The defense

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
USC fired their DC mid-season. It needs to be done. You have to show people you're at least trying something else.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
You can't hire a 30 year old kid with no real pedigree for coaching, put him in charge of a squad and then think they are going to respect him, particularly if they get a sense that he doesn't know WTF he is doing. What I see.......players for the most part going through the motions, no real effort and the worst tackling form imaginable. Let's also remember we had several stops in the 1st quarter and the offense did nothing, just more sideways passing and up the gut running. I dread what's getting ready to happen in the coming weeks and I don't mean just the loses but the exodus of current players and the flips from on recruiting the class. The writing is on the wall.
This 1000%

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
It's one thing to give up a QB run here or a catch there. What really sets this defense apart is the LENGTH of the plays they give up. The opposition is in 3rd and 10, they drop back and hit a 12 yard pass. Okay, it happens, you tackle him there. NO - the guy takes that 12 yard pass and runs for 40 while the secondary jogs along next to him. Say what? The QB gets free of the pocket and runs for 50 yards, not 8 or 10 like a normal defense would give up. Where the hell are the defenders when the guy with the ball gets more than 8 yards downfield? It's like there are only 7 or 8 guys out there. Do we even have a secondary?

This level of suck is like something I've never seen before. There are some actually talented players on the field. It's not Vandy's lineup. How could you possibly be THIS bad? Concepts over the head of the players? Poor practice techniques? Isn't it obvious to the coaches by now that the players ARE NOT getting whatever scheme you are attempting? TRY SOMETHING ELSE.
Marshall, Kimber, and Scooby need to see the bench and/or the portal. Jesus Christ I’m so disgusted with those 3. And Princely, he’s Jachai Polite 2.0. He may not last a full season in the NFL before he gets cut.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
100% he should be fired this morning. Go with any of the other assistants as your DC.
Could Mike P or Spencer be any worse? Isn’t Spencer the “Co-DC”? Or was that a one season thing with Toney?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Could Mike P or Spencer be any worse? Isn’t Spencer the “Co-DC”? Or was that a one season thing with Toney?
I think he still is. Fire AA and just let him do it. Or give Mike Peterson a spin.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

“Culture” right there

Culture is sitting #3s ass after this effort. But nope. He won’t sit a single play.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AA isn’t the problem . You gotta cut the head off the snake. It’s the head ball coach that instills preparation and what is acceptable. It’s not the first time we’ve seen a defender jog on film . It won’t be the last under this bastard either .

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when Muschamp eviscerated previous lows? FTLOG, I can't believe we have another coach setting new all time lows.
It's all a plot to get fans to become ecstatic at an 8-4 or 9-3 record!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ABSO-F’ING-LUTELY! That is an utter embarrassment!
I imagine a player wouldn’t dare put forth that kind of effort on a coach C2 team. One knows any play like that will earn a tongue lashing and a butt on that bench!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
100% he should be fired this morning. Go with any of the other assistants as your DC.
I disagree....who do you put in his place? Our secondary coach sucks balls and we knew LBer was going to be an abortion this year. You're not going to stop a player like Daniels OR his WR's but like Ox said you have to tackle the MFer after he catches the ball or before the QB is 25 yards down the field.....THAT FALLS STRAIGHT into the secondaries duties and somewhat LBer's.

I can't make a turd smell like roses but one bright spot if any is Castell, the kid from Orlando as he is the only one who I've seen keep up in coverage and lay the wood on a couple of tackles.....Kimber and Marshall need to turn in their pads and equipment along with their coach's resignation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator