The Bright Side

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The bright side is we don't have to play Kentucky again this year

We will play opponents that are much better unfortunately. Sadly, I believed the hype and expected the defense to be back to the caliber we’ve come to expect. Maybe not having Marco and Cece had something to do with it, but I think we’re just average at this stage. Our safeties are definitely below average and our D-linemen are only average. Our linebackers are OK, but we don’t have guys that are playmakers right now. Our offense actually did enough to have a chance to win (mind you the Franks INT was really bad), but the defense didn’t make a play all night aside from the Henderson interception. That is alarming.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You heard SOS being interviewed during the game. He didn't hesitate to offer his opinion on what Mullen needs to do first. Recruit a top five class.
Mullen has never recruited a top 5 class. Hopefully nobody will tell me that he did when Urban Meyer was our HC because Mullen did not recruit those classes. "But he did help recruit them". So what?

You have to be an "it" coach with good recruiters to get there absent a winning tradition. Then once you get the players you win and the cycle repeats itself- it becomes easier, the norm.

This team will get better and more accustomed to Mullen's offense as the season progresses. As for Grantham, good God, man. Tackle drills and more tackle drills.
You can only dress up a pig so much, though. We're as desperate for big able bodies as I can ever recall. We ain't going anywhere until we address that.
Did the staff not see the need for forcus on fundementals from last season's film? You could say the staff failed. But during pressers Mullen is candidly speaking about players needing to learn to practice better. What's that mmean, that he has no control? Do the coaches fail to see player's mediocre attitude and technique in practice? If they are seeing it in practice- and they have to be- then why isn't Mullen correcting it? If they are not seeing it in practice why is he saying it in a post loss press conference. Is he lying?

It's one thing if the players were behind in training and conditioning but after more than 6 months that should have been taken care of. It makes one feel as if being sold a load of popo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.