Tennessee's Offensive Improvement since 2013

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
We've been lucky as of late. I don't know enough about our team this year (O or D) to really say we can win either side of the ball. I do believe that no matter when or where they hold us from converting on 3rd downs, we'll kick 3 pt daggers into their hearts. If the O and D can hold their own and keep it even, our kicking game wins it. If our D shows cracks and we get behind early, I pray our O can bring us back into the game. Right now, not enough data to make a call on it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They have Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara (scat back) at RB. They have Josh Malone at WR. And NOBODY ELSE. Who are they going to throw to? No tight ends. Believe it or not, our talent at wide receiver is light years ahead of Tennessee.

At running back they are a little more proven but not necessarily more talented.

I have no idea at QB.

Their old line is more seasoned; not necessarily more talented.

Our D line is light years ahead of their D line.

DBs aren't even close.

LB is a wash.

Coaching is not even close.

If we can just get somebody to complete passes we will annihilate them.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think our QB will be a hair better than theirs.

Perfect zing, Nardo ! I admit I sailed right through it, 'til Law's post slapped me. So I went back
to it to pin that well-earned like on it.

Like Bernardo de la Paz, you're so quiptic.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No one on this board should ever predict a Vol win until they prove it can be done. It will be another loss for them and in humuliating fashion.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
No one on this board should ever predict a Vol win until they prove it can be done. It will be another loss for them and in humuliating fashion.

Did someone predict they'd win?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't a RSF be on his second year on campus?

Yes. Our young guys who are in their second year on campus should be about 3rd on the depth chart instead of starting. They're average lineman, I believe, is in his 4th year on campus. We all know OL takes the longest to develop of any position. Anytime your offense is counting on 1st and 2nd year players to be the bulk of your OL, you're at a disadvantage.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yes. Our young guys who are in their second year on campus should be about 3rd on the depth chart instead of starting. They're average lineman, I believe, is in his 4th year on campus. We all know OL takes the longest to develop of any position. Anytime your offense is counting on 1st and 2nd year players to be the bulk of your OL, you're at a disadvantage.
I was just referring to the fact the poster said third year on campus for a RSF.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did someone predict they'd win?
NV came close, but nobody came right out and said UT was going to beat us.
Here's NVs quote: That goofy looking MFer Dobbs is going to run all over us again because we still don't know tackling fundamentals. I'm not looking forward to this game.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NV came close, but nobody came right out and said UT was going to beat us.
Here's NVs quote: That goofy looking MFer Dobbs is going to run all over us again because we still don't know tackling fundamentals. I'm not looking forward to this game.
:blahblah:

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
If Tennessee does manage to beat us this year, it will be ironic that Yorkie has been waiting 10 years to gloat and now he's banned on this board, so he'll be chest thumping to the crickets over on the other board.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Since 1990, Tinerc has had the better roster on paper about 75% of the time. They've won like 3 times in 25 years.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What's up with the 3 "dislike" ratings? This is simply an offseason topic, something to talk about - besides Dan's bets, of course. I welcome you 3 to start a topic to generate some football discussion.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's up with the 3 "dislike" ratings? This is simply an offseason topic, something to talk about - besides Dan's bets, of course. I welcome you 3 to start a topic to generate some football discussion.

There. I just threw you a "like".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look, BMF, we understand that you've decided to admit your mancrush on Payton Manning. It's ok. KanellJay came out of the closet too.

Don't worry. No way we will rib you about it incessantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.