Tebow to Rams?

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was just watching First Take on ESPN and Skip Bayliss was talking about how Timmy would be a good fit for the Rams! Shaun King is currently being slated to start and Mark Sanchez reportedly turned them down so why not Mr. Tebow? Stephen A Smith was even onboard, which is astonishing in and of itself, however he pointed out one caveat: They should only sign Tebow if they didn't want to have a passing game.. Whatever...

Discuss...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt he gets signed because he hasn't even been in a camp this season. Imagine the questions with Sam being there also.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There's no indication that the Rams are even considering it.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The reality is that a good number of teams should have already signed Tebow compared to the garbage sitting on their bench. Why should the Rams be any different? Although I would love to see it happen.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody is going to sign Tebow.. unfortunately, he brings too much attention and has not shown enough NFL talent.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n34853 said:
Nobody is going to sign Tebow.. unfortunately, he brings too much attention and has not shown enough NFL talent.

Yep teams would want him to be top starter talent at this point considering the media attention he creates.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n34853 said:

Well, they DID sign Michael Sam, so they're ok with the media attention. I guess they just want productivity out of the QB position.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
While I'd love to see Tim get another shot, it isn't going to happen. It sucks, but the rams season is over and there is nothing they can do but wait til the draft and pick one of the top tier quarterbacks. Unfortunately, I'm not in love with anyone this year. I like Mariota but that Oregon system is very simplistic. He'll have a huge learning curve once he gets to the NFL.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n34872 said:
Well, they DID sign Michael Sam, so they're ok with the media attention. I guess they just want productivity out of the QB position.

Michael Sam provides less total attention than Tebow. The problem with Tebow is that if you don't start him and you don't have a top QB in front of him, then the there is always fan pressure to start him. It creates issues!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Productivity? No one is suggesting Tebow come in and start. You don't think he brings a lot to a football team just being around? I certainly do.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n34901 said:
Productivity? No one is suggesting Tebow come in and start. You don't think he brings a lot to a football team just being around? I certainly do.

Depends on the team.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n34901 said:

Lots of moral and religious support?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n34905 said:
Lots of moral and religious support?
You don't think people can be leaders if they aren't starting? Have you seen the worthless QB's on rosters right now? Have you seen the Bills 3 quarterbacks?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Delg8tor;n34840 said:
Was just watching First Take on ESPN and Skip Bayliss was talking about how Timmy would be a good fit for the Rams! Shaun King is currently being slated to start and Mark Sanchez reportedly turned them down so why not Mr. Tebow? Stephen A Smith was even onboard, which is astonishing in and of itself, however he pointed out one caveat: They should only sign Tebow if they didn't want to have a passing game.. Whatever...

Discuss...

I'm sure the retired Shaun King is going to play very well for them. I'm sure this is news to Shaun Hill, Garatt Gilbert, and Austin Davis the current quarterbacks on their roster. Last time I heard about Shaun King he was being kicked out of a local strip club for not having cash for his lapdance and going with the "Do you know who I am?".

Shaun Hill, 13 year veteran is the current starter, who is a career journey man. Tebow might not be a bad idea, but if you are going to making an argument for him no need to make the situation worse than it is.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n34907 said:
You don't think people can be leaders if they aren't starting? Have you seen the worthless QB's on rosters right now? Have you seen the Bills 3 quarterbacks?

The Bills still exist?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Because the media pressure to start Sam is the same as Tebow? The pressure to start a 7th round pick is so much greater than the media star and former first round pick are exactly the same.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW the bills just released Thad Lewis and are after Jordan Palmer.

Tebow to Rams would be cool, but I doubt it happens. Word is over the last few years Fischer is interested but the GM is against it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
There's no indication that the Rams are even considering it.
I dont even understand why we are discussing it. Stephen A and the scarecrow would suggest their mother-in-laws to st louis if they thought it would generate a ratings buzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.