Founding Member
“Defense can’t possibly get worse than Grantham”

“Defense certainly can’t be worse than under Toney, right?”

Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I hate to say this but I've been saying this all season....I'm not sure what anyone saw in the Arky game that would have lead them to believe this wasn't going to happen?

This started 5-6 years ago and the back half of our defenses since then have been some of the worst in major CFB. They don't tackle and can't cover....

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's really special is that we were winning this game by 4 points halfway through the 3rd quarter, and STILL got blown out! Betcha forgot about that part!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
What's really special is that we were winning this game by 4 points halfway through the 3rd quarter, and STILL got blown out! Betcha forgot about that part!

Remember that one time in the first half that our defense made them use a time out?

IMG_8863.gif

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Remember when Muschamp eviscerated previous lows? FTLOG, I can't believe we have another coach setting new all time lows.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is what happens when you hire the fatass kid from sandlot, some here need to eat crow with their “up and coming” DC bs

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I had LSU scoring 77 points. I was only half joking.

I had Jayden Daniels rushing for 327 yards. I was only half joking.

After Arkansas, who is a really bad team, you had to see this coming. Was there anyone watching who was genuinely surprised?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I had LSU scoring 77 points. I was only half joking.

I had Jayden Daniels rushing for 327 yards. I was only half joking.

After Arkansas, who is a really bad team, you had to see this coming. Was there anyone watching who was genuinely surprised?
Nope. Told a buddy he’d rush for 250 and throw for over 300. I was wrong about not forcing a single punt. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's one thing to give up a QB run here or a catch there. What really sets this defense apart is the LENGTH of the plays they give up. The opposition is in 3rd and 10, they drop back and hit a 12 yard pass. Okay, it happens, you tackle him there. NO - the guy takes that 12 yard pass and runs for 40 while the secondary jogs along next to him. Say what? The QB gets free of the pocket and runs for 50 yards, not 8 or 10 like a normal defense would give up. Where the hell are the defenders when the guy with the ball gets more than 8 yards downfield? It's like there are only 7 or 8 guys out there. Do we even have a secondary?

This level of suck is like something I've never seen before. There are some actually talented players on the field. It's not Vandy's lineup. How could you possibly be THIS bad? Concepts over the head of the players? Poor practice techniques? Isn't it obvious to the coaches by now that the players ARE NOT getting whatever scheme you are attempting? TRY SOMETHING ELSE.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing surprised me about this game and actually felt we would not score as much as we did. I knew the defenses were going to be swiss cheese. Just LSU did not have as many holes in theirs. Daniels has another gear and can make a juke seem really smooth.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
It's one thing to give up a QB run here or a catch there. What really sets this defense apart is the LENGTH of the plays they give up. The opposition is in 3rd and 10, they drop back and hit a 12 yard pass. Okay, it happens, you tackle him there. NO - the guy takes that 12 yard pass and runs for 40 while the secondary jogs along next to him. Say what? The QB gets free of the pocket and runs for 50 yards, not 8 or 10 like a normal defense would give up. Where the hell are the defenders when the guy with the ball gets more than 8 yards downfield? It's like there are only 7 or 8 guys out there. Do we even have a secondary?

This level of suck is like something I've never seen before. There are some actually talented players on the field. It's not Vandy's lineup. How could you possibly be THIS bad? Concepts over the head of the players? Poor practice techniques? Isn't it obvious to the coaches by now that the players ARE NOT getting whatever scheme you are attempting? TRY SOMETHING ELSE.

Just wait, we have 2 more embarrassing defensive performances to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator