Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The current state of the board is about the same as the current state of the Gator Nation. Some want Fooley's hide, some (mostly two former UAA interns) are carrying his water, but most have just turned it off.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n224104 said:
As Americans ( I believe we all are, but foreign gator fans are welcomed too) freedom of speech is ingrained in our upbringing. A society with open discussions, debates and an exchange of ideas is a sign of civilized humans. Now in that group are those more outspoken, vocal, passionate about a subject, deal with it! This is also the internet where keyboard warriors sometimes allow a nasty side (the dark side *cue evil laugh*) to take over, similar to road rage in vehicles, grow a thicker skin, learn to use the ignore feature, laugh it off. To go off meekly in to the night and stop posting? c'mon grow a pair! Stay part of the conversation, join up with the sunshine pumpers and throw light on that dark spot, eventually it will fade, maybe even fade away.

This is the best board on the planet!! I enjoy my fellow posters, Gator family members, :grouphug:We've fallen on hard times as a program, but we aren't fair weather fans like most programs have. We will be back on top one day, almost everyone will be happy and we'll look back on the beginning of this board and laugh about those early threads..

Ox, thanks a million again for getting this up and running, good luck on the new job and restoration of the car, it's summer, let the loonies run the insane asylum until season gets near.

Go Gators

It takes all kinds of posters to make the world go around. Rub some dirt on it and tape it up.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n224106 said:
The current state of the board is about the same as the current state of the Gator Nation. Some won't Fooley's hide, some (mostly UAA interns, are carrying his water, but most have just turned it off.

Ya' know Law, you can be insightful when you want to but I think most of what you just posted is crap. The Gator Nation is just fine. Despite what we've had to endure for a while,and especially the last few years, it's still great to be a Gator and not some crappy Nole or Cane. Sometimes life has to really suck to appreciate the good times. I have no doubt we are in store for a lot more good times.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
200.gif

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n224121 said:
Ya' know Law, you can be insightful when you want to but I think most of what you just posted is crap. The Gator Nation is just fine. Despite what we've had to endure for a while,and especially the last few years, it's still great to be a Gator and not some crappy Nole or Cane. Sometimes life has to really suck to appreciate the good times. I have no doubt we are in store for a lot more good times.

well gee if football is not your only sport everything is good.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n224121 said:

^This!
Since when did Gator Nation adopt an entitlement mentality? I grew up a Gator knowing we had to work our asses off for everything and it wasn't always going to be wine and roses. I guess times like this is what truly separates the men from the (Law's) boys. Tough times don't last...tough people do. Go Gators!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n224091 said:
I bet gatorfever did have a few people considering suicide before he finally got canned.
FIFY

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator J and navet helpful hahahaha

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n224135 said:
Gator J and navet helpful hahahaha

It would be nice if they would just clear the cache every 6 hours 3 times a day whether it needs it or not.:facepalm:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I don't post much, partly because football and basketball are a mess (which has curbed my enthusiasm), and partly because I realize my posts don't often have the type of entertaining comic gold that many others can produce. So, I semi-lurk, mostly...

That said, I totally agree with how Ox runs this board and the direction he wants to maintain. We've taken a beating lately, but I witnessed similar frustration in the 70s and 80s. Some of the more failure-intolerant posters on here seem to be the younger generation who don't understand life before SOS and Billy, and also are more active on social media - those two factors amplify the negativity. I'm not saying we should settle for mediocrity, but rather understand the rebuilding process will take time, especially considering the damage done by the previous football coach.

BTW - looks like GCMB has become more smart-phone friendly for my Galaxy III - thanks, Ox! For a while there, my phone would lock up and wasn't easy to use when it loaded without error...

Okay, final thought and I hope this will inspire the GCMB to get with the program - "OVER? It's not over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???" You can't ignore a classic.

VirginiaGator

VA to RI to FL
Jul 9, 2014
Ok fine...... I'll post more USA Soccer threads...We have some big games coming up across the pond. Also have the gold cup and Womens world cup.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I really think we have some overly sensitive fans right now. The truth hurts it seems. The foley talk would have subsided by itself. It was a current topic because he had just hired a new basketball coach. This is a bit unnecessary IMHO. Even Swamp Gas is dealing with negativity. It's there.

Does it make anyone less a fan? Does it mean that I or any of you will cheer any less next season? No. I certainly appreciate those great seasons even more.

I hope no one would quit posting because they can't handle an opposing opinion. That's just plain ridiculous.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n224136 said:
It would be nice if they would just clear the cache every 6 hours 3 times a day whether it needs it or not.:facepalm:

I asked Ox for his password so I could handle it for him, but for some reason he didn't feel comfortable giving it to me.:dunno:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n224129 said:
Since when did Gator Nation adopt an entitlement mentality?
Dude, it's not entitlement. You have to work pretty hard to eff up the flagship program in the state with the most talent as badly as the two Keystone Cops did. Frankly, almost any coach anywhere could do a better job. Fooley owns it.

S

skyflake

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everything will become better when UF gets a decent quarterback. Forget the offensive line, linebackers, receivers, etc. etc. If you have a good quarterback, you've got a chance. We have not a clue if there is one on campus right now. Harris didn't wow anyone with his performance last year. The best thing that could be said about him was that he wasn't Jeff Driskel. Grier is tabula rasa, but I think it would have leaked out is he was as good as the recent Heisman winners that were redshirt freshmen. Everyone heaps abuse on Muschamp, but how many coaches could win eleven games with Jeff Driskel at the helm?
The future of Florida football can be much better very soon if Harris improves his passing skills or Grier can play. Forget the "stars" they had coming out of high school. What did that mean with Brantley or Driskel? The dire situation is if a good quarterback is not on campus. The transfers, Del Rio and Grady, are scrubs that no one expects to see play, and if either does, it means that both Harris and Grier are unable to play by injury or inability. That leaves UF needing a true freshman, who hasn't even committed yet, to rescue UF in 2016.
So there you have it, as the commercial says, it's not complicated.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
skyflake;n224157 said:
Everything will become better when UF gets a decent quarterback. Forget the offensive line, linebackers, receivers, etc. etc. If you have a good quarterback, you've got a chance. We have not a clue if there is one on campus right now. Harris didn't wow anyone with his performance last year. The best thing that could be said about him was that he wasn't Jeff Driskel. Grier is tabula rasa, but I think it would have leaked out is he was as good as the recent Heisman winners that were redshirt freshmen. Everyone heaps abuse on Muschamp, but how many coaches could win eleven games with Jeff Driskel at the helm?
The future of Florida football can be much better very soon if Harris improves his passing skills or Grier can play. Forget the "stars" they had coming out of high school. What did that mean with Brantley or Driskel? The dire situation is if a good quarterback is not on campus. The transfers, Del Rio and Grady, are scrubs that no one expects to see play, and if either does, it means that both Harris and Grier are unable to play by injury or inability. That leaves UF needing a true freshman, who hasn't even committed yet, to rescue UF in 2016.
So there you have it, as the commercial says, it's not complicated.

Could you at least pretend to be a different poster. :lol: Or is this an alias of a regular here?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A good QB completely changes programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics