The current state of the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltyAlbert

Shoot the curl
Aug 19, 2014
If you're posting on the board you're a Gator fan (minus a select few). But you cannot take an honest look at the state of our two programs and say anything but, it's tough to be a Gator fan. The current criticism is well warranted. It will be a long offseason, but hopefully our two new coaches will show improvement and start getting results.
Go Gators!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
SaltyAlbert;n224186 said:
If you're posting on the board you're a Gator fan (minus a select few). But you cannot take an honest look at the state of our two programs and say anything but, it's tough to be a Gator fan. The current criticism is well warranted. It will be a long offseason, but hopefully our two new coaches will show improvement and start getting results.
Go Gators!
After 10 months he finally posts! :faint:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n224154 said:
Dude, it's not entitlement. You have to work pretty hard to eff up the flagship program in the state with the most talent as badly as the two Keystone Cops did. Frankly, almost any coach anywhere could do a better job. Fooley owns it.
And you revel in it. YOU are the most negative person on here. You've adopted this smartass persona that has gotten out of control and you don't know how to get away from it at this point. YOU are ruining the board. For some reason, about 4-5 have flocked to you like stink to **** and now they beat the same drum...IN EVERY SINGLE THREAD. Is that really necessary? What's your goal in doing it?
We all get it. You don't like Foley. How many ****ing times do you have to say it? Grow up FFS. It's nauseating, Law. You used to be much better than this.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
SaltyAlbert;n224189 said:
Hah! I'm finally able to post from my iphone.
I'm curious about this. The new software update focused on streamlining the mobile site. Why can you post now when you couldn't before? What's the difference?

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In my current job I have travelled for the past 8 years. I live in Tallahassee and I always wear orange and blue when departing and orange and blue when coming home. I have not taken one single trip that I did not get a "Go Gators" in NYC, Boston, Montreal, Winnipeg, Omaha, Kansas City, Sacramento, St. Louis, Juneau, Seattle, Denver, Montgomery, Louisville, Dallas, San Antonio, and other destinations I am not recalling right now. Never failed to get a "Go Gators". While most of those I meet lament the current condition of the football and basketball programs. they are also appreciative of the athletic program as a whole and are frankly, proud to be Gators.

As of today we have:

National Champion Gymnastics team (and a couple of individual winners).
National Champion Softball team beginning defense of their title.
Men's Track and Field running away with the SEC Championship.
Women's Tennis in the NCAA Quarterfinals.
Men's Golf team qualifying for the NCAA Championship tournament (kind of a surprise).
Men's Baseball completing the regular season 40-15 and certain to host a first round of the NCAA Championship.

We either win or challenge for the Capital One Cup each year and we win the SEC all sports award about every year. The state of the overall athletic program is as good as it has ever been.

I love Gators sports and I love to see our teams and athletes succeed...especially those that are also making the all-academic teams. I am okay with calling us a Gymnastics school, or a Softball school, or a Track and Field school, until football and basketball get back on track.

There is a lot to cheer about and I wish the board would recognize this and focus on the successes we are having instead of the failures that have occurred. As long as we are no longer a football school, at least we have a lot to be proud of while we make our way back!

S

skyflake

Founding Member
Founding Member
TallyGator;n224220 said:
In my current job I have travelled for the past 8 years. I live in Tallahassee and I always wear orange and blue when departing and orange and blue when coming home. I have not taken one single trip that I did not get a "Go Gators" in NYC, Boston, Montreal, Winnipeg, Omaha, Kansas City, Sacramento, St. Louis, Juneau, Seattle, Denver, Montgomery, Louisville, Dallas, San Antonio, and other destinations I am not recalling right now. Never failed to get a "Go Gators". While most of those I meet lament the current condition of the football and basketball programs. they are also appreciative of the athletic program as a whole and are frankly, proud to be Gators.

As of today we have:

National Champion Gymnastics team (and a couple of individual winners).
National Champion Softball team beginning defense of their title.
Men's Track and Field running away with the SEC Championship.
Women's Tennis in the NCAA Quarterfinals.
Men's Golf team qualifying for the NCAA Championship tournament (kind of a surprise).
Men's Baseball completing the regular season 40-15 and certain to host a first round of the NCAA Championship.

We either win or challenge for the Capital One Cup each year and we win the SEC all sports award about every year. The state of the overall athletic program is as good as it has ever been.

I love Gators sports and I love to see our teams and athletes succeed...especially those that are also making the all-academic teams. I am okay with calling us a Gymnastics school, or a Softball school, or a Track and Field school, until football and basketball get back on track.

There is a lot to cheer about and I wish the board would recognize this and focus on the successes we are having instead of the failures that have occurred. As long as we are no longer a football school, at least we have a lot to be proud of while we make our way back!

No one cares about the sports you so proudly list. I think, I recall from somewhere, that Florida is a football school. No one cares about some Capital One Cup, and almost everyone would trade it in a heartbeat for a measly East division title in football. Florida IS a football school and it's sad that you seem thrilled about gymnastics, softball, etc. I could care less about how many folks say "Go Gators" since it wins zero games in the only sport that matters. By the way, it's not nearly as rosy as you depict. Maybe a lot of people are saying "Go Gators,"but the most meaningful sign is what people do with their wallets. There is an easy an effective way to learn the true measure of how well a program is doing. Go to your favorite retailer and look at the clearance rack for sports apparel. If you check now, and this has been the case for a while now, you'll find the school with the overwhelming representation is Florida. If these other sports mattered, would that be the case?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's ironic that in the thread Ox created to talk about that state of union and not wanting to ban people.... will get snowflake banned.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n224201 said:
I'm curious about this. The new software update focused on streamlining the mobile site. Why can you post now when you couldn't before? What's the difference?

I have always used Safari on iphone with zero issues. But this new format is bad. There is no longer a blue arrow to go to last read post, it doesn't display who/when the last post was made, and most importantly... it doesn't even show if I've read the last post.

It only shows the thread title, who/when it was made, how many views, and how many replies. I was going to send a screenshot, but it doesn't appear I can post a pic now either. I can do that tomorrow from work PC.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
aka;n224121 said:
Ya' know Law, you can be insightful when you want to but I think most of what you just posted is crap. The Gator Nation is just fine. Despite what we've had to endure for a while,and especially the last few years, it's still great to be a Gator and not some crappy Nole or Cane. Sometimes life has to really suck to appreciate the good times. I have no doubt we are in store for a lot more good times.

1st underline: where's the UNLIKE button.

2nd underline: You're a post SOS era Gator. Us pre SOS Gators suffered enough to last a lifetime.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n224227 said:
I have always used Safari on iphone with zero issues. But this new format is bad. There is no longer a blue arrow to go to last read post, it doesn't display who/when the last post was made, and most importantly... it doesn't even show if I've read the last post.

It only shows the thread title, who/when it was made, how many views, and how many replies. I was going to send a screenshot, but it doesn't appear I can post a pic now either. I can do that tomorrow from work PC.
There is a blue arrow on the left side of the title that takes you to the last read post, and it goes from bold to unbold when you've read the thread. As for who made the last post, that's not that important (unless it's Wobble, then you know not to bother to click).

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
T REX;n224144 said:
I really think we have some overly sensitive fans right now. The truth hurts it seems. The foley talk would have subsided by itself. It was a current topic because he had just hired a new basketball coach. This is a bit unnecessary IMHO. Even Swamp Gas is dealing with negativity. It's there.

Does it make anyone less a fan? Does it mean that I or any of you will cheer any less next season? No. I certainly appreciate those great seasons even more.

I hope no one would quit posting because they can't handle an opposing opinion. That's just plain ridiculous.

This. As fans we are all gonna cheer for the team next year, and we'll bitch when things don't go right. Be glad that we have a place where we can bitch and blow off some steam without being banned.
I was banned from another site at the end of the 2013 season for less than half of what I've seen on here following losses and during game threads. Imagine that.....Despite all of that I jumped into last season with full support of the team and coaches as well as the AD. Believe it or not many on here had opposing views to my enthusiasm which I took slight offense to. Well guess what, after 4 weeks it became obvious that they were right.....Did I get mad and storm off.....no, I remembered what Ox said when I joined here...."put your big boy pants on". I suggest some of the offended do the same.

I read every single football related post on here and I am thankful for every one of them whether I agree or not...It's like life, take the good with the bad and make the most of it.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Excellent piece of advice, Ox. Humans have a built-in negativity bias. It's an aspect of our neurology, and awareness of this bias can really make a difference in the life of a group (and one's own life). Rick Hanson, in Hardwiring Happiness, describes it this way: "the brain’s negativity bias is like Velcro for negative experiences but Teflon for positive ones. This bias evolved to help ancient animals survive, but today it makes us feel needlessly frazzled, worried, irritated, lonely, inadequate, and blue."

Turns out, we're hard-wired to want to fire Foley.
I have to really work on my own negativity bias all the time. It's remarkable to be alive and to be a Gator, and I wanna live as though I know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator