The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Just saw McElroy, David Pollack and the female host on ESPNU talking about potential candidates. They talked about Lane Kiffin, his points per game at FAU and how he’s doing a great job there. I laughed so hard I spit my beer up. :lmao2:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Count me in the hope it's not Taggert list. That don't at all excite me. If the rumor is true that we've spoken to him then it's safe to say we will be settling on a coach because he shouldn't even be on the top 10 list. I'm going to hold out hope that Strickland gets it done with Frost

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please make it stop :facepalm: making new acronyms for established programs is tedious and unnecessary :deadhorse:
It's not new, and I didn't make it up. It's been established for a few years now....just ask Dalvin Cook

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The usual joke BS. Obviously written by people who know nothing about the program.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A simple phone call from Fuchs. That's not an issue in my mind. At issue is the mutual interest of Kelly and Florida.
Too much money involved to lose TV $$$. SEC is looking for concrete controls and guarantees the school will ensure no NCAA violations.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And I wear slim taper thank you very much. If you're still sporting jnco wide pants at the ankle in 2017 you need to understand the majority of the population on planet earth is laughing at you
TMI

NTTAWWT

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I heard that the Oregon coach is happy there and not coming. Same with Mullen. It might be BS, but maybe not.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Man oh man some of these lists are absolutely god awful. You'd think these people being paid salary to follow college football closely would have a better pulse on the situation. Some are even saying Kiffin.

If there's anything I feel semi confident on is that Stricklin isn't going to go "smartest guy in the room" approach the way Foley did. He will start with the best options, negotiate and go from there. If we do land on Taggart or Campbell it'll be because they were the next closest option. And landing on them still ain't that bad. The pool for coaches is way better this time around

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The more I read about Campbell, the more I think we really need to consider the guy. He may not seem as sexy of a candidate as Frost, but he's done some remarkable things in a short space.

I'm no better than lukewarm on Taggart. Suddenly we seem to have a huge connection to Oregon. Weird.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
The more I read about Campbell, the more I think we really need to consider the guy. He may not seem as sexy of a candidate as Frost, but he's done some remarkable things in a short space.

I'm no better than lukewarm on Taggart. Suddenly we seem to have a huge connection to Oregon. Weird.
I think Taggart could do well overall. Would have a good offense, would recruit Florida like crazy. But he's still not in my top 4. But if our top 6 is: Frost, Kelly, Norvell, Fuente, Taggart, Campbell. That's a hell of a list and we got a head start on EVERYONE when it comes to calling these guys.

Maybe they feel the heat that we are trying to wrap it up soon and have their agents really negotiating hard behind closed doors. I do think we get this right

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Taggart could do well overall. Would have a good offense, would recruit Florida like crazy. But he's still not in my top 4. But if our top 6 is: Frost, Kelly, Norvell, Fuente, Taggart, Campbell. That's a hell of a list and we got a head start on EVERYONE when it comes to calling these guys.

Maybe they feel the heat that we are trying to wrap it up soon and have their agents really negotiating hard behind closed doors. I do think we get this right

We have a huge advantage being able to reach out early through intermediaries. It feels like 2004 all over again. I hope we get a 2004-like hire.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have a huge advantage being able to reach out early through intermediaries. It feels like 2004 all over again. I hope we get a 2004-like hire.
except with more longevity, and less fake heart attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.