Tennessee is in shambles; Embarrassing autocorrect on Twitter feed

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The ONLY reason anyone would pick UT to waltz into the Swamp and win is because they think Trask is going to be a disaster.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If Trask has some big games, he’ll become a media darling like Mustache. His story is too good. It’ll bring great attention to the program.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
If Trask has some big games, he’ll become a media darling like Mustache. His story is too good. It’ll bring great attention to the program.
Well, Mullen has experience coaching up guys without recruit rankings from his time at MSU. Maybe Trask can be his success story.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@DK_Thompson: If Tennessee scores only 3 points, that is the fewest points they’ve scored since 1994 in the rivalry.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
They look beaten.. like they knew this wasn’t a rivalry game either, they’re just our B!tches.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
After seeing UToothless today it only confirmed what little I had seen in prior games of theirs this season. They fkkiinngg stink out loud. I have to imagine that the state of Tinerc has the date on the calendar circled for this season's UToothless-Vandy tilt. PBS nor NPR would air that SHYT.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Please, please Peyton, save us! The team you could never beat, and we've lost to 27 of the last 34 times we've played, has crushed us again!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Please, please Peyton, save us! The team you could never beat, and we've lost to 27 of the last 34 times we've played, has crushed us again!

That’s gonna set Pruitt up for success in the locker room no doubt. :lol:

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yup -- ol' Phil will have to grudgingly come down from the ivory tower to coach for a bit while his buddy Peyton finds the next golden coach for UT. Shucks.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

giphy-downsized-large.gif

How the hell do you let something like this get out?

The plane's on fire - let's fly it into a mountain.

No one is taking this job - I mean no one.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yup -- ol' Phil will have to grudgingly come down from the ivory tower to coach for a bit while his buddy Peyton finds the next golden coach for UT. Shucks.
$100 bucks says he waits to fire him and insert himself as the interim savior until after the SC game. He’s not gonna subject himself to playing MSU, Bama, Jawja or the Cawks. :lol:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
giphy-downsized-large.gif

How the hell do you let something like this get out?

The plane's on fire - let's fly it into a mountain.

No one is taking this job - I mean no one.
I’m available at the right price with a big buyout. And I have just as much D-1 head coaching experience as Pruitt did when he got the job. And I could probably win as many SEC games as he will this season

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Why would they give a first time head coach this type of buyout?

Jeremy Pruitt's Tennessee Contract: Salary, Buyout, and Bonuses

If fired without cause efore his contract expires on Jan. 31, 2024, Pruitt is owed 60 percent of the remaining balance. For example, for simplicity's sake, if Pruitt is fired on Feb. 1, 2020, after his second season as head coach, Tennessee owes him 60 percent of $15.2 million ($3.8 million over four years): $9.12 million.

Full buyout breakdown:

Feb. 1, 2020: $9.12 million
Feb. 1, 2021: $6.84 million
Feb. 1, 2022: $4.56 million
Feb. 1, 2023: $2.28 million

If Pruitt left voluntarily before Dec. 15, 2018, the buyout would've been $6 million. It now decreases by $1 million each year until Dec. 15, 2022.

You can read Jeremy Prutt's entire contract here.

WTF.... just insanity. I wonder sometimes why these coaches even care once they sign below the dotted line. He could "leave voluntarily" and STILL collect $6 million?! Fired "without cause" and collect $9 million?!

I don't understand it. Do coaches turn down millions of dollars in salaries if they don't get a fat buyout? Are AD that desperate? Who the heck negotiates this?

I mean I get it if you are Urben, Saban or Dabo. But who the fvvk is Pruit to get a fat buyout like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator