Taggelwain Excusers

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
The Tally braintrust can argue left and right about what's wrong with that program, when in fact its everything. Like MacElwain syndrome it's the fact that Taggert is totally lost and has no idea how to do his job. We got schooled in the same subject during the MacNuss years so from our vantage-point we know the screenplay, but it's fun to sit in the audience and watch your biggest rival go through the angst.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It is "fun" to watch your biggest rival implode.........

I have no sympathy for them, none.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I had a conversation with a Nole about recruiting. I mentioned that their OL recruiting has been bad for a few years now, but this year was really bad. All he said is that we’ll see.

Some of them are so clueless it hurts.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
“Former All-American and FSU Hall of Fame tight end Pat Carter added, "I SUPPORT Coach Taggart. Not because he’s black, but because he’s our coach.”

LOL If it’s not because he’s black then why bring it up?
I’m just glad they bring up race because every time they do it makes it soo much harder to fire him.

Correct Threat. It's like in the civil lawsuit when the plaintiff says: "It's not about the money." You know it is.

Sum dumb admissions that they think smart =
1) no excuses, just drastic improvement. (? at breakneck speed?) :loser:
2) the bandwagon's empty and I like it that way :confused:
3) I'm circling the wagons (one guy circling all those wagons) :rolleyes:
4) B.Bowden: "Streaks don't last forever" :baby:

Gators won't fret, since the Nole brainrust is on it. :backout:

Tracing Taggle's waggels, I think he jumped at the FSU job because he saw they had all those highly ranked players (far superior to Oregon's classes), so he jumped after one year, believing he couldn't miss at having a high win-% 2018 team at FSU. But, along with everybody else, he overlooked that he was a losing-record HC.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The Tally braintrust can argue left and right about what's wrong with that program, when in fact its everything. Like MacElwain syndrome it's the fact that Taggert is totally lost and has no idea how to do his job. We got schooled in the same subject during the MacNuss years so from our vantage-point we know the screenplay, but it's fun to sit in the audience and watch your biggest rival go through the angst.

Correct. One of the things that has to be really concerning to nole fans is the fact that during games, he clearly has no answer. This doesn't have the look of a guy trying to instill a new mindset, addressing the players after every series, and grimacing with the inevitable growing pains as he gradually directs the ship his new direction. Compare that to Mullen actively involved in trying to squeeze out everything he can from his new team. For that matter, as much as I hate saying it, go back and look at Fisher this year or Smart in 2016. They had the look that it was coming, but would just take time. Taggart just looks completely emotionless in the sidelines. It looks almost as if he woke up that morning expecting to be delivering packages for UPS or doing tech calls for a cable company, and suddenly finds himself on the sidelines of a football field with no clue as to how to do his job.

The other thing that few are mentioning is his and his team's demeanor coming into the season. There were dozens of articles with players talking about his having so much "swag" and players having so much more energy about the program. Someone last week posted his "swag chop" moment on Twitter from the offseason. His approach was different but welcomed by the players, and we were supposed to see a giant turn around from 2017. So for anyone to give him a pass, as if it was known all along, or even entertained that things were coming off the rails, is a joke.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
They basically look as bad as we did in the last part of 2013. Hopefully they'll bounce back and have several 6-6 or 7-5 seasons where they're forced to keep this guy for at least 3 more seasons....we don't want him fired too soon and have someone with half a brain to use that left over talent making them relevant again especially before we stockpile our shelves....Truth be told though I don't see them keeping him past next season.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Tagglewain offense, known as the Hurry up and Suck offense, rush up to the line after each play so we can run the most sh*tty plays possible during the game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't like the fact that they're eight spots ahead of us in the recruiting rankings. We need to make it a December to remember.

Last edited:

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Correct. One of the things that has to be really concerning to nole fans is the fact that during games, he clearly has no answer. This doesn't have the look of a guy trying to instill a new mindset, addressing the players after every series, and grimacing with the inevitable growing pains as he gradually directs the ship his new direction. Compare that to Mullen actively involved in trying to squeeze out everything he can from his new team. For that matter, as much as I hate saying it, go back and look at Fisher this year or Smart in 2016. They had the look that it was coming, but would just take time. Taggart just looks completely emotionless in the sidelines. It looks almost as if he woke up that morning expecting to be delivering packages for UPS or doing tech calls for a cable company, and suddenly finds himself on the sidelines of a football field with no clue as to how to do his job.

The other thing that few are mentioning is his and his team's demeanor coming into the season. There were dozens of articles with players talking about his having so much "swag" and players having so much more energy about the program. Someone last week posted his "swag chop" moment on Twitter from the offseason. His approach was different but welcomed by the players, and we were supposed to see a giant turn around from 2017. So for anyone to give him a pass, as if it was known all along, or even entertained that things were coming off the rails, is a joke.

You really nailed it in that he looks like the UPS guy who was delivering a package to the stadium on game day and he is asked to fill in for the head coach who was just rushed to the hospital with a medical emergency.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You really nailed it in that he looks like the UPS guy who was delivering a package to the stadium on game day and he is asked to fill in for the head coach who was just rushed to the hospital with a medical emergency.
Brings new meaning to the phrase, what can brown do for you?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't like the fact that they're eight spots ahead of us in the recruiting rankings. We need to make it a December to remember.
They have one OL. We’ve learned our lesson on how this ends up

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Just put a whistle around this guy's neck and some glasses on him...
ubsguy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.