The defense

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's one thing to give up a QB run here or a catch there. What really sets this defense apart is the LENGTH of the plays they give up. The opposition is in 3rd and 10, they drop back and hit a 12 yard pass. Okay, it happens, you tackle him there. NO - the guy takes that 12 yard pass and runs for 40 while the secondary jogs along next to him. Say what? The QB gets free of the pocket and runs for 50 yards, not 8 or 10 like a normal defense would give up. Where the hell are the defenders when the guy with the ball gets more than 8 yards downfield? It's like there are only 7 or 8 guys out there. Do we even have a secondary?

This level of suck is like something I've never seen before. There are some actually talented players on the field. It's not Vandy's lineup. How could you possibly be THIS bad? Concepts over the head of the players? Poor practice techniques? Isn't it obvious to the coaches by now that the players ARE NOT getting whatever scheme you are attempting? TRY SOMETHING ELSE.
This has been happening all season long.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My 9 year old said “my team could hold them under 700 yards”.
football lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
The defense is record setting.

We all wanted to like Dez and Co, but they are only good for a few plays. Fat and tired. Maybe the could give some food to the LB?

Slow and tentative. They need size and speed everywhere

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It's one thing to give up a QB run here or a catch there. What really sets this defense apart is the LENGTH of the plays they give up. The opposition is in 3rd and 10, they drop back and hit a 12 yard pass. Okay, it happens, you tackle him there. NO - the guy takes that 12 yard pass and runs for 40 while the secondary jogs along next to him. Say what? The QB gets free of the pocket and runs for 50 yards, not 8 or 10 like a normal defense would give up. Where the hell are the defenders when the guy with the ball gets more than 8 yards downfield? It's like there are only 7 or 8 guys out there. Do we even have a secondary?

This level of suck is like something I've never seen before. There are some actually talented players on the field. It's not Vandy's lineup. How could you possibly be THIS bad? Concepts over the head of the players? Poor practice techniques? Isn't it obvious to the coaches by now that the players ARE NOT getting whatever scheme you are attempting? TRY SOMETHING ELSE.
We thought Grantham was terrible. This fare into the season you can’t just blame it on freshman. This is a coaching issue. I believe this is a DC and SC coaching issue. The HC takes blame in this as well for not sticking a boot in the staffs A$$ to get the players ready both mind and body. The Gators are soft and ill prepared.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
You can't hire a 30 year old kid with no real pedigree for coaching, put him in charge of a squad and then think they are going to respect him, particularly if they get a sense that he doesn't know WTF he is doing. What I see.......players for the most part going through the motions, no real effort and the worst tackling form imaginable. Let's also remember we had several stops in the 1st quarter and the offense did nothing, just more sideways passing and up the gut running. I dread what's getting ready to happen in the coming weeks and I don't mean just the loses but the exodus of current players and the flips from on recruiting the class. The writing is on the wall.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Missouri going in balls deep on us. Should make for another entertaining Saturday. Maybe we can set some more ignominious records

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Add Cory Raymond to the long list of changes that need to need made. So what if he can bring in top talent if the play like A$$.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Haven’t thought to count to double check we have 11 on the field on defense. You might be onto something :scratchchin:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
You can't hire a 30 year old kid with no real pedigree for coaching, put him in charge of a squad and then think they are going to respect him, particularly if they get a sense that he doesn't know WTF he is doing. What I see.......players for the most part going through the motions, no real effort and the worst tackling form imaginable. Let's also remember we had several stops in the 1st quarter and the offense did nothing, just more sideways passing and up the gut running. I dread what's getting ready to happen in the coming weeks and I don't mean just the loses but the exodus of current players and the flips from on recruiting the class. The writing is on the wall.
That was the game… when we didn’t get ahead after stopping them twice in a row

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Haven’t thought to count to double check we have 11 on the field on defense. You might be onto something :scratchchin:
At least that would be an explanation. It's even worse knowing we had 11 on the field and they still weren't even on the TV screen as the opposition runs down the field with the football.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What member of the staff needs to keep his job? Name names. It's failure across the board.
The problem is that he’s not bringing in top talent. We haven’t brought in an elite CB yet. And we’re going on his third recruiting class.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
All the defensive chatter helps avoid the discussion of the 3rd quarter opening play calling.

Run Forest run

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator