Tennessee Postgame Podcast is up!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Trask did a great job. Really proud of the kid. Such a good kid and he is all Gator. I hope he continues and has great success. You would never have known it was his first game starting. He showed poise and confidence. Clean up a few things and who knows...

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Good stuff as usual Ox. I just love beating on tinerc.

After 2 weeks of watching Trask, here are my observations...

1. He makes throws Franks has never made in his time at UF. Against UK, he dropped a beautiful pass between 3 defenders. It required touch Franks has never shown he has. This belief in his accuracy got him in trouble with the first int today.

2. Trask has made the middle of the field an option again. Let's face it, Franks has never been one to throw in this area. It is no coincidence that Pitts had the biggest game of his career.

3. The biggest problem I see with Trask? His lack of experience. In my years of watching football, rookie QBs have always said, "There's only so much you can learn on the sideline." Trask will have so rough games as he gains that much needed experience. How he reacts will tell us whether he is the future.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tennessee sucking is a shame...

Lies.

Them sucking is both hilarious and satisfying.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Something else top add to my post. We have Pitts (6'6) and Grimes (6'5). How many of us have been clamoring for some jump balls? Use that height advantage like UK did to us. Well, it seems it wasn't a Mullen issue but a Franks. Trask threw 2 jump balls today. One was a big play on the first drive. The other was a pick. Still, we'll win those plays more often than not. Has Franks thrown one this year?

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
Good stuff as usual Ox. I just love beating on tinerc.

After 2 weeks of watching Trask, here are my observations...

1. He makes throws Franks has never made in his time at UF. Against UK, he dropped a beautiful pass between 3 defenders. It required touch Franks has never shown he has. This belief in his accuracy got him in trouble with the first int today.

2. Trask has made the middle of the field an option again. Let's face it, Franks has never been one to throw in this area. It is no coincidence that Pitts had the biggest game of his career.

3. The biggest problem I see with Trask? His lack of experience. In my years of watching football, rookie QBs have always said, "There's only so much you can learn on the sideline." Trask will have so rough games as he gains that much needed experience. How he reacts will tell us whether he is the future.

Agreed. I was impressed how Trask didn’t get rattled/nervous in the pocket, bit will need to get rid of it a little quicker when pressure comes but it’s a great start.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It did seem more positive today. Good job OX!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bottom line, Trask had a few "new guy" mistakes as expected. Held the ball too long (fumble) and forced a couple passes (picks) but his good plays FAR outshined his bad plays. I will go as far as saying today's game was a joy to watch because of the passing attack. Even when EJ was having some success late in the game, it was just boring to watch read-option running game. Plus I feel like the running game will open up if we simplify the running scheme with simpler blocking and force teams to defend the pass more.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really can't disagree with anything you said. It was pretty exciting watching the offense today when they didn't get in their own way or when the coaches didn't get in their way for them by taking out a hot QB and putting in a cold off the bench backup's backup that hasn't played well in either the spring game nor the reps he got against UTM. I hope Emery gets as good as some thought he would, but so far, his passing hasn't been stellar. He did make a nice throw today if I remember right. Needs to be more consistent with his accuracy though if he's going to be "the guy" in the future.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Is there a way to listen without creating a login? Tried posting the link to both Chrome and Edge, and it keeps defaulting to the home page/signin.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a way to listen without creating a login? Tried posting the link to both Chrome and Edge, and it keeps defaulting to the home page/signin.
Why are you posting the link instead of just clicking on the play button on the player at the top of the page? You do not need a login to listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.