Tennessee is in shambles; Embarrassing autocorrect on Twitter feed

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@BMF When I made my prediction I factored in the fact that the vols' 10-game SEC schedule and no cupcake games significantly affected their record. They likely would have been a 5 or 6 win team with a normal 12-game schedule, so me thinking that they will slightly improve to 6 or 7 wins is not a stretch.
They actually looked good.....

for two series then they were out of scripted offense I guess or they reached the limit of their memorized playbook.

They were ripping off plays like 1.5 seconds from the time the ref placed the ball. That uad me concerned thinking it takes Third and Grantham 0:40-1:30 just to signal a play, and often he hasn't figured it out even after a timeout.

After that they went back to looking like Tinerc.

The playbook itself though is the same middle school sideways spread option and screen pass game that Mullins runs. Given that we see that every day in practice you'd think even Third and Grantham could figure it out.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Didnt tin-r-c have a mass exodus in the portal? I expect them to maybe look ok at the first part of the games and then tank in the 2nd half pretty much all season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As long as they were rolling, they rolled. But when interrupted, they fizzled. I will have to see them again before I agree to be impressed.
Im not impressed. I was just concerned with the first two series, even against BG. That evaporated quickly.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at their schedule, six wins may be a heavy lift for them, especially if they lose to Pitt next week. They have two more cupcakes, Ole Miss (at home), Bama, and the SEC East. Their East roads games are UF, UK, and Mizzou. The only SEC teams I suspect they’ll beat are Vandy and maybe USCe and/or Ole Miss. And to me, Ole Miss looks doubtful.

I think they will beat Pitt. If they don't then I agree they likely won't win 6 games.

@Swamp Donkey I agree with how they looked on offense. The tempo may give us fits, but they should be easy to prepare for. I think defensively they have some good players and are at least more consistent than the offense. I didn't watch the game that closely, but they weren't afraid to load the box and press their receivers. If they do the same against us, then that may slow down our offense. I think we'll win by double digits, but I don't expect for us to score 38+.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think they will beat Pitt. If they don't then I agree they likely won't win 6 games.

@Swamp Donkey I agree with how they looked on offense. The tempo may give us fits, but they should be easy to prepare for. I think defensively they have some good players and are at least more consistent than the offense. I didn't watch the game that closely, but they weren't afraid to load the box and press their receivers. If they do the same against us, then that may slow down our offense. I think we'll win by double digits, but I don't expect for us to score 38+.

How do I know that Todd Exotic is gonna be in nickel and dime and blitzing from the field side all day against a team that can't throw the ball?

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How do I know that Todd Exotic is gonna be in nickel and dime and blitzing from the field side all day against a team that can't throw the ball?.
Well, he will certainly be in nickel because we are ALWAYS in nickel and always blitzing, running one gap and generally being unsound vs the run.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I don't think it matters what kind of offense we face. Up tempo, Super up tempo, super slow, WGAF? As long as Joe Lee Dunn Jr. is the DC, we will never be able to get lined up properly or on time and will always make more mental mistakes than any other team out there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
UT fans aren't as fun when their spirits are crushed. You don't see much ra-ra anymore over on VolNation. Most of their fans have predicted a 4-win season. 4 wins. It makes it a lot less fun to crush them, which we do no matter how mediocre we are.

We are looking at a 7 win season, but at least one of those 7 will be the Vols.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
UT fans aren't as fun when their spirits are crushed. You don't see much ra-ra anymore over on VolNation. Most of their fans have predicted a 4-win season. 4 wins. It makes it a lot less fun to crush them, which we do no matter how mediocre we are.

We are looking at a 7 win season, but at least one of those 7 will be the Vols.

There were already posts about this being the year they beat us and start dominating UF again even before Thursday. In 4 pages I saw one post that had the audacity to acknowledge that they’ve never actually dominated us at any time in history. Pretty sure it was in a thread entitled “This is a 9-3 Team”, just last week. Now that they won a game, that sentiment will be everywhere. Some things simply won’t change and vol fans being absurdly optimistic going into every season, including this year being the year with us, is one of them. It’s also one of my guilty pleasures reading it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.