The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You'd give your right testicle to have someone like Woody Hayes, wouldn't you?
he was boring and bat sht crazy near the end but he won football games.........(he was actually a fine man who studied history and did a lot for local vets )

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
42 pages and you still havent hired our new guys..............you remind me of the new congress trying to undo all the
pain from Obammmar.............all hat and no boots..........

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014

“Long time beat writers - the guys who are rarely wrong” Bawwwaaaww!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What comes through is how leaky the athletic department is in spite of assurances to the contrary from Stricklin. Either that or Twitter is full of blowhards seeking their 3 minutes of fame.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
We need to hire us a coach with 5 letters in his first name and recruit us a QB who's the son of a preacher man........

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
There isn't an HC out there without risks of falling short.

This is the challenge. Identifying a coach who is not too short on experience (whether that is head coach experience or having the pedigree of experience), and getting a coach who is not short on offensive production, can change the culture, and get the players to buy in immediately.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Lastly and more importantly, his last name starts with "M," which is the 13th letter of the alphabet and has proven (with the last two coaches especially) to be terribly unlucky, the lone exception being Meyer, who's luck was influenced by some dude named Tebow.

Well, that clinches it...the next coach of UF football will be...

Mike Mularkey, former UF tight end, and current Tennessee Titans head coach.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
What comes through is how leaky the athletic department is in spite of assurances to the contrary from Stricklin. Either that or Twitter is full of blowhards seeking their 3 minutes of fame.

I vote for your second option!

Stricklin said there would be lots of rumors floating about. It would be difficult for someone in the know (especially a media member) to keep private information private, especially if they heard hair-brained rumors being thrown about as fact on Twitter or wherever. Everyone wants to be the first to tell the secret.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Brett_McMurphy: Consecutive games scoring 30+ points: FAU, Notre Dame & UCF 7; Arizona & Memphis 5; Arkansas State & Mississippi State 4

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, stricklin said there was gonna be a bunch of rumors out there.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
just flipped through the UCF/Memphis game. UCF on offense looks a lot like Urban's offense. Their QB didn't carry the ball too much and when he did it was usually so wide open even Chris Leak would run. I do think, like Urban, Frost would have to make some adjustments to the system, but as he has said, it is a system. With Corral I think they have the flexibility to run less option and more pass, if they wanted to. I do wonder if Corral would bail on this type of system and look to Bama or LSU. UCF also seems pretty disciplined except for some weird penalties.

I wasn't impressed with Memphis very much. I'm sure it was a bad game and all of that, but their QB didn't seem very good at all. At least not in that game. UCF just seemed better prepared and more up to task. Definitely agree that Frost appears to have more coaching intangibles.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LOL

@LantaBenzion: Incredible idea from @TheNikkoTan:

At the end of the season Florida plays Nebraska in the Frost Bowl.

Winner gets Scott Frost.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need to hire us a coach with 5 letters in his first name and recruit us a QB who's the son of a preacher man........
Interesting theory.
Scott Frost has 5 letters in his first name :scratchchin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator