Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Taggert and Strong? So Law is right about it being a diversity hire.
Strong is a Gator.

Taggart is diversity hire. Apparently we are supposed to appease the Miami Fruit Rollup crowd who were livid that Taggart wasnt hired over Rev Richt.

Corey Bell is also on there BEST COACHES EVER list. We saw how that worked out.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I've also seen some on here advocating to just keep Shannon at this point, like LSU did with Ogre. I really hope it don't come to that. I like Shannon being on the staff, i think he's a good influence on the players and they respect him, but I don't think he has what it takes to be head coach here. I know he took over a tough situation these last four games, and except for the Mizzou game, the team seemed to play hard, but I don't know how the hell he could watch this atrocious offensive play calling by Nuss over the past few years and not make a change. He didn't have to fire Nuss, just let someone else call plays for the last 4 games. I don't want to hear that nobody else on staff had experience at calling plays either, we saw for years what Nuss could do and he had several years experience at calling plays. To me this is the biggest sign that Shannon can't be CEO over this program. He wasn't willing to try, just try something different, what the hell did he have to lose? Instead we just continued to do the same stuff we've done the last couple of years, rinse and repeat.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Strange... I would have thought the rumors would be flying today but it is super quiet. Makes me nervous just have an awful feeling were going to get screwed.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have a feeling its going to be Strong as HC, SOS as OC, and Randy Shannon as DC

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Obviously depends on the source of the rumor. Either way, it runs counter to the notion that Frost and Nebraska are a done deal.

If you look at things objectively, Campbell may very well be a better hire for them, as I think his "up against the world" motivational approach fits their type player better than at some of the bigger jobs. And Frost has no chance of consistently landing the types of players he needs for his system at Nebraska. If we landed Frost, and they got Campbell, I think both teams would've made the best hires that could've been made.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Same here. I have 0% confidence in Stricklin.

Didn't Stricklin promise it would be a discrete process? You don't judge the merit of a search based on internet rumors. You base it on the results.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you look at things objectively, Campbell may very well be a better hire for them, as I think his "up against the world" motivational approach fits their type player better than at some of the bigger jobs. And Frost has no chance of consistently landing the types of players he needs for his system at Nebraska. If we landed Frost, and they got Campbell, I think both teams would've made the best hires that could've been made.

I fully endorse what you just said, and I'll add this. The one constant you saw about Kelly and Florida over the past two weeks was the utter fear an alliance would invoke. Frost runs the same offense. Put him in command at Florida and you have the makings of the same dynamic. It makes worlds more sense for him to go to Florida than Nebraska. Unless, again, intangibles out of our control win out.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Stricklin promise it would be a discrete process? You don't judge the merit of a search based on internet rumors. You base it on the results.
I think what everyone is upset with is that Stricklin was not discrete. He trolled the fanbase and made it a public topic of discussion. He could have easily said that UF is conducting its coaching search by speaking to multiple coaches/representatives. We have no leaders or agreements. We are simply vetting all of our options. Instead he tweeted and tweeted again and again.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You operate from a submarine before the season is over and switch over to a Naval destroyer after. There's been plenty going on.

I agree no "time" was wasted by making a run at kelly, and a sub can and does move faster in some circumstances than your destroyer, at least a modern hunter killer one does. Silent but deadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator