The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I know Gundy is 2-11 against his biggest rival. That's a known answer that I find alarming.
Yep me too. But my assertion has always been that OK State is not on the level with Oklahoma or Texas. If Gundy had that record at those two schools I wouldn't even look at him.
Then I ask myself what is Frost's record against rivals? Don't know, hasn't played them yet. And it can easily be argued that UCF is the top echelon of the AAC. They aren't punching up.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep me too. But my assertion has always been that OK State is not on the level with Oklahoma or Texas. If Gundy had that record at those two schools I wouldn't even look at him.
Then I ask myself what is Frost's record against rivals? Don't know, hasn't played them yet. And it can easily be argued that UCF is the top echelon of the AAC. They aren't punching up.

Yeah, 0-12 is upper echelon alright...That's where they were before Frost got there.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Anybody that thinks we should hire brian shaw, doesn't watch football.
So, educate me. I do watch SEC football but very little west coast football. I thought I saw a school with severe recruiting restrictions playing solid, winning football.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp part 2. Run run run punt.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Yeah, 0-12 is upper echelon alright...That's where they were before Frost got there.
C'mon be honest. UCF is usually at the top of that conference. In fact they finished tied for first the previous year. They team quit on O'Leary in 2015 and O'Leary quit on them. Frost took them to 6-7 the next year which just about anybody with a pulse could've done.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
C'mon be honest. UCF is usually at the top of that conference. In fact they finished tied for first the previous year. They team quit on O'Leary in 2015 and O'Leary quit on them. Frost took them to 6-7 the next year which just about anybody with a pulse could've done.
You've used this logic defying nonsense before. That you thought it was sound enough to repeat, at the very least, calls into question your evaluation skills. :lol:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You've used this logic defying nonsense before. That you thought it was sound enough to repeat, at the very least, calls into question your evaluation skills. :lol:
What is logic defying about that? UCF has consistently been a pretty good team. They had a down year in 2015, a year in which the coach quit/was fired. It's not like UCF has been the dregs of that conference and Frost suddenly turned them around. What is hard to understand?

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What is logic defying about that? UCF has consistently been a pretty good team. They had a down year in 2015, a year in which the coach quit/was fired. It's not like UCF has been the dregs of that conference and Frost suddenly turned them around. What is hard to understand?
That they had a good team in place and after all their success the team just up and quit on their coach.

The team Frost inherited sucked. Sorry. And his success now is tied to the kids he recruited and the systems he put in place. Those are the facts.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So, educate me. I do watch SEC football but very little west coast football. I thought I saw a school with severe recruiting restrictions playing solid, winning football.

I’m just not sure his smash mouth style of offense will work here. Seems like we tried this already and it hasn’t worked. We need to get back to the wide open offenses and utilize all the speed we have access to in this state. With Shaw it would just seem like we were once again trying to copy the Bama blueprint of playing football, I think we need to go back to what made us wildly successful in the past.

Mim Jacelwain

Oct 30, 2017
Will this place be in full meltdown if we don't get Frost? We seem to be putting all our faith in hiring him.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Will this place be in full meltdown if we don't get Frost? We seem to be putting all our faith in hiring him.

I won't melt down. As it is I think the chances of getting him are 50/50 at best.

What I anticipate is that if he loses a game people will flee the bandwagon in knee jerk fashion and the naysayers will be all over it. Either way, it won't change my opinion that he is the best reasonable choice to turn our fortunes around.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
That they had a good team in place and after all their success the team just up and quit on their coach.

The team Frost inherited sucked. Sorry. And his success now is tied to the kids he recruited and the systems he put in place. Those are the facts.

So a team that went
10-4 (7-1) in 2012
12-1(8-0) in 2013
9-4 (7-1) in 2014
Just suddenly lost all their talent in 2015? Did everybody graduate in 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator