The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I'm holding high hopes for a Kelly or Frost while at the same time preparing myself for a Strong or Norvell.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know Stricklin wanted to wait until after the season before things are announced or even leaked. And that would've been fine if we were even remotely well coached by the interim staff, or if the players showed some signs of responding. But as is, I'm not sure we can wait that long. The UF program is crumbling before our eyes. Of course we know next year will arrive. But we need an announcement that there is hope on the horizon. I'm 37, witnessed the 80's first hand, sat through '13, and still have never been as disgusted as I am right now.

Also hope SS sticks it to JM in every way imaginable. He deserves nothing but bad fortune the rest of his life.

I had no idea you were that "young". I really value the level headed wisdom and insight that you and Cover post. I guess I always assumed you must be an old fogie like him.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm waiting for Crucial to chime in, and then believing the opposite of whatever he says :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Other than that 36 hours has passed without additional impetus to the rumor, I'm not sure you can rule Kelly out. He's been around the block a few times. Getting a guy like that to commit and to hammer out the terms would take a little time.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Chip Kelly needs a new job if for no other reason than to hire a new tailor. His jacket was about two sizes too small yesterday. :fatnanner:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Whomever of the big guns we get, history has certainly showed us that quality stability of the assistants is just as important. OC, DC, S&C, WR, OL and off course DCRU. (Debit card reduction unit)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I had no idea you were that "young". I really value the level headed wisdom and insight that you and Cover post. I guess I always assumed you must be an old fogie like him.

He's one of those "old souls" we hear about. Mature beyond his years.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm saying whenever someone says "probably" they are speculating. Had he said "Our next HC is coaching his team till the end of the season" it holds more weight than "Our HC probably or may be coaching his team.

Spurrier does not dodge answering questions with the truth, however, if ethics required Steve to not undermine what the AD is doing, he could resort to inserting a "probably or maybe" to respond.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

He's one of those "old souls" we hear about. Mature beyond his years.

I don't know about that, but thanks, to both of you.

I'll say this. My oldest stopped unexpectedly on his bike yesterday, causing me to hit my own breaks to avoid him and subsequently flip over the handle bars into the bushes...and I'm not feeling so "young" today.:lol:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know about that, but thanks, to both of you.

I'll say this. My oldest stopped unexpectedly on his bike yesterday, causing me to hit my own breaks to avoid him and subsequently flip over the handle bars into the bushes...and I'm not feeling so "young" today.:lol:

I know the feeling. We were at a friend's house yesterday and their teenage boys were riding around on ripsticks. Being an avid skater and surfer in my youth.... I knew I could do this contraption. Which I mastered after a few minutes. So my ego now inflated and a few beers in me, I had to ride it from the street and over the curb onto their driveway. Im very lucky that I didnt shatter my wrist. I told my wife that I need her to talk me out of things like this.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015

Been there done that, only I landed in the road, not the bushes. Woke up in the emergency room with a vague memory of looking at the roof of the ambulance. Concussion, broken wrist on right, broken clavicle on left, and a couple of ribs. Not feeling "young" is an understatement!

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I've been posting with Sofla for years and always assumed the next year could be his last.

37? You're very mellow mannered for your age Sofla, in a good way

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've been posting with Sofla for years and always assumed the next year could be his last.

What's funny about that is I've been posting with you for years and always assumed the next year would be your first in puberty.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Holy smokes, now I'm at death's door?:lol:

Gonna have to take a look at how I post going forward. Never realized any of this.

I will say, I'm not entirely comfortable with any of you on my lawn.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Holy smokes, now I'm at death's door?:lol:

Gonna have to take a look at how I post going forward. Never realized any of this.

I will say, I'm not entirely comfortable with any of you on my lawn.
I've always assumed you were middle aged, but not Old Man River or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator