The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
There’s a lot of noise on Twitter right now regarding Taggart. Young, really good, energetic coach. And he has Cristobal with him. Probably the best recruiter in the nation.

Would he leave after one year at Oregon? Is he unhappy there?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think it's Kelly......AD knows we've struck out trying to bunt....Chimp & Mac, I think he knows it's time to swing for the fences and open the check book which always seemed to get stuck in Foleys pocket...

Doubt it, Kelly's would do great here don't get me wrong, but i think he's kind of a risk. He's had the NCAA sniffing around him already for one and he wants to be in the NFL more than college. Couldn't see him sticking around long if he came.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I thought you were supposed to mourn losing Butters for at least three days. Ya hoar.

Mac seems like a good dude and I’ve said that multiple times. He’s just not as good of a coach as I thought he was (and was led to believe). This year was make or break and to say it has broken is an understatement.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Frost is great...on paper. His heart though is with UNL (I know, don't write). We may just have forced Nebraska's hand into going for him. Read somewhere that all they would have to do is send Tom Osborne to ask and it's done.

What worries me is that if Frost signs on here, it will just be a quick stepping stone to UNL - just like the Head Esophagus did but minus the NCs.

We're a better job than Nebraska and he knows that. He can come here win his natty title or 2, then if he wants to go home, he can.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tell me Frost wouldn't be intrigued by the job after watching this....I think I have it cued up to the right spot

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I know I'll get roasted for this but I would prefer an offense where the QB lines up under center at least 50% of the time and not some zone read gimmick based shotgun offense. I'd much rather see a QB like Danny Wuerffel than Tim Tebow, I know that's heresy around here.

I don't care where the QB lines up, as long as the offense works is all that matters.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Charlie Strong with his young OC Sterling Gilbert have been putting up points at USF. The offense at UT with frosh QB Shane Buechele was quite good. Why not him? His defense at UT failed him. Offense was never an issue. Racist boosters at Texas did not want any part of him. In a few weeks Frost and Strong will duke it out to represent their division in AAC.

It'll be worth watching, that's for sure.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac seems like a good dude and I’ve said that multiple times. He’s just not as good of a coach as I thought he was (and was led to believe). This year was make or break and to say it has broken is an understatement.
I'm just hackin on ya.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A good dude? How do you figure? He was always dishonest and arrogant. What exactly was it about him that screamed "good dude "? I can't remember him ever giving a straight answer on anything.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
And I can't say it enough, the guy played at Mount Union. If there's any college football program at ANY level that knows the process to winning, it's them. He's even said that he pulled a lot of the same things they did at Mount into his coaching strategy at Toledo and ISU.

His buyout is 9 mil i read, do we pay that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.