's pretty much always been the same since football was invented. If you go for it on 4th down and get it you're a ballsy badass trying to win, and if you don't get it you're a dumbass that has no business coaching and should be strung up.

I give Campbell credit for playing to win the game. Had he gotten the first down no one (including NV) would be bashing him today for a poor "situational" decision.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll say it until I'm blue in the face... the two 4th downs are NOT what lost them the game.

I agree with you and it is actually TWO play calls like that that hurt (along with drops and the "doink" 51 yard catch)... That run play cost them the time out at the end. Also, on the drive at the end of the half, it ended with the dumb pass out to the side to Gibbs and then they kicked the FG.

There are probably 10 or so plays that cost them the game to either the play call itself, or execution of an otherwise good play (like the first 4th down attempt)... the two 4ths downs are just easy to focus on.... it's what weak minded people do. :lol:

Hell, on the execution front, Gibbs running to the wrong side of Goff and fumbling (and subsequent TD) was a FAR more critical issue than the two 4th downs COMBINED.

News out of Detriot it was because you switched shirts and did a "kettlebell workout" at the half. And you being blue in the face was due to the way you enjoy your "kettlebelling".

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Which is exactly why I said he's done it all season and continued to do so in 3 playoff games where they converted 4 out of 6 attempts (that's 67% of the time for the challenged) and why I'll wait until next season, after personnel changes, to see whether it's a "Dan flaw" or a "Dan felt, in his gut, in that situation, felt he had to go for it." But you ran (and continue to run) with the "it's who we are" part of my post, not the data in detail part. And no, not "sucks," but definitely the weakness of the team, especially the CBs.

It's convenient to go with the "it's who we are" part vs. the possibility of it being a calculated decision, all season, to compensate for a shortcoming. It's also convenient to think that 43 and 48 yard FG attempts are automatic.

And again, yes, PERSONALLY, I would have attempted the first FG, but that's me and I didn't know at the time that the kicker only had 6 attempts all year (I did see him miss the 2 x XPs during the season though), only two greater than 40+ (and yes, both were made, and all were made in domes), or that he was only 77% over 40 yards career.

Annnnd again... he "took the points" when it was a 21 yard attempt. He did this when it was a 43 yard attempt. I'm fine with it.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
As for this silly argument, it's pretty much always been the same since football was invented. If you go for it on 4th down and get it you're a ballsy badass trying to win, and if you don't get it you're a dumbass that has no business coaching and should be strung up.

I give Campbell credit for playing to win the game. Had he gotten the first down no one (including NV) would be bashing him today for a poor "situational" decision.
^This...

I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of people who are calling him an idiot were also saying pre-game "Lions are playing with house money, go balls out."

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
which is ironically how you watched the game
Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
It’s been written that the NFl has moved the start time for the Superbowl from 3:30 to 4:05 to accommodate Taylor Swift’s travel time from Japan

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It’s been written that the NFl has moved the start time for the Superbowl from 3:30 to 4:05 to accommodate Taylor Swift’s travel time from Japan
Election interference. Will they ask about climate change and the private jets?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i wish he would have kicked the FGs, but hindsight is always 20/20. If he goes for and makes just 1 of those and they get a TD, he's a genius. he didn't so he's a dunce. that's just how it works in pro sports. you're the riverboat gambler and beloved when it works, and you're a freaking retard and should be fired when it doesn't.

except if your name is tater, in which case you're just a retard regardless.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
You’re right. He had the lead. And he’s been there before. More than once. He knows when to take the risk and when to take the points. He’s also made mistakes in his past that he has learned from.

Dan just made a mistake and will learn from it. He will lose sleep at night praying he even gets in that position again, ever.
KC’s defense was also playing really well, mitigating their risk.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I saw this the week before the game and thought, "OH! The fellas are going to love the reason why Hendon Hooker is out of the lineup!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You can’t watch a commercial during the NFL without seeing Kelce, Mahomo, or fat **** Reid. You think the league didn’t want them here?
Wanting them there and actually fixing the games are two completely separate things. You guys act like it's odd the Chiefs are in the SB. They are there because Mahomes is the best football player on Earth. The same reason they've been there 4 times in the last six years.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wanting them there and actually fixing the games are two completely separate things. You guys act like it's odd the Chiefs are in the SB. They are there because Mahomes is the best football player on Earth. The same reason they've been there 4 times in the last six years.
You’re wasting your breath.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cmon ox. Tin foil hat nonsense is so much more entertaining than reality. It gives the Dunning-Kruger crowd something to do.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mahomes is fantastic. No argument whatsoever. But the more compelling reason for why they're in the title game is the D. Chris Jones showing time and again what a disruptive presence in the middle of the DL can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator